"Pure Client Required" ERROR in MP

It has been a LONG time since I flew DCS.

I had Win10 completely reinstalled in December and have since installed DCS World Open Beta and kept it up to date with Updates.

However, I have not flown since reinstalling it (9 months).

I jumped in today to start getting things set up again and I cannot join any servers.

I have deleted fxo and a couple other folders which helped for a minute but then when getting into a Server, SRS starts up and then I get booted from the Server back to DCS GUI.

Then if I go back into the server without SRS I get the same Error again "Pure Client Required".

Then it tells me a different set of files aren't compatible OR something like that.

It seems like a silly issue to get from a Complete Fresh Install with ALL Updates and having run Repair Multiple Times. There has to be a reasonable solution to prevent this issue.

I do NOT have any Mods. Only Stock DCS OB with Updates.

PLEASE ... Someone tell me how to resolve this issue once and for all.

SnowTiger:joystick:

It has been a LONG time since I flew DCS.

I had Win10 completely reinstalled in December and have since installed DCS World Open Beta and kept it up to date with Updates.

However, I have not flown since reinstalling it (9 months).

I jumped in today to start getting things set up again and I cannot join any servers.

I have deleted fxo and a couple other folders which helped for a minute but then when getting into a Server, SRS starts up and then I get booted from the Server back to DCS GUI.

Then if I go back into the server without SRS I get the same Error again "Pure Client Required".

Then it tells me a different set of files aren't compatible OR something like that.

It seems like a silly issue to get from a Complete Fresh Install with ALL Updates and having run Repair Multiple Times. There has to be a reasonable solution to prevent this issue.

I do NOT have any Mods. Only Stock DCS OB with Updates.

PLEASE ... Someone tell me how to resolve this issue once and for all.

From the top of my head mods comes to mind of course, but you say haven't any. Maybe something got corrupted. So, just in case. Try a repair with "delete files"?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I have already done that ... a few times.

Of all that I have done (deleting specific files/folders and run Repair), it gets rid of the Red Integrity Check Shield turning it Green .... until I get into the server then when SRS starts I get dumped back to DCS Server List either with the same error (and Red Shield) or I get the error on the very next attempt to get back into the server again.

...Then it tells me a different set of files aren't compatible OR something like that...
What are those files?

Could you provide a list or a screenshot?

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Did you try to run DCS Updater Utility and run a clean operation. All not pure data will be listed and it will offer you to move them to a backup folder.

A nice Repair afterwards is always good :)

If this doesnt work:

Since Mods are mostly installed into your "C:\User\your Username\Saved Games\DCS OpenBeta\..." try to clean this one as well. Easierst solution: Rename the whole folder and copy over input configuration.

Setup your graphics setting and you should be good to go.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

UPDATE:

I have checked to make sure my Antivirus (AVG) is not interfering and in fact is "ignoring" anything to do with DCS.

I do NOT have ANY Mods. It is a clean install of DCS on a clean install of Win10.

I have run Repair after each Update and several times since trying to resolve this issue.

Even after ensuring AVG ignores DCS, the problem remains in MP.

The files removed were the FXO folder and metashaders and one other. Then Repair was run. That enabled me to get to the point where you select the aircraft you want to fly (in a MP Server) until SRS starts then I'd be kicked to DCS GUI.

I have no experience with Log Files.

2020-09-07 18:33:39.488 WARNING SECURITYCONTROL: IC fail: models/fa-18c_lod4.edm @ coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes
2020-09-07 18:33:39.488 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for resource 'models/fa-18c_lod4.edm'
2020-09-07 18:33:44.257 WARNING SECURITYCONTROL: IC fail: models/nimitz_cvn_73_lod_1.edm @ coremods/tech/uss_nimitz/shapes
2020-09-07 18:33:44.257 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for resource 'models/nimitz_cvn_73_lod_1.edm'
2020-09-07 18:33:44.820 WARNING SECURITYCONTROL: IC fail: models/nimitz_cvn_71_lod_1.edm @ coremods/tech/uss_nimitz/shapes
2020-09-07 18:33:44.821 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for resource 'models/nimitz_cvn_71_lod_1.edm'

Looks like you have some modded/invalid model files.

There is also a script error from an invalid file:

2020-09-07 18:35:41.468 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error onGameEvent:[string "./MissionEditor/modules/mul_chat.lua"]:705: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

You might try to do a repair again.

Edited by Chump

^^ ... question is if the repair is actually detecting this, if he done it 10 times already then it's pointless, I think someone should send him the file manually.

