Fight for Honor - A Folds of Honor Charity Event

M0ltar

In real life, a pilot would not.[/quote

Good thing that 15 pilot wasn't thinking that. He said **** it pulled 12 g's in a split s manuever to get on the mig 29's six and killed him and lived to fight another day.

Edited by Carlos

In real life, a pilot would not.[/quote

Good thing that 15 pilot wasn't thinking that. He said **** it pulled 12 g's in a split s manuever to get on the mig 29's six and killed him and lived to fight another day.

Good thing GB and I are both fighter pilots in real life.

In real life, a pilot would not.

In real life a real pilot, Snodgrass, with more then 4800 hours during 26 years on F14 did it many times: he pulled more G and he used full flaps and he told all about this just last year.

Edited by maxsin72

In real life a real pilot, Snodgrass, with more then 4800 hours during 26 years on F14 did it many times: he pulled more G and he used full flaps and he told all about this just last year.

There are many instances of fighter pilots over g'ing jets. There just are not any for the 16 and 18. Due to its computer controlled g limiter.

Fight for Honor - A Folds of Honor Charity Event

........ You tube/google/wikipedia + the 21st century notion that every opinion is valid = the dunning kruger effect.

I think it’s a combination of that, the anonymity the internet provides, and the inability of a large part of humanity to simply say they don’t know the answer to something.

People feel a sense of superiority imo when they provide an answer, even when it’s wrong, instead of saying they don’t. Couple that with being anonymous on the internet and makes it even easier. Since people don’t really know who you are when they do find out you’re actually wrong and full of it they can’t come punch you in the face in real life.

..... how to deductivly reason, employ the scientific method, or avoiding logical fallacies.

Example: you know you can barely, if at all, move your head greator than 8Gs? Why are those championing realism not insisting on something to hinder head movement in the game ? Because it has nothing to do with actual "reality" and everything to do with perception and an individuals preferred playing style. People just want implemented what allows their play style to be accepted, especially if it gives an advantage. Then they cherry pick evidence and reverse engineer the logic to try and justify it under the facade of "realism ". It is an arguing tactic seen in politics when using "safety","social justice ", etc, as an excuse.

Edited by Lex Talionis

Find us on Discord. https://discord.gg/td9qeqg

I think it’s a combination of that, the anonymity the internet provides, and the inability of a large part of humanity to simply say they don’t know the answer to something.

People feel a sense of superiority imo when they provide an answer, even when it’s wrong, instead of saying they don’t. Couple that with being anonymous on the internet and makes it even easier. Since people don’t really know who you are when they do find out you’re actually wrong and full of it they can’t come punch you in the face in real life.

Well seeing as it was just this past summer that a f15 pilot passed out and caused a bunch of damage to his jet. That is just one instance of a fighter pilot over g'ing his jet. So now what?

..... how to deductivly reason, employ the scientific method, or avoiding logical fallacies.

Example: you know you can barely, if at all, move your head greator than 8Gs? Why are those championing realism not insisting on something to hinder head movement in the game ? Because it has nothing to do with actual "reality" and everything to do with perception and an individuals preferred playing style. People just want implement what allows their play style to be accepted, especially if it gives an advantage for success. Then they cherry pick evidence and reverse engineer the logic to try and justify it under the facade of "realism ". It is an arguing tactic seen in politics when using "safety","social justice ", etc, as an excuse.

I bought his answer at first. But now just blanket statement that no fighter pilot has over g'd a jet. Like really?? In 1991 the f15 pilot that pulled 12 g's in a split s manuever. Like do you think I'm pulling these instances out of my ass?

I bought his answer at first. But now just blanket statement that no fighter pilot has over g'd a jet. Like really?? In 1991 the f15 pilot that pulled 12 g's in a split s manuever. Like do you think I'm pulling these instances out of my ass?

No, but what i believe you are doing is cherry picking unique instances and passing them as the normative. Taking quite complex concepts and over simplifying them. And i also believe the lack of greator context is clouding your restraint in confidence of your opinion.

These logical fallacies seem to be the norm on most forums and wikis.

Edited by Lex Talionis

No, but what i believe you are doing is cherry picking unique instances and passing them as the normative. Taking quite complex concepts and over simplifying them. And i also believe the lack of greator context is clouding your restraint in confidence of your opinion.

Well hell then the term over g'ing shouldn't even exist then. Problem solved lol.

........ You tube/google/wikipedia + the 21st century notion that every opinion is valid = the dunning kruger effect.

Also you are on internet, do you forgot it?

That said, tell me something about this:

Do you think perhaps to be more "real" or more skilled or simply to know more about F14 then Captain Snodgrass?

Edited by maxsin72

These logical fallacies seem to be the norm on most forums and wikis.

And Captain Craig 'Mole' Underhill is the 15 pilot that pulled the 12 g's in the split s manuever. And says it on an episode of Dogfights. His quote "I pulled 12 g's and with my adrenaline bother me and the jet handled it with ease". So take it up with him as the liar.

Also you are on internet, do you forgot it?

That said, tell me something about this:

Do you think perhaps to be more "real" or more skilled or simply to know more about F14 then Captain Snodgrass?

Thanks Maxsin, mike drop and I'm out.

And Captain Craig 'Mole' Underhill is the 15 pilot that pulled the 12 g's in the split s manuever. And says it on an episode of Dogfights. His quote "I pulled 12 g's and with my adrenaline bother me and the jet handled it with ease". So take it up with him as the liar.

You are misunderstanding my point and possibly trying to move the goal posts.

Im not calling him a liar or disputing the video exists. I am challenging your conclusions of these videos. That these examples somehow illustrates a widely accepted practice. Context is what you are lacking in all of this, context of how the comunity operates and the logic behind it. Gamers seam to conclude that their logic is simply more acurate based on a very limited context.

The idea that youtubing "experience " some how trumps actual "experience ", or that one can conclude they understand all that is going on from a video, especially when they have limited contextual knowledge of what they are viewing, is quite humorous.

Edited by Lex Talionis

Im not calling him a liar or disputing the video exists. I am challenging your conclusions of these videos. That these examples somehow illustrates a widely accepted practice. Context is what you are lacking in all of this, context of how the comunity operates and the logic behind it. Gamers seam to conclude that their logic is simply more acurate based on a very limited context.

Nobody spoke about "widely accepted practice.", but it happened and who did it was the most important pilot in F14 history, don't forget it.