The quiet is deafening!

gdotts

18 hours ago, Mower said:

Say Mars I dont why you spent so much time on your rant

I spent about three to five minutes, and that's not a rant.

but as an FYI I have never been moderated on Discord

So then what are you griping about exactly, ''unaccountable faceless'' people ''telling you how to think''? If you HAVEN'T been moderated, I'd say you said something and somebody disagreed? That happens sometimes when around people, they don't necessarily all fall in line. 

and I am hardly a Douche online

You gave the impression you were catching flak from people in comms for things you said. As coarse as *I* sometimes can be, even *I* basically get along well(ish) with everyone most the time, so I can only infer from THAT if somebody is having consistent issues with people, they must be directly contributing to the thing they're complaining about.

• Like 2

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

1 hour ago, wackomedic911 said:

So, is this Kiowa still a thing, or has the plug been pulled?
No screenshots, no communication... nada
LOL, is it only coming AFTER the B105 now?

At this point I think general consensus is that some RL shit came up for the small dev team and things are being delayed.  "We" still don't know if it's gone to Bell yet.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, skins45 said:

At this point I think general consensus is that some RL shit came up for the small dev team and things are being delayed.  "We" still don't know if it's gone to Bell yet.

COVID, personal circumstances, final school exams are some of the reason I have seen passing by in Discord. They have been tweaking the FM last week so no the plug has not been pulled.

Edited by ArjenHVA
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, skins45 said:

Imagine, a dev that communicates with potential customers waiting to support them by spending their money......... only in a ideal world I guess.

• Like 5

How ever long it takes to get spot on.

I am looking forward to it.

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 2

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

based on various rather short and almost rude responses on PC's discord, the current excuse is this:
Covid and personal life are getting in the way of development.
PC have also stopped sharing screenshots, and my guess is Dev updates, due to the negative community response.

In short, i am not holding my breath, and this kind of behavior and interaction with potential paying customers leave a very bad taste in my mouth, all to reminiscent of the VAEO hawk situation.

I will think twice before supporting PC.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, wackomedic911 said:

based on various rather short and almost rude responses on PC's discord

Honestly, given the Discord responses coupled with some of the Facebook replies I would remove the "almost" from that statement. When speaking from an official account to a potential customer base, the bar for "rude" is drastically lowered. It may not be fair, but thems the breaks. It's really too too bad its gotten this far, if only there had been two other different third party developers that had this same communication/responsibility to the customer base issue to varying degrees, with drastically different outcomes PC could have looked to and learned from (*cough VEAO *cough cough* Heatblur) and wholly avoided this situation to begin with.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, wackomedic911 said:

based on various rather short and almost rude responses on PC's discord, the current excuse is this:
Covid and personal life are getting in the way of development.
PC have also stopped sharing screenshots, and my guess is Dev updates, due to the negative community response.

In short, i am not holding my breath, and this kind of behavior and interaction with potential paying customers leave a very bad taste in my mouth, all to reminiscent of the VAEO hawk situation.

I will think twice before supporting PC.

Hmm.

So if someone's parent is dying, in pain, you don't care? "Get back in the cellar, get some work done"?? Or marriage falling appart? Or loss of career? stress at a tough university program? These things are HUGE in someone's life...  just overpowers things like side projects, careers, and even one's health. Don't underestimate the power of "personal life", it can often claim another life through self-harm, self-deletion.  

But I'm sure community reluctance to support PC will inspire them to push through and finish the Kiowa. {/SARC}

I'm sure that community toxic behavior towards dev teams couldn't possibly have unintended consequences! 

Edited by Rick50
  • Like 12

Look at Ricky going knight in shining armor.
Lets be clear, the personal life aspect reported on was stated to be school exams.
Can you get back in your box and calm down now please kind sir?

But boy I am sure you are glad you told me huh? big boy.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Hi all, 

when the team are ready they will share news. 

This thread is done. 

thanks

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2