Maverick Fixes

Jetguy06

Please, for the love of Hawg, can ED fix the incorrect pointing cross behavior for the upcoming A-10C 2.0? The cross should flash for an invalid track and be steady for a valid one. It's the opposite right now, and has been for as long as I've been flying the Hawg (2013). Ive brought it up in the A-10C thread a while back, but it never got acknowledged by anyone at ED.

Also, please, please implement correct modeling of the Maverick keyhole constraints, as well as the pitch angle/rate and roll angle/rate restrictions. The -65 is NOT an AIM-9X, but it currently flies off the jet at or near gimbal limits as if it were one, and still manages to hit its target. Admittedly, it's been a while since I've used IR Mavs in the Hornet or Harrier, but IIRC, keyhole was correctly modeled in both.

I understand if these items won't be fixed before A-10C 2.0. I mean, why put these features into the original just to do the work again relatively soon for 2.0? But please, once 2.0 is released, put these items somewhere in the features/bug fix list.

Thanks!!

I thought the keyhole constraints were implemented to the A-10Cs Mavericks in an update 2 or 3 years ago? :huh:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Please, for the love of Hawg, can ED fix the incorrect pointing cross behavior for the upcoming A-10C 2.0? The cross should flash for an invalid track and be steady for a valid one. It's the opposite right now, and has been for as long as I've been flying the Hawg (2013). Ive brought it up in the A-10C thread a while back, but it never got acknowledged by anyone at ED.

Also, please, please implement correct modeling of the Maverick keyhole constraints, as well as the pitch angle/rate and roll angle/rate restrictions. The -65 is NOT an AIM-9X, but it currently flies off the jet at or near gimbal limits as if it were one, and still manages to hit its target. Admittedly, it's been a while since I've used IR Mavs in the Hornet or Harrier, but IIRC, keyhole was correctly modeled in both.

I understand if these items won't be fixed before A-10C 2.0. I mean, why put these features into the original just to do the work again relatively soon for 2.0? But please, once 2.0 is released, put these items somewhere in the features/bug fix list.

Thanks!!

+1

Well written!!!

I have made same wishes:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3885604&postcount=9

Best regards,

Edited by falconbr

The AGM-65 as it exists in DCS: A-10C v1 does indeed need some work: steady vs. pointing cross, HOTAS switchology to employ, and lock on range.

Habu

Dear Sir,

What about keyhole constraints?

Do you think that is correct implemented in DCS A-10C v1?

I think that Jetguy06 is right in a.m post.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

• 2 weeks later...