Infantry rearm

JimEb58

Trying to set up a scenario where an Embassy gets attacked by waves of enemy. I set the embassy guards to immortal with my intention of setting the ambiance of sustained gun battles while helicopters perform evacuations.

In short order they stop shooting and then take it upon themselves to battle the remaining enemy in a perpetual staring contest. I assume they expended their ammo yet refuse to reload despite being about 50 ft from an M818 and 200 ft from a FARP ammo storage.

Any special parameters/magic I need to convince these guys to stay in the fight?

Well, one workaround may be to spawn an initial group, get an average on how much time it takes for them to run out of ammo, then use a scheduler to destroy the initial group you spawned and replace them with a new group in the same positions. It's all smoke and mirrors...... Sometimes it's easier to create an illusion of something happening in DCS than it is to actually use the mechanics we have available to us.

Give them a ammo truck:

RED: URAL-375, KAMAZ-43101, GAZ-66, and GAZ-3308

BLUE: M-818

Or place the infantry/sam/AAA/Vehicle in the influence area of the truck. On the editor map you can see a cirle around the truck, anything in the circle will get rearmed. The bigger the weapon, the longer it takes to rearm.

Give them a ammo truck:

RED: URAL-375, KAMAZ-43101, GAZ-66, and GAZ-3308

BLUE: M-818

Or place the infantry/sam/AAA/Vehicle in the influence area of the truck. On the editor map you can see a cirle around the truck, anything in the circle will get rearmed. The bigger the weapon, the longer it takes to rearm.

That's what I did at first, but they didn't seem to acknowledge it's existance...was wondering if I needed to set some parameter for that to work. Anyway I gave up on that and followed Zlin's suggestion. Turned "immortal" off, let the good guys get killed off too and spawn in new (fully loaded) replacements.

That's what I did at first, but they didn't seem to acknowledge it's existance...was wondering if I needed to set some parameter for that to work. Anyway I gave up on that and followed Zlin's suggestion. Turned "immortal" off, let the good guys get killed off too and spawn in new (fully loaded) replacements.

I THINK it still remains a bug that re-arming doesn't ALWAYS work. That is, it is bugged SOMETIMES. I reported this probably more than a year ago and if I remember correctly Grimes confirmed its a bug.

So try ruining your mission a bunch of times (like 10). And half the time or more you will see units NOT rearming. Then you'll know if you are just running up against a good old DCS bug. Once rearming is NOT working in a mission it doesn't work across the entire mission for the rest of the mission run. Super annoying.