3080 price and build

Quekel

I'm starting a new build aswell I'm really impressed with what Ive seen of Nvidias new cards so far. I'm 80% sure I'll be going for the 3080 but I'll wait until Zen 3 launches and see how good RDNA2 is before I make a final decison on specs.

FYI geforce just published a video on youtube of 3080 v 2080ti at 4k max setting in Doom eternal (not my sort of game) and the 3080 knocked it out of the park. 120 fps as a rough average @4k on a 144hz monitor thats impressive.

Edited by TBAR

+1 considering 3080 upgrade for 1080ti

But there is a 1070ti with 16GB on the horizon, so perhaps a 1080ti with more than 10GB will also appear in the near future?

Probably DDR6x is a little bit scarce right now.

In any case I will wait for DCS performance feedback from early adaptors.

With the 700 bucks not spent for a 3090, I will have the option to get a Ryzen 4000 + fast RAM + nice Motherboard if the performance is attractive.

To speak the truth, I am quite content with my VR experience right now on the 1080ti & 3600x combo. No urge for quick decisions.

Edited by Motomouse

VIC-20@1.108 MHz, onboard GPU, 5KB RAM, μυωπία goggles, Competition Pro HOTAS

Yeah I can't justify the 3090 over the 3080 for an estimated 20% increase in performance for an extra £750; that covers a G2. I read you really need a threadripper to get the best out of the 3090 for me the performance/cost ratio just gets silly at that point.

+1 considering 3080 upgrade for 1080ti

To speak the truth, I am quite content with my VR experience right now on the 1080ti & 3600x combo. No urge for quick decisions.

So am I, but that probably won't be the case after moving from Rift S to Reverb G2. :pilotfly: