Tomcat FAQ - pls give us your input

IronMike

any change on -A chin pod?as you know,F-14 has multiple styles of chin pod.(like in NATOPS pic FO–1)

ref to Q1E Development Update

F-14A, including:

P&W TF30 engine model

MACH LEV position on Pilot’s master test panel

Aerodynamic fairing (bullet) cover for TCS

New liveries

ALR-45 RWR

Art Changes: Nozzles, panels, etc.

New P&W TF30 Soundset

...and more.

Edited by Alphabet_Ghost

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

Will the AIM-54A have the early white livery added to it?

Good one! Separate models for the AIM-54 variants both on the jet and once fired, with their own markings and possibility of paint. You can paint the missiles on the jet but it doesn't differentiate between A Mk47, A Mk60, and C Mk47, and once you fire them they go back to the built-in ED projectile model.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Another item for the FAQ list: Explain how CM rearming works, as many people struggle with that (including me):

- What kind of countermeassures and how many are available?

- Do I need to rearm through the rearming window or through the ground crew or both?

- Does it have to be done by the Pilot and the RIO when flying multicrew?

- How exactly does the RIO have to configure the CM cartridges after rearming?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hi Mike,

have no problems with other models (f18, fw190, Spitfire) . But in the F14 the lettering of the instruments and many details are very blurred.

It was fine for the old HMDs, but it looks weird in the 8kX.

All objects outside looks much sharper.

Forgot to say, Dstar, can you give us your specs please and send a screenshot of your settings? Thanks.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

IRIAF cat sill planned?only skins or it's a mod.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4317631&postcount=9

in your post,-only aim54A....it's meaning iran cat can only carry AIM-54A and early aim9s...etc?and remove some system(basicly it's a reduced -A version?)

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

IRIAF cat sill planned?only skins or it's a mod.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4317631&postcount=9

in your post,-only aim54A....it's meaning iran cat can only carry AIM-54A and early aim9s...etc?and remove some system(basicly it's a reduced -A version?)

Basically yes, no lantirn, only aim54a (and other appropriate weapons restrictions for aim7 etc), only dumb bombs, no tcs. Proper IRIAF skins.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Forgot to say, Dstar, can you give us your specs please and send a screenshot of your settings? Thanks.

Hi Mike, sorry for the delay.

System:

7700k @5.0 allCore, Z270, 32Gb RAM @2800, 2080ti @2100 Watercooled,

Last Win10, Nvidia Driver 456.38, HMD Odyssey+, Pimax 8k+, Pimax 8kX

DCS PD 1.3, Pitool 1,25, Steam SS 2700 Pix Vertical.

For Odyssey and 8k+, the textures are fine enough, but for the nativ 4K 8kX, nope.

Actuall Screenshot is at time a problem, I am not at Home the next days.

But here is an older from April or may I mean, are nearly the same settings.

https://abload.de/img/6f0c9249-a453-43cd-938kvo.jpeg

Edited by dstar

any chance we could have the crew hang 1 arm out of the pit when taxiing with wings swept and canopy open?? im serious btw lol

To go past that:

Can we bypass Jester closing the canopy at startup? Tons of footage of startups with the canopies open, would be nice to have the option at that stage to tell him to leave the canopy up.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

To go past that:

Can we bypass Jester closing the canopy at startup? Tons of footage of startups with the canopies open, would be nice to have the option at that stage to tell him to leave the canopy up.

The pilot has controls for the canopy too. Jester just follows NATOPS.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

It´s the best module in DCS so far, the work is outstanding, but I would rather like to see a bugfixed B Cat, than a new model.

There are still many bugs in the F14, especially with Jester. Still some missing features, like ground Lantirn possibilities for Jester, even a missing pilot model in cockpit, or a campaign.

As a singleplayer I have to take a break wit the Cat, because all the Jester bugs or inefficiency is a bit annoying.

So I can´t understand, why people are screaming for a new model and more stuff, even though the B version is bugged and unfinished. And then alle the people are screaming about this bug and that bug and this missing thing..

So please HB, put your time and effort in finishing and bugfixing the current model and after that in a new model..

It´s the best module in DCS so far, the work is outstanding, but I would rather like to see a bugfixed B Cat, than a new model.

There are still many bugs in the F14, especially with Jester. Still some missing features, like ground Lantirn possibilities for Jester, even a missing pilot model in cockpit, or a campaign.

As a singleplayer I have to take a break wit the Cat, because all the Jester bugs or inefficiency is a bit annoying.

So I can´t understand, why people are screaming for a new model and more stuff, even though the B version is bugged and unfinished. And then alle the people are screaming about this bug and that bug and this missing thing..

So please HB, put your time and effort in finishing and bugfixing the current model and after that in a new model..

First of all your post in this thread is off-topic, with that said I think it's reasonable to assume that bug-fixing is something that the team does regardless of development of a new model. A lot of people want the A, and with the introduction of new code into any software there is a large chance of an introduction of new bugs. So even if the B were completely bug free, there would probably be new bugs introduced with the A when it arrived.

I for one think it's best for them to push as many features as possible into early access, and do bug-fixing parallel to that. You have to remember that both the A and the B comprise one full DCS module and that we are still in early access, so bugs are to be expected.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Welp, this turned into a wish-thread pretty quick, haha.

But that's fine guys, we're registering everything, as always. Keep it coming.

@AlphaGhost, no ICLS for the Iranian Tomcat.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Not wish list but things needed

IFF Interrogate for jester

Jester ability to use lantirn or at least 'jester lase primary target'

or allow the mod that the dude made

If you cant get jester to do it, cheat, and make LGBs dropped with jester auto track to the primary target? Idk. but as is, especially since in MP u cant jump seats... ehhh

IFOLS clickable off or option off (the popup thing, I like it but others..)

make it not crash when u switch tape sides (unless this is fixed?)

TARPs pod?

Improved jester targetting with missiles.... this just needs work

The time to pitbull (time blinking) needs to be added for AIM54s

Not much else I can think of.. ATM I mean I can add, and others have as well. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE you guys. Your works amazing. If Covid hadnt hit Id buy the viggen, but Im almsot homeless now =/

IFF interrogate is HUGE. I mean really guys, .... if not add declare to awacs (its something at least!)

otherwise just give us the forrestal and AI a6s like u promised...

and PM if u have enemies. Ill kill for an A6E module.

Edited by sublime

Not wish list but things needed

IFF Interrogate for jester

Jester ability to use lantirn or at least 'jester lase primary target'

or allow the mod that the dude made

If you cant get jester to do it, cheat, and make LGBs dropped with jester auto track to the primary target? Idk. but as is, especially since in MP u cant jump seats... ehhh

IFOLS clickable off or option off (the popup thing, I like it but others..)

make it not crash when u switch tape sides (unless this is fixed?)

TARPs pod?

Improved jester targetting with missiles.... this just needs work

The time to pitbull (time blinking) needs to be added for AIM54s

Not much else I can think of.. ATM I mean I can add, and others have as well. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE you guys. Your works amazing. If Covid hadnt hit Id buy the viggen, but Im almsot homeless now =/

IFF interrogate is HUGE. I mean really guys, .... if not add declare to awacs (its something at least!)

otherwise just give us the forrestal and AI a6s like u promised...

and PM if u have enemies. Ill kill for an A6E module.

Jester Lantirn is already coming, not sure what you mean by jester IFF, jester already IFFs targets, IFLOLS pop-up is an ED thing, Tarps pod is a low priority thing, time to pitbull with phoenixes are already a thing. I can't speak for HB, but some of your "wish list" items are already implemented, or not in HB's field of control

Edited by BreaKKer
Missed a point about an IFF thing

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

Welp, this turned into a wish-thread pretty quick, haha.

But that's fine guys, we're registering everything, as always. Keep it coming.

@AlphaGhost, no ICLS for the Iranian Tomcat.

holy....No icls and standrad ILS?I could stop working when bad weather!LoL.

And I have PM two question could you take look?thanks

Thanks for reply.

How about a version of Jester with Anthony Edwards (Goose) narrating all the lines. "Come on, do some of the pilot shit" has to be added.

Jester already says that.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria