WW2 Aircraft Carrier "ZUIKAKU"

WOW!

This is AWESOME!

Thank you very much!

It is a perfect fit for My Jill!

carrier3.jpg

carrier2.jpg

carrier1.jpg

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hello,

Thank you both for modding these... I will try the carrier right away :thumbup:

@Hawkeye60 please, please, share a link for your aircraft too :) .. with the upcoming release of the Marianas map and Magnitude’s Corsair, all of the Pacific WW2 Mods would see a lot of use amongst mission designers :thumbup:

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Incredible mod, thanks!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hi DOL,

I installed your Mod on the latest release of Openbeta and it works nicely. It took me a while to see that the A6M Zero was not included on the linked file .. it is a previous Mod of yours:

http://virtualcockpits.web.fc2.com/mod/dcsw_reisen52/dcsw_reisen52.html

I used the AI version 1.3.1 and it works very well. Here are some pics:

DcjsPBh.jpg

NRtxJJj.jpg

1nRq1Xh.jpg

hv4gZS6.jpg

Cymywae.jpg

w5zYRXo.jpg

On the downside, I could only fit 4 aircrafts on the carrier, and it's greenish grey doesn't quite match with the color of other japanese ships that I have installed on my DCS.

The zero is also very detailed and can be fitted with drop tank and a pair of bombs, wish it had a pearl harbor livery included, but it is a really nice Mod :thumbup:

Thanks a lot for sharing this with the DCS community and wish you the best.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

The carrier mod does not include the A6M5.

You will need to download it separately if you need it.

My MOD list is here.

http://virtualcockpits.web.fc2.com/mod/mod.html

On the downside, I could only fit 4 aircrafts on the carrier, and it's greenish grey doesn't quite match with the color of other japanese ships that I have installed on my DCS.

I'll consider it.

I'll consider it.

Thanks a lot for being so open to suggestions. To fit more aircrafts (even if only statics to add ambiance) the key would be to place the launch positions farther forward, just a bit behind the island, like this:

Japanese_Aircraft_Carrier_Akagi_Pearl_Harbor_Raid_December_7_1941.jpg

:thumbup:

Compliments. A really good job.

Hello,

Glad to see you still around, I love your WW2 Italian Navy Mod (Pola, Trento, Soldati class, Di Giussano and Montecuccoli) :thumbup:

... is there any chance that you could fix your Roma battleship (that you did together with @Cadarth) ? A DCS update (2.5.6 I believe) left that Mod incompatible :cry:

Greetings,

Eduardo

Gray livery has been added.

Thank you do much, looks really nice ... :thumbup:

It seems impossible to operate more than 4 aircraft on the flight deck.

It can spawn, but has problems taking off.

I understand, dont worry about it. Can’t wait for the Marianas Map to use it on WW2 missions :)

Best regards,

Eduardo

Wow, nice!!! BUT where is my Corsair Magnitude? ;>

Now I can do only this:

1_pCeQzul24

:D

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

thanks DOL, looks great!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thank you for the wonderful carrier mod - really top notch work!

I also tried the Reisen52 mod, but it doesn't seem to work for me (DCS 2.5.6, latest stable) - all I get is a greenish cube that cannot be controlled. Is there a flyable version that works in DCS 2.5.6?

Thank you for the wonderful carrier mod - really top notch work!

I also tried the Reisen52 mod, but it doesn't seem to work for me (DCS 2.5.6, latest stable) - all I get is a greenish cube that cannot be controlled. Is there a flyable version that works in DCS 2.5.6?

The first screenshot is by 2.5.6.52437.

After 2.5.4, it cannot be flyable.

Hi DOL,

Holy cow!! Just tried dogfighting with a couple of those AI controlled Zeros - both set to excellent. I was flying my trusty old I-16, which is the most maneuverable plane in DCS. Well, those Zeros wiped the floor with me... :) I managed to kill one of them, but the other other one flew circles around me. Other AI planes have infinite climb, too, but these Zeros can also turn literally on a dime while climbing. There's no way to fight such an aircraft - it's faster, infinitely powerful, and more maneuverable even compared to the I-16. I'll have to try a modern jet and even then I don't know if I stand a chance... Well, the flight model may not be super-realistic, but at least you gave me a new challenge. :)

Cheers,

Doc

• 6 months later...

Hi DOL, I found this thread and your terrific MODs only now.  

ドルさんありがとうございました, 素晴らしかった.

I'm using Reisen52 v1.3.1 AI and it works well so far. I think it dogfights like an X-wing fighter because it uses the performance of the P51D with the weight of the A6M5 (~1.5 ton less with ~500 hp more).

So I tried editing the REISEN52.lua file, decreased the thrust figures (thrust_sum_max, thrust_sum_ab, M/Pmax) by ~30% but i coudn't see any difference. So I tried to decrease the AI max G (Ny_min, Ny_max, Ny_max_e) from -4/+8 to -2/+5 but still no visible differences. 

Probably I misunderstood the scope of the [plane name].lua file in the Mods/Aircraft/[plane name] directory...

Greets

baco30

I tried the Reisen52, and it was just a rectangular box for me.

The ship itself is amazing, though, with all the AA guns firing on targets. It's hard to tell if it has too many or little hit points, because ship damage in the game is so borked right now.