Who auto starts their aircraft

CBenson89

True but i've stated many times in this thread that I don't care what others do. That should have told you I wasn't serious.

The written word is so easily misunderstood. I left myself open with that post. My bad.

at 225 posts in this thread running quite the gamut of opinions, its easy to lose track of who's said what

no biggie, c'est al vie

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Ok, new rule. If you're a real fighter pilot you can skip manual starting.

Do you qualify? :)

Good thing I have a rule about following arbitrary rules that makes no sense to me ;)

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

(The limitation to this is expecting the dev to implement something unrealistic, but feel free to mod your module to your hearts content)

Fits exactly for autostart :thumbup:

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I never used to. Now with VR? Let's just say it makes things a whole lot less complicated and lets me actually enjoy what I enjoy most in DCS. The flying.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Fits exactly for autostart :thumbup:

Autostart simply automates a realistic procedure. My statement was for hanging unrealistic loadouts on an aircraft, like jdams on an f86 (hypothetical example) :smilewink:

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

I know this is gonna be contentious but who here uses auto start? I literally never use it for any aircraft because I feel like it defeats the purpose of playing a game like this. If I want to auto start I’ll go play arma or ace combat or something. I love bringing the jet and it’s systems to life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found its very useful when learning a plane

I used to autostart the F14 and now I cold start it either seat.

I see NO HARM in using it whatsoever.

Some planes are easy to start - if you NEED to autostart the F86 for example.. maybe you need Ace Combat.

Others like the huey... Its so laborious, just autostart the damn thing.

The Huey autostarting Ill add wont particularly give you insight into how the actual helo works.

Cold start with the F14 DOES help you understand the plane. same with many others.

I do autostarts especially when learning a new plane for cockpit familiarisation, good way to learn where stuff is (I stress new pilots should do this). If I'm just popping on to joy ride something I rarely fly I'll do an autostart for sake of ignorance. If it's something I fly often it depends on the autostart procedure. Some of em I prefer to do myself cause I don't like how the macro does it, or so I don't forget misc stuff that needs to be done alomg the way. Like autostart doesn't arm guns in some modules, etc so it's better to do it myself to make sure nothing important gets missed.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I do the start sequence once - then auto start always.

Can’t be bothered with memorizing sequences of switches, then debugging the plane when it won’t start. There’s no need to simulate the boring or annoying parts of life.

I also arm all the weapons on the ground immediately after startup. Safety is not fun either.

“Mosquitoes fly, but flies don’t Mosquito” :pilotfly:

- Geoffrey de Havilland.

... well, he could have said it!

I also arm all the weapons on the ground immediately after startup. Safety is not fun either.

:music_whistling:

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

really depends on the air frame.. F16 f18 Mi8 f15 manual starts the rest auto starts..

never even tried to start the huey.. the av8 the mc2000 the f5 they are all auto start..

and I have all the NATO jets..

Targs,

GTX 1080ti, Asus Hero XI, Intel 9900KF @4.2MHz, 32g DDR4@3200Mhz, 4x 1Tb SSD 1x 400g m.2mvme(boot), 28" Samsung 4k, Saitek X-56 Throttle/Warthog Stick and Saitek Pro Flight Pedals.

Moduls

All of the NATO jets, and all the choppers..

DEDi MP [62AW] The Blackbirds Brisbane

my approach:

picture.php?albumid=1828&pictureid=12405

System:

• 1 month later...

Auto start. I fly mostly vr and I'm not as bendy and flexible as I used to be. Some of the things I need to turn and look at are near impossible to do with a vr headset on, no to mention focus on.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

I don't auto-start the hornet because I can start it up faster myself. auto-start for the A-10C because it gives me enough time to read frequencies and look at whats going on in the F10 map (it's not like im going anywhere fast in the hog). I would like to know how to make a custom auto-start to skip some things or speed up time between steps.

Heatblur F-14 Tomcat | DCS F/A-18C Hornet | DCS A-10C II Warthog | BelSimTek UH-1H

RTX 2080 Super, i7 8700K @ 4.9Ghz, 16gb 2400Mhz DDR4, Asus Z370F, Corsair H115i Pro

Cold start, always! Just love fiddling around with the switches and buttons. Makes me feel sitting in this Martin Baker seat.

• Like 1

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

• 3 weeks later...

In MP I have to usually coldstart so in SP its 95% Auto u d FFWD. Also depends on the module. 

I see no reason to wait for 8 min in the F-16 to have proper alignement. 

Didnt know, that one can autostart the Tomcat as stated above. Have to check it out. 

17 minutes ago, Wali763 said:

I see no reason to wait for 8 min in the F-16 to have proper alignement. 

Just do stored heading aligment. You can be airborne from a cold & dark in less than 4 minutes

-Alex

i9-12900K | RTX3080 | 32GB DDR4 | Water Cooled | Logitech X56 | TrackIR5 | 34" MSI Curved Widescreen 3440x1440

I wonder if there are real fighter pilots out there who can remember 24 cold start procedures at all. I mean sure if you just fly one or 2 modules a cold start shouldn't be the problem. But if you enjoy more modules in a small timeframe it's impossible to remember all of them. I mean i get the cold start procedure in like 3-4 tries into my head again as long as i fly the module but when i haven't touched it for a month and i flew some other airframe, it's gone.

DCS is a huge sandbox and everyone get their fun in a different way. I mean for myself i am here for the combat and the fact it's as close to real life as it gets. I can pretend that iam just a normal guy who somehow made it into a cockpit of a fighter jet with a mission going on where i try to do my best. I am not interested in just flying a plane around and do nothing than just flying, because at some point it really gets boring for myself and i miss the feeling that virtual death (bandits,flak,sams) is around every corner. Mostly autostart except for 3-4 modules which i fly quite often.

• Like 1

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Recently took the time to learn the A-10C cold and dark procedure. Really not that bad if broken down in to "modules."

Now it's total muscle memory ... and hella faster that the auto start assist.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

I rarely have time for a full mission (cold start, takeoff, transit, tanking, action, tanking, transit,  landing, shut down) so I divide it up. Sometimes I feel like doing tge first parts, sometimes just the middle parts, and sometimes the last parts. So I either cold start or air start.