Fight for Honor - A Folds of Honor Charity Event

M0ltar

The first fight was one circle vertical. The second fight was out of plane two circle that eventually transitioned to one circle and then a BFM error by Trigger that gave SungHo a big opportunity. Sungho's own words (as quoted above) were that he knew a two circle fight wouldn't work against the Flanker.

This is the perfect example of Dunning Kruger. There's nothing left to say.

Congrats to Sungho and thanks to everyone for participating.

And the fact that Sungho was emailing guys so he could fight the AI should tell you all you need to know about gamers. They actually do think they're better than real fighter pilots. Lol.

Edited by Carlos

And the fact that Sungho was emailing guys so he could fight the AI should tell you all you need to know about gamers. They actually do think they're better than real fighter pilots. Lol.

Do you know if Sung Ho also plays in justdogfight with the nick name ssun_god?

Do you know if Sung Ho also plays in justdogfight with the nick name ssun_god?

No that is someone else. Sung Ho's call sign is =W= ACE and he is in the JDF server. Actually quite the cocky ass call sign. Beat him a few times he's beat me a few times. But he definitely does not come in the guns only area in a furball. His bs pull up and spiral move does not work so good there. I call it the astronaut move.

Edited by Carlos

The elephant in the room is the toxic environment. As with automobiles, trains, nuclear, space, medicine and about all tech/human discoveries and inventions, the gained knowledge does not come with the wisdom to use it. Thankfully we learned very quick with nuclear but the Japan incident still iterates we are far from masters of it. Social media is no different, has great promise to accelerate improvements of the human condition, but also has the possibility of causing great harm. Finding a place where this toxicity doesn't exist has eluded me. You won't stop intentional weaponization of it, but you do have the choice weather to be a part of the harm caused by those who do weaponize it...that is their intent, to use you to do exactly that, cause harm. Sure ya'll don't care but I'm with G.B. on this.

please don't continue the misinformation about nuclear power. I could lecture you guys for days on the who, what, and why of all the things you read in the news about Fukushima. Nuclear is the cleanest, cheapest, and best form of energy to ensure a safe and healthy planet in the future. I can guarantee you that anyone arguing against nuclear, and anyone who thinks we don't "have it mastered" is saying so out of complete ignorance on the matter. sorry to go OT, but this subject is near and dear to my heart, and every flippant comment made about it since the 60s has contributed to our environmental crisis today. Dont be part of the problem.

ETA: sorry about the tone. Im trying to contain some outrage that yours is a common sentiment, mostly because of the fault of the media. I care about our planet and its people, and the state of the power industry and the continued campaigns against nuclear power are one of the greatest tragedies of the 20th and now 21st century. pollution, war, famine, countless deaths, all unnecessary and simply due to public ignorance. It drives me up a wall.

Edited by Dino Might
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I too never heard any follow up on what happened with sungho and the ai dogfight. Anything?

Also I’m curious if there will be another FoH tournament this Fall.

edit: oh lawd look at the drama I missed. For what it’s worth I appreciated the rules to keep it closer to real life. I’m here to try and sim not play arcade. Just my personal take. I’m sure there’s lots of other tournaments with no limits and flying the jet until it’s out of fuel etc etc. One singular tournament that has real world restrictions seems good to me.

Edited by S. Low

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's interesting to note that Sungho (Ace) fought the AI and recorded it and wanted to post it, but Mover did not allow him to.  Why?  Because Mover wanted the views and Youtube money for himself.  Some charity event that turned out to be.

• Like 1