2020-09-07 18:33:39.488 WARNING SECURITYCONTROL: IC fail: models/fa-18c_lod4.edm @ coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes

2020-09-07 18:33:39.488 ERROR SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest check failed for resource 'models/fa-18c_lod4.edm'

2020-09-07 18:33:40.343 INFO NET: disconnected: 103 Pure client models are required

2020-09-07 18:33:40.348 INFO NET: disconnected from server

Open these files with HEX editor, the contents should be random, but if the content is all "NULNULNUL" that may indicate storage disk corruption, at least that what I experienced on a SSD with a failing Sata port on the motherboard.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

I'm sorry to say I don't know what a HEX Editor is.

But I'd sure love to figure out how to resolve this and at least a couple of you seem to be on the right track (at least able to identify some of the issues).

I've been with DCS for years but have never gotten into the coding and script stuff. It's out of my league of experience.

But if someone can provide simple, easy to understand instructions I'll do whatever I have to do.

In the meantime, I agree that continuing to Repair without changing something is likely doomed to fail .. again.

However, if there is a file or files and/or a Folder that I should try deleting to see if a Repair might clean it up with proper files, I'm willing to give it a go.

Any advice and help at this point is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Why ? Does it appear the problems are (at least in part) coming from the F-18 ?

I have yet to sit in the F-18 or F-16.

I'll gladly uninstall or delete whatever I have to ... as long as we aren't talking about a complete reinstall yet. That takes DAYS for me to do where I am.

Why ? Does it appear the problems are (at least in part) coming from the F-18 ?

I have yet to sit in the F-18 or F-16.

I'll gladly uninstall or delete whatever I have to ... as long as we aren't talking about a complete reinstall yet. That takes DAYS for me to do where I am.

Ah! My bad. I read the log incorrect. I read mods and not coremods. But hmmm.... If delete the files folders, I wonder what a repair does. Will it pull new files down?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

@SnowTiger, delete these files from your system:

<DCS Directory>/coremods/aircraft/fa-18c/shapes/fa-18c_lod4.edm
<DCS Directory>/coremods/tech/uss_nimitz/shapes/nimitz_cvn_73_lod_1.edm
<DCS Directory>/coremods/tech/uss_nimitz/shapes/nimitz_cvn_71_lod_1.edm
<DCS Directory>/MissionEditor/modules/mul_chat.lua

Then run a repair (DCS_Updater.exe repair) again. I would suggest that you upload your <DCS Directory>/autoupdate_log.txt next if you are still having issues. This will tell us if the repair actually detected and downloaded the deleted files.

Hi Chump

A while ago I deleted the F-18, ran a repair and tried again ... same thing.

I reinstalled the F-18 and tried again ... same thing.

I also noticed that my Tacview was out-of-date, so I updated that as well. Still not improvement.

However, I deleted the precise files you suggested, ran a Repair and WAS ABLE to get into a Server. Being almost 3am here, I didn't actually try flying.

I will give it a shot in a couple different MP Servers in the morning and follow up with an Update.

But so far it looks like this nightmare might well be resolved. I'm certainly further along now that I was yesterday so that's a really good thing.

SO thank you kindly for that. I'll let you know in the morning if the matter is permanently resolved.

Until then ... merci.

If the issues reappear, I might check out Worrazen's input again:

...that may indicate storage disk corruption, at least that what I experienced on a SSD with a failing Sata port on the motherboard.

Might not be a defective SATA Port, maybe just an failing SSD?

Do you have DCS Installed on an SSD? How old is that SSD?

I had an early model SSD failing on my machine couple years ago and i was getting corrupt data randomly.

If its a Samsung SSD, download Samsung Magician and check your drive.

If there are any pointers to this... get a new drive. When a drive starts failing, it will continue to fail until you loose other important data.

But I hope your issue was resolved already;)

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

I get this message when i put my pc on sleep and after that i use DCS, or after having used my pc for long hours before (perhaps some program that i have running is interfering with the game?).

For me the solution is simple and works 100% - complete pc reboot, nothing else required. But as you have said, you already have done that so i really don't know.

I'll check things out to see how and if they are working after I get some coffee in me.

In the mean time, I thought I would add the following in response to a couple suggestions.

First of all, I don't use Sleep or Hybernate or Screen Savers .... EVER.

I do have a 3 platter drives for Data Only and an SSD that I did have DCS installed on for about 1 year (no issues).

This current installation of Win10 and DCS is on a new, 1TB M2 Drive that is only 1 year old at most.

I'll let you know how it's working by Noon Today (EST).

Okay ... It looks like I'm back in business.

I should also note that I also updated Tacview which was out of date and mentioned in one of the Log files.

I also turned a bunch of other Modules back ON that I previously turned off trying to diagnose this problem. This had no further adverse effect.

So thank you to everyone who replied (and didn't rip my head off).

@Chump - Thank you kindly. It appears the advice you gave was the info I needed to get this working again. I am truly grateful. Thanks for everything.

And thanks again to everyone to offered help.