The quiet is deafening!

gdotts

I have been looking for the contact info to follow them on FB, but havnt found any yet, can you please share that info? Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I have been looking for the contact info to follow them on FB, but havnt found any yet, can you please share that info?

https://www.facebook.com/PolychopSimulations

... but there's more informal chat on progress on their discord.

Fury0 ,2/09/2020

An updated video showing the KW progress would be awesome and very much appreciated.

Polychop Dan (DrummerNL), 02/09/2020

We’ll look in to it but as we are very much focused on tuning the flight model right now, it is hard to actually “show” the progress, it is something you really have to feel. When we get back on the systems side of things it will be more interesting for viewers.

Discord link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=203749

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thank you sir!

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Just trying to help here and perhaps unnecessary to say as they might already do this, but I'd strongly advise Polychop not to forget to regularly check and post news updates on this forum as well.

Many of us (me included) expect this forum to be the place to check for news updates.

(might want to check out all the drama that happened over at the Razbam sub-forum. "prevention is better than cure")

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Just trying to help here and perhaps unnecessary to say as they might already do this, but I'd strongly advise Polychop not to forget to regularly check and post news updates on this forum as well.

Many of us (me included) expect this forum to be the place to check for news updates.

(might want to check out all the drama that happened over at the Razbam sub-forum. "prevention is better than cure")

Hi Sirrah,

We're around, answering questions and making statements a lot on here, discord and facebook equally. Maybe a bit more on various discords than on forums because there is more direct interaction in a real time chat so follow-up questions get answered almost immediatly.

We're at a point in the development process where we're working solely on the flight model which is very important, in fact our highest priority, but is not something you can really show but have to feel. As quoted by Ramsay in this very thread. It's a tedious process of disabling parts of the flight model just to focus exclusively on certain aspects and test and adjust very specific values. Right now we're focused on ETL values and behaviour for example. When we get back to the systems side of things it will generate more news worthy subjects.

Edited by Polychop Simulations

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Due to some core engine changes in the way indicators and multi function display symbology are handled within DCS World we suffered a massive setback in both the development of the Kiowa Warrior and the Gazelle. We're working hard to figure out what exactly is causing the issues and how to adapt.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Due to some core engine changes in the way indicators and multi function display symbology are handled within DCS World we suffered a massive setback in both the development of the Kiowa Warrior and the Gazelle. We're working hard to figure out what exactly is causing the issues and how to adapt.

Thanks for that forward, Mower!

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

• 2 weeks later...

I don't blame Polychop after the massive blasting a lot of people handed them for not really wanting to give news of any kind. Everyday I check the forum and discord but Kiowa is flying under the radar. Hope to hear from them and wishing them the best!

I would prefer something almost finished like the Viggen, the F14 and the JF17 instead of a piece of crap like the M2K was at release. Just be patient.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

Completely agree, let PC work and make this as polished as possible before release. I am happy to wait if it means a quality product is coming out from the start. Not every team is huge and has dedicated CMs ; I’d rather they concentrate on making the best possible product if they have to chose between that and engaging with people here on a daily basis. besides we do get a sweet pic every week...

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I do not mind a 2021 release as long as the hind comes this year.

Each and every chopper in DCS world is schooled total and proper by me.

A little time in between releases is no bad thing

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I do not mind a 2021 release as long as the hind comes this year.

Each and every chopper in DCS world is schooled total and proper by me.

A little time in between releases is no bad thing

Simon Pearson (ED business dev. director) confirmed the Hind was a Q1 2021 release in a recent interview, based on latest info of course so subject to change. I also hope both come a separate intervals so I have time to learn one before the other comes...

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

Simon Pearson (ED business dev. director) confirmed the Hind was a Q1 2021 release in a recent interview, based on latest info of course so subject to change. I also hope both come a separate intervals so I have time to learn one before the other comes...

EEEeeeeewwww, a Hind 2021 release date is so upsetting.

What is a chopper pilot to do over Christmas?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.