Enhanced Gamemaster Script: Zeus, but for DCS

CakeSorbus

PM Sent!

Hey, thanks for the scriptfile. I finally found the time to look at your additions.

Your approach is to use the marker commands to spawn the infantry groups and crates that are predefined in CTLD. Looking at this i had an idea for a different approach.

What if I could instead make CTLD recognize Groups that have been spawned with the "-s" command and the "-cargo" parameter?

After a bit of testing i got it working for ground units. You can now, for example, spawn an infantry group from Gamemaster_Templates and load it as an extractable group with CTLD. All you have to do is use the "-cargo" parameter in the "-s" command. It works for both infantry and vehicles.

With regards to crates I will probably just merge your method into my script.

I have also made progress on my own command to spawn static units. It is currently possible to spawn duplicates of statics that you have already set up in the mission at the map marker. You can also choose the country and heading of the new static.

I will send you the new version of my script shortly, maybe you can give it a test run with your squadron?

The "official" update will be out sometime this weekend, once i've found time to update the manuals.

Edited by Cake/Sorbus

• 2 weeks later...

This is something that should have been included in the basic ME from the start for us single player type people that enjoy the "Sandbox" type of enjoyment, thank you so much for sharing this.

Question: Using your template for spawning how does it determine which livery to use? is this selectable?

Question: I can't seem to make any helicopters land using the -lz command, is there more that needs to be set up before hand? using the ME path finding just makes them fly around in circles.

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Question: Using your template for spawning how does it determine which livery to use? is this selectable?

Question: I can't seem to make any helicopters land using the -lz command, is there more that needs to be set up before hand? using the ME path finding just makes them fly around in circles.

The liveries are not specified in the template file, thus the game falls back to the default livery for the combination of plane and country you are spawning. You can not select liveries on spawn. I could in theory implement a method for players to specify a livery as a parameter for the "-s" command, but this would require me to research the names of all liveries currently in the game and which aircraft they can be applied to.

I tested the "-lz" command again in MP and SP but it worked for me. You should not have to setup anything beforehand, just enter the command and give the name of the helicopter group as parameter. Did you maybe have a typo in the group name when you entered the command? That's the most common error with commands that are directed at groups.

Aha, a learning moment for myself: First as far as liveries, I found that by creating a late activation group and pre-selecting the liveries for that group will allow the mission creator to specify which livery is present on spawn. For example I created a 2 ship CH53E group, picked the livery for them, checked "late activation" and named the group "ch53". Upon using the "-s-ch53" command the group spawns as the two ship in the pre-designated livery. The idea of you trying to include every livery in game isn't feasible and I think this is the option that is best suited for what I was requiring.

Second I did get the -lz command to work finally, the error I was making was assuming the group name was kept as "ch53" when it actually was "ch53#001". Once I realized that every time I created that same group the #xxx would increase by one. As a side note to that, I created an Infantry group called "inf" and after designating them as cargo the name shows as "inf#001#CARGO" however when issuing them commands they simply use the name "inf#001" and the #CARGO is omitted.

Thanks for the quick reply and helping me figure this one out, amazingly useful mod.

1929541761_screengroup.thumb.png.b2e015eeea00a1aa46b7ba7f53f26dcc.png

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

Just started seeing some odd behavior when placing ground units. I will create a group of ground units, for example 4 T-72 tanks, I will name the group "T-72" and mark this as a late activation. When in game after I use the -s command to place them they will spawn but then immediately drive up right next to the #1 unit and then stop. I don't remember them doing this previously and I was hoping they would just stay in their initial spawn locations and not bunch up. If I issue them a -wp command they stay in the formation after stopping though, it's just the initial placement that they bunch up.

@monkie Tested this and can confirm your observations for OpenBeta, in Stable everything still works as intended. Guess they changed something about unit behaviour with the latest OB patch, maybe this is a consequence of the fix they did for the disembarking of units. I will try to find a workaround but can't make any promises.

Hello,

Is it in plan, or - if not - would it be possible, to add the message to the user executing command in the situation when template or group used in command is not created/not found?

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Hello,

Is it in plan, or - if not - would it be possible, to add the message to the user executing command in the situation when template or group used in command is not created/not found?

That would be included in the feedback system I have planned (see the section about planned features in my release post).

Due to a bug in the scripting engine it is currently not possible for the script to know which player issued a command. Any feedback messages would therefore have to be visible to all players on the server. The resulting loss of immersion is why I have decided not to implement this feature at this time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2020 at 10:46 PM, CakeSorbus said:

Hi lahsoldier,

and thanks for the feedback!

My script looks for hyphens in the marker text to separate the commands and different parameters from each other. Thats probably why the -act and -s commands didn't work for your group of T-90 which you named "T-90". The script thinks that the "T" and the "90" are different parameters because they have a hyphen between them. Try changing the group name to "T90" or "T_90" and see if it works then. You can also enable the option DebugMode in the config section of the script. This will give you status messages ingame that return to you how the script interpreted your command input (The messages are in german though, I didn't translate them). Note that these messages are shown to every player in the mission.

