Possible to remove the glare/tint effect from the canopy?

FoxTwo

I'm not talking about the gold or transparent canopy, or the reflections, I'm talking about the mask/shader/haze/glare effect that gets applied to the inside of the F-16 canopy and makes the entire world look glazed over.

Any idea where I can nuke that in the lua? It's not so bad in flat screen but in VR it feels like I've got vaseline over the lenses.

Do you mean this "yellow" glare effect? Like I reported in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=280989

attachment.php?attachmentid=243217&d=1595514412

I'd also like to know how to remove or reduce this effect, as it's a bit overdone imho

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks for the link, I'll be sure to grab that. Can't stand the overly done modification to the canopy, we were making head way with reflections and tint, but we are back to more distractions on the canopy. I think some don't understand that the brain and eyes work hard of seeing through the stuff in real life, but when it comes to a computer screen or VR headset, we can't look through because it's stealing the focus.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Thanks for pointing out that mod FoxTwo :thumbup:

Does it pass IC though?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks for the link @FoxTwo! That effect can be problematic at sunset even on a flat screen.

I just wish ED will manage to implement some subtle Screen Space Reflection on the canopies and other surfaces at some point. It would be interesting and add a welcome touch of realism. (the recent Ka-50 cockpit uses the SSR effect in the cockpit - but not glass surfaces - so they might be experimenting)

Having zero reflections from the cockpit green lighting at night feels weird :)

But with all that reflective surface it's probably quite a technical challenge.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• ED Team

Why use mods when it is in special options already?

Screen_200908_094317.thumb.png.d89bd0ffe99920ecf6444d35b1e1b268.png

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/8/2020 at 6:37 AM, FoxTwo said:

Appreciated, but turning reflections and tint off doesn't have an effect on the goofy canopy glare that bounces around the glass.

I don’t think ED actually tests in VR - these are so obvious when you use the F-16

• 4 weeks later...

When I asked how it was tested, I found out the tester was saying there wasn't this issue and that they were using a 4k monitor .   And quite a few responses are like 'it's fine' then you see they are on a 4k monitor.   When I use my 4k monitor it looks obviously better, but it's dim in the G2, which is one of the higher res VR headset.  

There has been a real lack of acknowledgement that at certain TOD - the red datalink contacts, no matter how bright or contrast applied are barely visible.   It doesn't give much confidence where there has been no response on this by the ED team.   So if you are testing it in VR then I'm wondering why after all this, that there has been no acknowledgement of an issue we see both in a G2 and a Pimax 8kx

• 10 months later...

please attach track and screenshot of your settings,

I am not seeing this in VR

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs