Razbam/ED please clarify - Is the Harrier out of EA and consequently complete?

viper2097

Hey guys, I took the time to read the whole thread. Wow.

As the manual and my (nick)name has been mentioned several times, please let me comment on that. The lack of full manual to date is on me: I agreed to write one and am doing so. However, when covid struck and I was stuck at home for several months, I was simply unable to work on it with three small kids, normal daily job and other DCS commitments. Nevertheless, if anyone is to be blamed for lack of full manual, it is me.

Having said that, I am working on it, going step by step and I assure you that I will report all the issues I may find along the way to RAZBAM (both missing features and things that don’t work as they should). I was promised these all will be looked at and taken care of.

To my mind the training missions may be treated as temporary substitute to the manual (especially it you look at the documentation provided there) - at least until I finish writing it. Mind you, Harrier is a very complex aircraft (much more than, say, M-2K) and requires a lot more attention when preparing the text.

Oh, and someone mentioned the campaign. I am finishing the free, 5 mission one as we speak. Couldn’t have done it before due to some bugs with the AI behaviour on Tarawa, which has recently been fixed by ED. So we’re back on track there too :)

it is very honorable that you are defending your contractor and we can all be very grateful for your content, but this is not about why the manual is not there, but amongst other things, why the module could go out of early access without the manual.I also don't like the fact that your problem with covid is being used as an excuse. If someone falls out due to illness or other reasons you have to find another way to do it, or delay it or whatever...

Hope that covid thing didn't hit you too hard.

Edited by Cornelius

it is very honorable that you are defending your contractor and we can all be very grateful for your content, but this is not about why the manual is not there, but amongst other things, why the module could go into early access without the manual.I also don't like the fact that your problem with covid is being used as an excuse. If someone falls out due to illness or other reasons you have to find another way to do it, or delay it or whatever...

Hope that covid thing didn't hit you too hard.

Thanks, I wasn’t sick or anything, I was just stuck at home and unable to work on the manual. I am not going to comment on the EA thing, because I am not positioned to do so. I just thought that you guys deserved explanation why the manual is not ready yet and an apology that it isn’t. And I am not using covid as an excuse, just stating bare facts why I did not deliver the manual yet.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

OK, unfortunately this was completely predictable.

Read this thread:

[thread=285562]Right MPCD SYS Rocker Switch Does Nothing[/thread]

How is anyone going to be able to untangle this steaming pile of spaghetti if no one has any idea as to what anything is supposed to do.

So I'm fit to be tied. ED, your plan to screen the bugs for presentation to Razbam on a silver platter is ludicrous. How in the world do you can present a Gripe to the manufacturer hasn't even provided you with the information to base your Gripe on.

So how am I supposed to answer tea_cipher? I don't have any info other past experience with real Harriers( witch is limited), but my gripe makes sense to me.

What is tea_cipher basing his assumption on? And if the Brightness knob controls the back lighting? Why doesn't it?

Read this thread:

[threadt=285568]Right MPCD ON/OFF/Brightness Knob Does Not Brighten or Dim the the MPCD Back lighting.[/thread]

You tell me what document do we use. This air frame is so old there was never a digital library in the fleet to reference. Any reference to it is a fantasy.

I didn't sign on to design this thing but that's what it looks like I'm being asked to do. If that's the case I voting for DCS to take over the project and Kick Razbam off DCS World.

I know I need to calm down, but you weren't told to "Be patient. We're Communicating, Give us a chance". I don't think you have any idea of the scope of this mess and without that how are you going to negotiate with Ron, to get it fixed?

If you want pm me about that ludicrously long list I posted please do.

But for Christs sake, stop making arrangements with architect of this disaster until you have the baseline documentation in hand.

Will that slow the progress? Yeah, but we've been waiting three years, I'd like think I'm going to end up with an ED Study Sim. Not some cobbled up piece of junk!

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• ED Team

SGT Coyle, teacypher is asking for more information so he can report it, stop trying to make drama where there is none.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks, I wasn’t sick or anything, I was just stuck at home and unable to work on the manual. I am not going to comment on the EA thing, because I am not positioned to do so. I just thought that you guys deserved explanation why the manual is not ready yet and an apology that it isn’t. And I am not using covid as an excuse, just stating bare facts why I did not deliver the manual yet.

I have never accused you of using covid as an excuse.

As the manual and my (nick)name has been mentioned several times, please let me comment on that. The lack of full manual to date is on me: I agreed to write one and am doing so. However, when covid struck and I was stuck at home for several months, I was simply unable to work on it with three small kids, normal daily job and other DCS commitments. Nevertheless, if anyone is to be blamed for lack of full manual, it is me.

Can I just say, that its not on you!

With you writing the manual, we're all confident it will be superb...your work is always of fantastic quality!

Similarly delays CAN happen - especially in these unprecedented times...most of us have expreienced disruption to our work & project schedules...that's not unexpected.

