Enhanced Gamemaster Script: Zeus, but for DCS

CakeSorbus

Hi HunterJoker,

check Section 2.2 of the Gamemaster Manual. Rarely used types of group templates (like WW2 era planes) are not enabled for spawning per default. They must manually be enabled in the config section of Gamemaster_Templates.lua by setting their entry in the list from "false" to "true". You can use Section 6 of the manual to check which types of aircraft/ground units are included in the various template groups. Don't forget to reselect the script file in your mission after making your adjustments.

Cheers,

Cake

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2021 at 10:52 AM, Meliok said:

Hi CakeSorbus ! 

Is there a github or something else for GameMaster ? I'm currently adding some functions for my own need and think this could be shared with everyone ( with you permission indeed! ) 

Best, 

Meliok

Awesome, what functions are you working on?

There's no GitHub for Gamemaster, in the past, whenever someone had a contribution, they just sent me their file and I merged their functions into my build (while giving them full credit of course).

I often refactored their code a bit as well, in order to make it conform to my own coding style.

If you have some neat functions to add to Gamemaster, I'll gladly merge them into the main script.

Cheers

Cake

3 hours ago, CakeSorbus said:

Awesome, what functions are you working on?

There's no GitHub for Gamemaster, in the past, whenever someone had a contribution, they just sent me their file and I merged their functions into my build (while giving them full credit of course).

I often refactored their code a bit as well, in order to make it conform to my own coding style.

If you have some neat functions to add to Gamemaster, I'll gladly merge them into the main script.

Cheers

Cake

Will PM you tomorrow then. I have to quickly merge before to version 2.4 as it was developed in 2.2. Normally, I tried to keep your coding style, but don’t hesitate to change anything you like. 

I’ve got 4 functions, but 2 are currently mission dependent. Nethertheless, I think they can be modified to work independently. These are:

Currently mission dependent:

-Group perform a CAS on a given area

-Group perform a SEAD on a given area

…and the 2 mission independent :

- Place a Marker at given coordinates ( using the different formats of -coord )

-Artillery group perform an artillery strike at marker position 

Hi,

Could anyone enlighten me please, how to prevent the group to gather in one place after it's spawned?
As example, I have SCUD group, that is spread around in about 1 mile diameter. When spawned, all the vehicles and infantry are relocating coming near the first vehicle.
I have defined this group also as the template and set it's default formation to be based on it as well, as added the Hold task to the initial waypoint with template set to this group's template , but effect is still the same.

obraz.png

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Hi Amarok,

How are you spawning the group? Do you use the -s command or the -act command? If you use -s, make sure that you also add -kt and -op as parameters. Otherwise the tasking and route that you have set up for the group will be overridden on spawn.

Cheers

Cake

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/13/2021 at 3:41 AM, CakeSorbus said:

Hi Amarok,

How are you spawning the group? Do you use the -s command or the -act command? If you use -s, make sure that you also add -kt and -op as parameters. Otherwise the tasking and route that you have set up for the group will be overridden on spawn.

Cheers

Cake

Is this still being worked on? If not would you mind sharing how to find pylon attachments? I'm trying to add the AH-64D to the template 

14 hours ago, Hydro87_ said:

Is this still being worked on? If not would you mind sharing how to find pylon attachments? I'm trying to add the AH-64D to the template 

You can create a new mission, add a single apache somewhere in that mission, then select the loadout that you want. If you save that mission and open it with winrar or 7z, you'll find a file called "mission" if you open that file with a text editor and search for "AH-64D_BLK_II" and scroll down a bit you'll find it's payload.

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

On 3/18/2022 at 8:44 AM, Nick_17 said:

You can create a new mission, add a single apache somewhere in that mission, then select the loadout that you want. If you save that mission and open it with winrar or 7z, you'll find a file called "mission" if you open that file with a text editor and search for "AH-64D_BLK_II" and scroll down a bit you'll find it's payload.

