[CORRECT AS IS]TAD BULL/CURS readout

Kid18120

Hi,

i've come across a bug with the TAD.

If you set the BULL/CURS mode, it should show the bullseye readout of whatever place you have the cursor on (not necessarily a steer/mark/mission point but also just the map itself). It doesn't.

The one workaround i found is to set the BULL/CURS mode, then "lock" yourself with TMS UP on the TAD and only then you'll be able to get the BE readout.

I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug as i couldn't find any details on how the TAD should work on manuals i have access to.

Thanks

1528329039_WhatsAppImage2020-09-08at13_24_45.jpeg.216f2fb8954c403d905bcc7f80a40cec.jpeg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

The ED manual says ( page 308 ):

"Hook Mode (TAG: OWN, BULL, or CURS), rotary OSB 18. This OSB function is only displayed when you have hooked a TAD symbol with the cursor. TAD symbols can include the SPI, TGP diamond, waypoint/steerpoint, or bullseye. When a symbol is hooked, the SPI symbol is placed over it and a dashed, yellow line leads from the SPI symbol to the rotary selection."

Someone could help and clarify if is it to intend as a bug or is the normal behaviour ?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

If you are just trying to get a bearing and range of your location to bullseye, you can press the anchor button, which would be above the TISL in the variant of A10C that you are referencing (I fly the 'II' exclusively now), and it will display the bearing and range on the right side of the HUD.

Another member above has highlighted an excerpt from the manual that does properly explain using the TAD for what you are requesting as well.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• ED Team

As far as I can see this is working as intended, you need to hook the symbol with the cursor.

If you think there is a bug please include a short track replay.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2