Start "parking hot" problem in MP

lanmancz

Hello,

I have a little issue with the new supercarrier in multiplayer - does the deck need to be entirely clear to spawn multiple people in parking spots ? My issue is that it spawns the first person in parking spot but the 2nd person starts always right on the catapult even though both have set "takeoff from parking hot", why is that happening pls ? As you can see from my attachment picture I put some static aircraft to the parking spots at the back of the ship but the entire front section is empty. I'd like us both to start from the parking hot and taxi to the catapult, etc. to enjoy the new crew but as I mentioned it puts the 2nd person straight on the catapult, even if they respawn and the deck is empty. Any ideas pls ?

edit: Ideally I'd like to be able to select a parking spot for each aircraft just like I can on airfields. Unfortunately this option is not present on the carrier. But it would be ideal because I'd then be able to fill the rest of the spots with static aircraft to have a nice populated deck.

car2.thumb.JPG.7080f0f5a3f3e0161c22c2b6463ba699.JPG

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

pretty sure it's a bug

After further testing yesterday I'm pretty sure this is a bug - it even spawns the 2nd person on the catapult with wings folded (as it should with "parking hot" start), which should not happen when starting directly at catapult. Anyway, mission attached, if you'd like to test it with another person.

PS: The issue happens on respawn. I think on the initial spawn it's as expected and spawns both in parking spots. On respawn though it does not and always spawns the 2nd person right on the catapult with wings folded.

Multi - Practise 02.miz

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

• 3 weeks later...

On since the patch before today's patch I have seen a change in the spawning too, my discovery is that now you can't have any statics on the starboard elevators otherwise my players get a delayed start. The rear port elevator doesn't seem to play into it. So now I don't put any statics on the elevators or anywhere forward of the main tower. Since doing that no more spawning issues.

Hopefully will get fixed with future Supercarrier Updates

lanmansc,

This has always been an issue with me also . . . I like to start in my Hornet on the side of the ship, not sticking out in the middle of the deck behind CAT #1.

If you run your mission, select Colt 01, then go ESC Select Role and select Colt 02, he will always start on the side of the ship, you can go back to Select Role and select Colt 01 again, and it's on the side of the ship. The first aircraft selected somehow gets thrown out there in the middle of the deck. The second aircraft doesn't.

Here is my work around . . I always would start my missions with the first Hornet that appears in the opening of the mission. I make it a LATE ACTIVATION. See my trigger, it's for a single second. You start on the side of the ship. Select Role and then choose Colt 02 and he is were you want him.

Should work the same in multi player. Hope this helps you out. . . I'm sure ED will fix this in the future.

Chopper

Check out my latest Hornet mission, I used it in this mission.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=Chopper+A-10&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Multi - Practise 02 Chopper .miz

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |