Missiles reliability

ESAc_matador

Dont you think, that the rreliability of the missiles are oustanding? They always work if shoot in patameters. The more I read, the more i see thisnis wrong... And even more if we talk about 60-70 or 80s warfare.

Would you be interested in some tunning? Like... Youching the probability of manufacturing.failure??

Not difficult to emulate.

Dont you think, that the rreliability of the missiles are oustanding? They always work if shoot in patameters. The more I read, the more i see thisnis wrong... And even more if we talk about 60-70 or 80s warfare.

Would you be interested in some tunning? Like... Youching the probability of manufacturing.failure??

Not difficult to emulate.

Mmm maybe... The problem i see with this is the difficulty to discern that from bugs in a time where missiles are being reworked and many bugs still exists. I would be more keen of that idea once some years have passed and all missiles have been reworked and we have a solid foundation and their behavior is polished enough to consider that option.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Well, you have a point. But, if you read Clashes for instance... The number of faulty sidewinders are really big. Take a F5 vs Mig21 combat in early 70s... How many sidewinders would just fail, not ligthen up, go balistic, fuze not working. Every single book about aerial combat tells stories about this. So...