When developing the script I chose the hyphen as the separator for commands and parameters because it can be entered without using the shift key (i'm not capable of 10 finger typing, so i wanted to have a little more convenience). Maybe I will add an option to choose your own separator symbol in the config section of the script in a later release.

Hi thanks for the good work !

I suggest you try to use the slash caracter '/' as a separator : it will still be available without shift key and will be more "natural" as a parameter separator.

Regards,

Edited by sebastien.longooufy.net

• 1 month later...

Hey guys sorry if this has been asked already.  It works and I loaded the premade template script as well.  However I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to add single units from other sides.  I can get the default USA Aggressors to spawn, however thats it.  

I have tried the -s-RUSSIA-t55     and other variations and I cannot get them to spawn.  Any ideas ? i have also tried naming them  -s-tanks-RUSSIA-t55

Thanks

Shrike

Hey Shrike, from what I can see you have the order of the parameters mixed up.

Your entry: -s-RUSSIA-t55

How it should be: -s-t55-RUSSIA

Parameters that I flagged as optional (like the country) in the documentation can be entered in any order, but always BEHIND the mandatory parameters shown in orange!

Hey folks, just released Version 2.0 of Gamemaster_Templates.lua!

I broke the script down into smaller template tables, that can now be flagged individually for loading at mission start.

This allows mission designers to configure what templates from "Gamemaster_Templates.lua" they want to have available for spawning in their mission, instead of always having to load the whole template file.

The new version is attached to this post and also included in the download archive linked in my initial post.

Gamemaster_Templates.lua

Thank you for your great work CakeSorbus.  I just have a question.  One thing I would like when I'm in game is the ability to spawn a reaper to act as JTAC.  Is this something that can be done with Gamemaster and, if so, how would you do it?

Thanks

Edited by Mysty

Really love what you have here!!!!!

Using the current DCS Open Beta

Only thing I'm stuck on is spawning a squad of ground units.  Using your default Gamemaster_Templates.lua file and using this from the instructions

"Add squad behind group name to spawn a squad of four units"

Using the command -s-t55-squad only spawns a single ground unit. Also tried -s-t55squad and -s-t55squad.

please let me know what I'm missing please.

Edited by eric963
more info

12 hours ago, eric963 said:

Really love what you have here!!!!!

Using the current DCS Open Beta

Only thing I'm stuck on is spawning a squad of ground units.  Using your default Gamemaster_Templates.lua file and using this from the instructions

"Add squad behind group name to spawn a squad of four units"

Using the command -s-t55-squad only spawns a single ground unit. Also tried -s-t55squad and -s-t55squad.

please let me know what I'm missing please.

Ooof, thanks for pointing that out to me! Looks like I made a mistake when I I last updated the manual.

It should say "Add sqd behind group name to spawn to spawn a squad of four units".

The command should then look like this: -s-t55sqd

Note that there's no hyphen necessary between sqd and the group name.

I will rewrite the manual to be more precise as soon as possible.

14 hours ago, Mysty said:

Thank you for your great work CakeSorbus.  I just have a question.  One thing I would like when I'm in game is the ability to spawn a reaper to act as JTAC.  Is this something that can be done with Gamemaster and, if so, how would you do it?

Thanks

Hey Mysty,

there is no Reaper-Drone with a JTAC tasking included in Gamemaster_Templates, but you can still use Gamemaster_Functions to spawn one dynamically:

1. Set up the Reaper-Drone somewhere in your mission, make sure it has the FAC en route task on waypoint 0 and put it on late activation

2. Spawn the drone with the -s command and add -kt as a parameter, don't forget to use the right country name as parameter as well. The string you enter into the map marker should look like this:
       -s-"Name of the drone group"-USA-kt   This is of course assuming you want to spawn the drone as belonging to USA.

The drone should now spawn and be available as a JTAC

CakeSorbus, 

Thank you for your quick response concerning the JTAC.  I tried your suggestion and it works very well indeed.  Since I also utilize CTLD, and wanted to add 3 JTACs to autolase with different codes and smokes, I created three Reapers that I called jtac1, jtac2 and jtac3 respectively and included in the Advanced (Waypoints actions) the following:

Under "Perform Task", I added Orbit;

Under Perform Command, I added Run Script with the following: For the first JTAC: ctld.JTACAutoLase('jtac1#001', 1681, true,"all", 3), for the second JTAC: ctld.JTACAutoLase('jtac2#001', 1682, true,"all", 0) and for the third JTAC ctld.JTACAutoLase('jtac3#001', 1683, true,"all", 1);

Thanks again,

Edited by Mysty

2 hours ago, CakeSorbus said:

Ooof, thanks for pointing that out to me! Looks like I made a mistake when I I last updated the manual.

It should say "Add sqd behind group name to spawn to spawn a squad of four units".

The command should then look like this: -s-t55sqd

Note that there's no hyphen necessary between sqd and the group name.

I will rewrite the manual to be more precise as soon as possible.

Thanks for the quick response!! 

• 3 weeks later...

I'll admit I'm not a great coder, but I'm trying to work on extending your spawn function and waypoint order functions to account for tankers using the moose controllable wrapper that allows setting enroute task options on units.  (Which would allow tankers to be set to the enroute tanker task)

If I can get it working, I'll send you the code for inclusion if you'd like.