Viper audio mod

Hello pilots, it is something I have been playing with for quite some time now, decided to share and move on. I have changed or altered most of external and internal engine sounds, winds and distortions and stuff. I did not touch system audios like warnings, RWR, lock tones or switches. Although it took tons of work it is a fun/passion project and not something to compete with quality audios provided by ED. My only point of reference are videos and my editing skills are still limited. If you are an audiophile or you fly a lot using F2 view - stay away from this mod! If you not bothered that much about the clarity as long as sound transitions, volumes and frequency are decent- give it a try.

Some examples:

Download here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312122/

Edited by hubson
First post update
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finnaly someone make something! Cant wait to see (hear) how its done, but defenetly gonna be some fresh change. Still faster than Mavs and HARMs from ED :thumbup:

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

Something telling me that it will blew my head off when I play it on my 1000W Z906 Logitech 5.1 speakers... :clap:

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey Plus+, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-7700k 5.1GHz (OC), Hydro Series™ H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Buttkicker 2 Gamer+SSA Sound Module, Virpil MangoosT-CM2 Base+Grip, Logitech X56 Throttle +Rudder, Logitech Z906 5.1, LG OLED 55'' 4K 120Hz
A10-C II,  AH-64D,  AV88NA,  F-14A/B,  F-16C,  F/A-18C,  Ka-50,  Mi-24,  Mi-8,  SA342,  UH-1H,  SuperCarrier,  Persian Gulf,  Nevada,  Syria,  Simshaker for Aviators

Are you sure no other mod interferes? I try to reproduce auto start/stop problem but it seems to work ok on my end.. Could you give more details? Track maybe?

Just a word of warning & it's a pity because it's an awesome mod

When I installed it, it broke the Auto Start/Stop. Fine for all you guys who start the jet manually I guess but I haven't learned it sufficiently yet

Ok I'll give it another try.

I noticed that the Auto start stopped working after I installed it. I disabled all my other mods, removed the sound and did a repair and the Auto start worked. When I then replaced the sound mod, without enabling any of the others the Auto Start would no longer work

I do hope I can get it to work because it's an absolutely fantastic mod and thanks so much for doing it, really appreeciate all the work

I'll report back later

No worries, I hope you will sort it out. First I would check is if anything messes with your key mapping (steam or gforce experience overlay or something)

You're right there is something else going on with my Auto Start (although I have no clue what)

Mod is unrelated to the problem, my apologies

Thanks

Actually the file structure has not changed, you just put all custom stuff in saved games folder. The overview of this structure is located in doc folder/sounds. But it is only the list of all ingame sdefs with file structure and just names of correspondig waves.

It's very impressive. It wasn't the only one me thought the Viper sound needed improvement. How did you figure out the file structure?

thanks very much your passion

Piękne skóry a ten kokpit to miód, dzięki!

Beautiful skins and this cockpit is sweet, thanks!

A very big thanks to hubson for his work

this video its dedicated to you my friend

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

What the heck, skouras, you try to make me internet immortal? You owe me case of Amstel, counting from now to 2027 so you better hurry up cause we don't know if the world will not end sooner. As I'm usually never fully satisfied with my my work I will not comment on that side of your clip but as far as editing and "the feel"- man you better make more of this or I squeeze another Amstel case out of you. Also I take this opportunity to address the devs:

Dear sirs, please separate F2 view sounds, let the loops keep going on in F3 and F11 and let people enjoy Hollywood style F2 view. Let the sounders know the position of the plane, please? I love your work. On the side note, the idea of sdef secret is shit. I hope You will reconsider one day..

With utter respect

Hubson

Thank you very much, Skouras

A very big thanks to hubson for his work

this video its dedicated to you my friend

Edited by hubson
dizziness