Peoples only beef was that it was taken out of EA...even though the manual wasn't available (for good reasons) logic should have dictated...manual essential for a module to be considered "complete"...no manual...module still in EA status until manual published.

Airbag_signatur.png

SGT Coyle, teacypher is asking for more information so he can report it, stop trying to make drama where there is none.

Where am I supposed to get that info? Pull it out of my but? I can do that. I'l just answer him with "Your wrong. Do it my way."

Is that the how we do it? Really.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• ED Team
Where am I supposed to get that info? Pull it out of my but? I can do that. I'l just answer him with "Your wrong. Do it my way."

Is that the how we do it? Really.

If you don't know the answer that is fine, bringing it up here is not needed.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That is nothing more then a cheap excuse.

Was HB waiting with the AIM-54 on you?

Was Deka waiting with all their weapons on you?

Deka has terminal guidance in the Jeff, why is it missing in the Harrier? Oh, yes, once again, its ED's fault...

ED showed a GBU-32 about 2 years ago so yeah it makes sense for them to not do double work and just wait for ED to eventually add it (would be nice to see it soon ED). And as for the GBU-54 it would require ED to update the Laser Seeker and GPS logic in DCS due to the way the GBU-54 operates. So no it is not a cheap excuse it makes perfect sense. Again why waste time on something that is being made by the main game company already that you can then easily include....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
ED showed a GBU-32 about 2 years ago so yeah it makes sense for them to not do double work and just wait for ED to eventually add it (would be nice to see it soon ED). And as for the GBU-54 it would require ED to update the Laser Seeker and GPS logic in DCS due to the way the GBU-54 operates. So no it is not a cheap excuse it makes perfect sense. Again why waste time on something that is being made by the main game company already that you can then easily include....

Correct, RAZBAM will be waiting for us to complete work on these weapons

Maybe my attempt to illustrate the folly of ED response here was poor.

I'm concerned that Razbam, when confronted with an avalanche of gripes, will understandably refute and refuse to fix gripes Ed can not back up with documentation.

Isn't that a legitimate concern?

Edited by SGT Coyle

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

• ED Team
Maybe my attempt to illustrate the folly of ED response here was poor.

I'm concerned that Razbam, when confronted with an avalanche of gripes, will understandably refute and refuse to fix gripes Ed can not back up with documentation.

Isn't that a legitimate concern?

We know your concerns you have made it very clear already, we have passed on the feedback.

The tester asked for more information, you do not have it, a simple reply to him in the thread would have been enough.

Thanks

The problem is, there is no time limit for a module to be EA.

Harrier have been unfinish for years and now they are working on other aircraft.

Can't ED impose a 2 year or so limit for a module to be out of the EA (with all the features working) ?

Edited by peeter

I don’t really know how to report this. The HUD symbology for AGM-122 is not working properly.

It locks below the target. Not only that, but according to NATOPS there are distinct behaviours and change of seekerhead movements and symbology not implemented. All we have is a static crosshair texture that resembles one of the example pictures in NATOPS. So in this case the system has a bug but is also under-modeled.

How do we deal with these type of issues without getting into trouble for posting documentation that may or may not be posted on the forums?

Ok, I may understand some of the issues: the manual is not ready we know why, some improvements need ED to update things first. Then why removing the early access label? I can wait even 5 years in EA, but at the end I need to have a study level module. I do not own any of the razbam modules but I was interested in the av-8b; now I am no more: that's not the kind of quality I expect in a DCS full module. Or maybe do they need to push the harrier out of EA so that they can start working on the strike eagle and "fulfill" their promises (no new modules until the old ones are finished)? Ccà nisciuno è fesso.

I think that's a sure bet. Probably they need to release a new module every two years to survive as a company. I doubt Razbam will ever finish something as complex as the F-15E to a true study sim level most here expect. Hopefully they will change their marketing strategy and make less bold claims before it will be declared "finished".

The longer Razbam refuses to come in here and talk to us like an adult would, the worse their reputation gets (if that's even possible at this point).

Dude I feel your pain, but what could they say to sooth your ruffled feathers?

Not making light of your ruffled feathers. I have them too. I think the majority of folks here have them to some extent, but what I've read on their discord. They have little regard for you as a customer. And their employees have little regard for ED. Again, from what I've read and the interview, that's the perception I get. And it makes me uncomfortable.

I'm not ever going to engage in Razbam EA. If I see good reviews from my trusted sources, I might buy a finished product.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Dude I feel your pain, but what could they say to sooth your ruffled feathers?

WE'll put it back into EA status to reflect its current state and demonstrate we are commited to significant development resources being allocated to the AV8B II.

We are releasing the Manual xxx, we are adding the campaign yyy, critical issues brought up in the COmmunity Bug Tracker are being investigated and we hope to release ongoing fixes monthly as they are completed with each ED update with a view to brining it out of EA at the earliest possible time"

Its not rocket science is it?

Airbag_signatur.png