At Arms Length - JSOW

Hey Glyn,

I finally made it to At Arms Length mission (It was great so far! Good job!), but in this mission I can't destroy the targets because the SAMs kill my JSOWs evey time, even when dropped from 40000ft!

Anyone with this problem?

(I also encountered this in multiplayer, so I was sceptical this was actually going to work with an SA-10 around!)

Thanks!

Hey Glyn,

I finally made it to At Arms Length mission (It was great so far! Good job!), but in this mission I can't destroy the targets because the SAMs kill my JSOWs evey time, even when dropped from 40000ft!

Anyone with this problem?

(I also encountered this in multiplayer, so I was sceptical this was actually going to work with an SA-10 around!)

Thanks!

Hi. Your going too close to the target. If you go too close you will set them to red alert and yes they will shoot everything down. In the brief I give a distance to remain clear. You will need to be high to get the range and keep out of the red alert zone.

The mission is really a challenge of getting in the right position to release the weapons in terms of location and height. Do not go within the alert radius.

Hope this helps.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I don't know man somehow I walk into these things :D.

Now I've destroyed the first 3 hangars, but then I input the precise coordinates into WPT 6 and the last JSOW misses for about 30m... it doesn't hit the previously hit hangars so it did use a new coordinate.

Maybe I should create a new waypoint and this is a DCS bug.

:pilotfly:

(ps. I've attached the screenshot)

Capture.thumb.PNG.e0930ae35de10abbc490d9aae0a592a0.PNG

I don't know man somehow I walk into these things :D.

Now I've destroyed the first 3 hangars, but then I input the precise coordinates into WPT 6 and the last JSOW misses for about 30m... it doesn't hit the previously hit hangars so it did use a new coordinate.

Maybe I should create a new waypoint and this is a DCS bug.

:pilotfly:

(ps. I've attached the screenshot)

Hi.

Your problem is you are not using the right format of precise coordinate. I have set this out in the brief. You need decimal seconds . You can change this in the HSI using the a/c button top row left side and then toggle the formats with the right side bottom button. Your co-ords should look as attached with a decimal place. (didn't bother to enter height just wanted to show coord format).Probably best to watch a video on precise coordinate entry. I list the things you need to check on in the brief for each mission.

Hope this helps

Screen_200905_121741.thumb.png.218fe77dac7d2223eeaa1c2dcc09bd8a.png

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

Hey Glyn, sorry for the confusion, you're right of course, I did read the briefing but somehow assumed that was the format I was familiar with.

I write the important stuff down into a notebook but it looks I failed it two times just for this mission, will go sit in a corner now lol.

There's a good lesson here though, really really RTFM.

Thanks! :D

Hey Glyn, sorry for the confusion, you're right of course, I did read the briefing but somehow assumed that was the format I was familiar with.

I write the important stuff down into a notebook but it looks I failed it two times just for this mission, will go sit in a corner now lol.

There's a good lesson here though, really really RTFM.

Thanks! :D

No problem, main thing is you enjoying the campaign :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I keep being failed in this mission during the air combat portion. I launch on the attackers at around 20 miles in tws, then turn cold once the missiles are active (since I'm being spiked). Splash two bandits but it seems like as soon as I got to around waypoint 3 (happened a couple of times now) it tells me I've failed for not completing objectives. I'm guessing there's a trigger meant to take place on the return trip at waypoint 3? If that's the case, having the BVR combat take place so close to waypoint 3 is probably a mistake. My next attempt I'll try to not retreat quite so far, but sometimes in BVR combat it's the correct thing to do when getting spiked and launched on.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I keep being failed in this mission during the air combat portion. I launch on the attackers at around 20 miles in tws, then turn cold once the missiles are active (since I'm being spiked). Splash two bandits but it seems like as soon as I got to around waypoint 3 (happened a couple of times now) it tells me I've failed for not completing objectives. I'm guessing there's a trigger meant to take place on the return trip at waypoint 3? If that's the case, having the BVR combat take place so close to waypoint 3 is probably a mistake. My next attempt I'll try to not retreat quite so far, but sometimes in BVR combat it's the correct thing to do when getting spiked and launched on.

Hi

Basically the fail zone, the area you cannot leave without reaching your objectives extends from the main target to almost way point 3. Any further out and you will fail. Note your comments and I will look to increasing it out further. That said I would never be turning my back on attacking bandits. I would get your long range missiles off first give them something to think about and maybe get a hit and then aggressively attack further with your short range missiles but using manoeuvring and countermeasures to avoid their missiles before you take them out. Works for me every time.

To be honest the intention is not specifically a BVR encounter it's simply bandits trying to stop you destroying their hangers and it could be BVR or it could be close and dirty however it works out.

Hope this helps

Edited by Glyn