No Super Carrier?

jcagle

Hello,

I pre-ordered the Super Carrier and installed it close to the initial release, but life events meant that I have not had a chance to fly until today. However, for some reason the carrier appears to be absent from the simulator. Whenever I start a flight, the carrier and any associated deck aircraft are simply not there. Usually all I find is some poor SH-60 flying by itself in the middle of the ocean.

Here are a few things I have tried:

- From DCS installer, update to latest Beta and run a repair install

- From DCS module manager, delete and then re-install Supercarrier

- Load an Instant Action (x3 files)

- Use mission editor to create a flight. CVN-71 is a unit to add, but things like 'TACAN' are missing are not auto-generated and are missing from the options. It is also completely absent from the map when I load.

- When I look in my main DCS directory, the is a Supercarrier directory in DCS World/Mods/Tech/Supercarrier.

The Supercarrier directory has 51 files and is 295 MB in size, which seems a little light for an add-on of this complexity.

E.g. The CVN-74 directory in CoreMods has 50 files and is 285 MB in size.

Help would be appreciated

CVN-71.thumb.png.df3de03ed9919f0151275070f619e71a.png

Edited by jcagle

Most of the files are stored in CoreMods/Tech/USS_Nimitz which is 2.64GB and 738 files.

I assume you have uninstalled any mods you may have. And just to clarify, you can place it and modify it in the mission editor, but the actual 3d model doesnt appear ingame?

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Update, it was the Navy Equipment mod.....I should have known better. :balloon:

Thanks for sharing the cause :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB