Troubleshooting download connection problems

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Hi all,

If you are having download connection problems ( not STEAM users )

1. Goto http://debug.tools.cdn77.com/

2. do a tracert to cdn.digitalcombatsimulator.com

collect the results of the page and the tracert.

Place this config file in your dcs root location Example: C:\DCS World OpenBeta

Repeat the update attempt,

an autoupdate_log.txt and _http_log.txt will be created,

Please attach all the results and files to a support in a ticket

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 7 months later...

Can you please explain what we are supposed to be doing exactly?  I have no idea what a tracert is, but I googled it and found it.  That said, you're telling us to collect the results of the page (i'm assuming the debug tools page?) and the Tracert. 

What are we supposed to do with those results, exactly?  

Also, the config file you want us to place in the root directory...do we override the file if one is already there?  

492nd Squadron CO (F-15E): JTF-111 -  Discord Link

• 5 months later...

Dear BigNewy,

thanks for the procedure. But in spite of all my several attempts, I just can't update to the last version released of Open Beta, and this is the very first time in years I occurred that.

As per the error messages (I got two): "Child failed to connect: (1460) Timeout. Operation failed" and "Pipe is not ready: (2) can't find the specified file".

By the way, most annoying matter of all, I can't definitively open a ticket, because the system is continuously obliging me to read the tecnical FAQs instead of allowing me to create one - this is not funny, please believe me on that.

How could I solve this, please?

Thanks for your attention, and with best regards.

Edited by JagHond

27 minutes ago, JagHond said:

As per the error messages (I got two): "Child failed to connect: (1460) Timeout. Operation failed" and "Pipe is not ready: (2) can't find the specified file".

Please try to restart your internet router (unplug / plug).

See here:

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 months later...

Good morning to all.

Last and definitive (I sincerely hope so) update.

After a long series of attempts of any kind, I had confirmed my suspects, so I could explain why all those were happening to me only in all this Community. It was exclusive fault of Windows. Clear proof of that was that after reinstalled it, all what was not functiong started running fine again.

A word of respectful thanking to all the nice guys I happened to be so lucky to meet in this occasion, and were so kind to join me in helping effortlessly.

Thank you so much for your valuable time, Flappie, Andrey, Mike and all the other ones I'm not explicitely referring here and now by my only fault. You know you are included in this mine, guys.

With best regards.

Edited by JagHond
  • Like 1