AI aircaft ED MUST have redone with the release of this map

FoxOne007

Marianas ofc has the large bomber base on Guam, but with the current state of some AI aircraft it would almost be better not populating it than placing horrible Lock On quality AI aircraft. IMO the following AI aircraft MUST be redone when ED releases this map:

- B-52H (Obviously)

- B-1B (Obviously)

- C-17A

- S-3 (carrier ops)

- SH-60B/F (carrier ops)

- Tu-95

- Tu-160

And also add the following aircraft:

- B-2A (an obvious must)

- KC-10 (larger tanker to support all USAF assets with more fuel)

- EA-6B Prowler (carrier ops)

- P-3C (for sub hunting, so some actual working subs would be appreciated too)

- C-5 Galaxy (to make airbases in general a bit more filled up with realistic transports)

Let's hope ED takes note and does work on these assets

Edited by FoxOne007

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TBH Id rather just see an EA version than wait for new AI models I may not use

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• ED Team

We have plans to improve many older models.

It just takes time and hard work.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I wouldn't say it's necessarily a must. Nice to have? Absolutely definitely.

That said, the old models are long overdue an update, it would also be good if the weapons loadouts were updated where applicable, as well as some of the weapons (namely the GBU-27 and AGM-86).

Would definitely like a P-3 but at the moment, while lots of improvements have been made to submarines (they can actually dive and in some cases shoot), there's still a long way to go, even just with the basics; so at the moment, I feel that DCS maybe isn't ready for ASW aircraft yet, especially since like 80% of its stores aren't implemented (especially depth bombs and sonobuoys, even if the latter just sits there bobbing around not doing anything).

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Working AI KC10, AI C5 and AI P3 also already in the excellent Military Aircraft Mod if you are not averse to Mods.

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Working AI KC10, AI C5 and AI P3 also already in the excellent Military Aircraft Mod if you are not averse to Mods.

Yeah I am aware but from personal testing the KC-10 doesn't function properly and it only just a prop, and so are the C-5 and P-3, they're nice as props but it would be nicer to have them properly functional in DCS natively so no one has to download such important and imo essential aircraft (besides maybe the C-5) as mods. I think all current aicraft in MAM should be 100% part of the game by default, so that LHA's and CVN's can have their proper assets along with any land base

Edited by FoxOne007

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OP, you may forget that Syria is from third-party, they may not have luxury to sit on a finished product until someone updates the old AI models and/or adds new ones.

Which coincidentially brings me to a point I just had the other day, I think the reason beta releases feel so rough is because they don't want to sit on much and just get it out ASAP, just as people wanted ... but not necessairly works in practice as we seen.

Anyway, Tu-22M and Il-76 (+ fully animated cargo-rack paradrop!!! one day) is my vote here :)

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

OP, you may forget that Syria is from third-party, they may not have luxury to sit on a finished product until someone updates the old AI models and/or adds new ones.

Which coincidentially brings me to a point I just had the other day, I think the reason beta releases feel so rough is because they don't want to sit on much and just get it out ASAP, just as people wanted ... but not necessairly works in practice as we seen.

Anyway, Tu-22M and Il-76 (+ fully animated cargo-rack paradrop!!! one day) is my vote here :)

Well then it's a good thing he is talking about the free Marianas map that ED is making and not Syria by Ugra Media... ;)

Meh the Tu-22M3 looks decent enough, maybe some minor tweaking around the engine area, unless you mean adding an older Tu-22M2 variant.

The Il-76 on the other hand could do with some work, as could the A-50 Mainstay.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Well then it's a good thing he is talking about the free Marianas map that ED is making and not Syria by Ugra Media... ;)

I mixed the threads up sorry ... doing too much at the same time, right this moment I was in the process of closing down the freaking tabs and windows I have allover the place, busy busy.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

By the logic above, the S-3 would have been updated with the Super Carrier.

and the SH-60B...:D

Z6pnb1p.png

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

By the logic above, the S-3 would have been updated with the Super Carrier.

It is going to be updated though, isn't it?

System:

Well, pretty much all the AI's would be need of some touchup due to the need by the new damage model, I'm not sure if all of that could be glued onto the new models.

It is going to be updated though, isn't it?

Yes it is being updated along with the new In Flight Refuelling psychics.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I think it would be totally ok to draw a big red circle around the whole thing :D

SRsfa58.gif

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU