T1_Center: NAV mode will not return to initial mfd pages state layout

Teschmacher

When you start the aircraft from cold and dark state and press for the first time T1_Center to set it to NAV mode it does automatically set the mfd configuratioon to: EFIS on the left mfd, rdr on the center and HSD on the right

while still being in NAV mode, by fiddling around on any of the mfd , changing pages to else and then pressing again T1_Center: NAV mode , it won't change back too the initial mfd pages configuration as described above, you will have to press the buttons mfd by yourself to set the pages as they were initially in NAV mode. is this normal?

i thought the NAV mode was some sort of convenience "shortcut" to recall the mfd pages when pressed, same appplies to A/G and BVR modes.

btw, it comes to the mind to have some "custom" mfd modes configuration feature :smilewink:

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

When you start the aircraft from cold and dark state and press for the first time T1_Center to set it to NAV mode it does automatically set the mfd configuratioon to: EFIS on the left mfd, rdr on the center and HSD on the right

while still being in NAV mode, by fiddling around on any of the mfd , changing pages to else and then pressing again T1_Center: NAV mode , it won't change back too the initial mfd pages configuration as described above, you will have to press the buttons mfd by yourself to set the pages as they were initially in NAV mode. is this normal?

i thought the NAV mode was some sort of convenience "shortcut" to recall the mfd pages when pressed, same appplies to A/G and BVR modes.

btw, it comes to the mind to have some "custom" mfd modes configuration feature :smilewink:

If you press the NAV mode, it will set the NAVIGATION layout for the pages, if you change them, it will be saved as that in the memory of the plane, so, if you change to AG or AA, it will set the AG or AA layout, BUT, if you press again NAV, it will have the same pages you had before pressing AG or AA modes.

If you want to reset the pages for a certain mode, you need to press S1_PRESS. And everything will be back to default.

As for the custom mfd, I think each time the plane turns off it resets the pages to default, but anyway, it could be a good idea anyway!

If you want to reset the pages for a certain mode, you need to press S1_PRESS. And everything will be back to default.

ok! that worked, i just got confused and was not sure what S1_press is doing

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

Glacier;4480962']>If you press the NAV mode, it will set the NAVIGATION layout for the pages, if you change them, it will be saved as that in the memory of the plane...

Do you know if that statement is also true for AG and AA modes?

Yes, is true for every mode.