Thanks for the tip i'll give it a try!

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, I want to say...  This is by far the best script in DCS for what we do at USLANTCOM.  Thank you for your time on it.  It's truly a revolution.

I have discovered a ctd situation and I wonder if it's repeatable by anyone.  If I put "-flag-1" into the field and send it w/ the 'x', I get a crash.  It's quite repeatable.  Can someone else try this?  I realize that it's not really listed as a valid command, but it's so close to an actual one you might use, I thought it might be helpful to bring it up.

1 hour ago, remus77 said:

First of all, I want to say...  This is by far the best script in DCS for what we do at USLANTCOM.  Thank you for your time on it.  It's truly a revolution.

I have discovered a ctd situation and I wonder if it's repeatable by anyone.  If I put "-flag-1" into the field and send it w/ the 'x', I get a crash.  It's quite repeatable.  Can someone else try this?  I realize that it's not really listed as a valid command, but it's so close to an actual one you might use, I thought it might be helpful to bring it up.

Jup, just tried that, got a ctd as well

Edited by Nick_17

1)  Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi D4 / i9 13900K @ 5,5 Ghz / Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 4090 / 2 x 4 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 2 x 1 TB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / Meta Quest Pro

2)  Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming / i9 10900K @ 4,9 Ghz / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3200 Mhz / Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090 / 1 TB SSD Samsung 870 Evo / 500 GB M.2 SSD Samsung 980 Pro / HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I don't seem to be able to control the speed of ground units when they are moving towards waypoints using the -WP command. Even when leaving the default speed of 20kph some units are speeding along at 30+ knots, while some tank units roll at 20kts. I've tried several numbers, 1, 10, 5 etc... none seem to affect the speed. I"m using the -wp-(unit name)-speed format but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

• 3 months later...

I cannot seem to be able to spawn CTLD groups and I am not sure why. I have CTLD configured and instantiated after moose is loaded and before the gamemaster functions and templates script. I try spawning a group with -ctldgr-blue-5-10, and have a group of 5 infantry configured in CTLD, but the marker just disappears and nothing spawns. I don't see any output in the dcs log either. Regular group template spawning works fine. But CTLD groups (and it seems also CTLD crates) do not. Is there any way I can figure out what is going wrong?

Edited by wazzerbosh

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Robles said:

CTD when loading script since DCS 2.8. Anyone else?

Yes, you have to add "["coldAtStart"] = false", to every ground vehicle in the Templates.lua to fix it.

like this:

["abrams"] = { ["visible"] = false,
                   ["tasks"] = {},
                   ["uncontrollable"] = false,
                   ["task"] = "Ground Nothing",
                   ["hidden"] = false,
                   ["units"] = {[1] = { ["type"] = "M-1 Abrams",
                                        ["transportable"] = { ["randomTransportable"] = false},
                                        ["skill"] = "Random",
                                        ["coldAtStart"] = false,
                                        ["y"] = 0,
                                        ["x"] = 0,
                                        ["name"] = "abrams",
                                        ["heading"] = 0,
                                        ["playerCanDrive"] = true } },
                   ["y"] = 0,
                   ["x"] = 0,
                   ["name"] = "abrams",
                   ["lateActivation"] = true },

Also some ship model names changed, so you have to change them as well if you load the ships.

You can use my version if you want, but i have been adding new units and mods to the templates over time.

Gamemaster_Templates.lua

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 1:35 PM, wazzerbosh said:

I cannot seem to be able to spawn CTLD groups and I am not sure why. I have CTLD configured and instantiated after moose is loaded and before the gamemaster functions and templates script. I try spawning a group with -ctldgr-blue-5-10, and have a group of 5 infantry configured in CTLD, but the marker just disappears and nothing spawns. I don't see any output in the dcs log either. Regular group template spawning works fine. But CTLD groups (and it seems also CTLD crates) do not. Is there any way I can figure out what is going wrong?

Does your issue still persist?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...