Problem With TOO Designate JDAMS Multi Release

exhausted

That technique you mentioned is obsolete. Check this vid

I am not sure if its final method. Also personally I sometimes meet some issues with duplicated TOO coords when I dont release all present IAM loadout in one pass. But it kinda works for a moment.

Edited by Fuerte

Following the directions in this video and I cannot get the TGP to designate multiple targets. Each is overiden by the next. Also, not sure how to move the pod around in ATRK mode. What am I doing wrong?

I did this just last night (9/9/2020) with 8 JDAMs and it definitely still does work. Its a strict process which requires the specific order to work. Any mistake pressing buttons out of order can very easily cause the whole thing to go wrong. I suggest practising in an air start with active pause on. This way you can take all the time you need to check the button order etc. Key is to un-designate after all 8 have been stored and then do not re-designate anything wypt or TGP. Once you have undesignated you can run through the co-ords and see that they are different. I just look at the last digits of each as these are precise and will change with each target.

Information is all in the video, its just very easy to get it wrong

Following the directions in this video and I cannot get the TGP to designate multiple targets. Each is overiden by the next. Also, not sure how to move the pod around in ATRK mode. What am I doing wrong?

This Guide needs only some couple of correction.

Turn AG MODE only u have "unsteared" after the last target.

Dont use ATRK mode, only "normal" OPR with the Diamant.

Only then u turn AG MODE on and goes to JDAM Page ---> MSN. All Coordinates of all 4/6/8 targets are stored in system. U dosnt need to lock again. Only fly in zone/rng and drop.

Edited by Krog

Also, not sure how to move the pod around in ATRK mode. What am I doing wrong?

This is an older video. The TGP doesn't move in ATK or PTK any more. This video explains the basics.

and it looks like the Grim Reapers have a recent tutorial video as well.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

And what if I have a couple of tanks which are stationary at the moment, but are able to spread under fire? I would like to drop one bomb in the first pass, see them spread and stop and then make other 7 new TOO coords and drop 7 jdams left in tge second pass.

Is that possible to do?

That technique you mentioned is obsolete. Check this vid

I am not sure if its final method. Also personally I sometimes meet some issues with duplicated TOO coords when I dont release all present IAM loadout in one pass. But it kinda works for a moment.

That technique is also obsolete!

Please refer to the link in my post 2 or 3 above for the definitive steps currently.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Here is a track I did earlier. I know there is a lot going on, but it might help.

JDAM ripple.trk

The exact same methodology I linked to in post #6 and I posted a track for everyone to try out the exact same in post #10.

I did exactly but some bombs missed the targets...but I believe the problem is not the method by far but the accuracy of the JDAMs

Nothing wrong with the accuracy of the JDAMs. Hit bang on every time for me.

Do you press TDC Depress everytime you slew the TDC over a target?

No. Please refer to the link in my post #6 for the definitive procedure and my track in post #10 for an example.

I am doing something wrong but dont know what, if colud pls see my track... thanks!

I took over your track and had no problems. Pretty sure your issue is with the TXR DEGD warning. That is something to do with a weapon not having complete alignment.

Even if I wait for this msg to get away, the bombs still miss some targets.

Can you post another track?

Also, are you running the current beta?

Same thing, track attached. Yes I am running 2.5.6.54046.

I'm becoming stumped by this. If I take over your track after the plane is in the air, I hit all 8 targets every time.

However, I can't see what the difference is between what you are doing and what I am doing!

It doesn't help that the mouse cursor in your track is in a different place to where you are clicking, but still. (Can't explain that either. Must be something to do with different resolutions.)

I'm going to have one more look to see if I can spot the difference!

This is becoming interesting now. I just watched your track again and all 8 targets were destroyed all correctly.

Now, this is very similar to a bug that existed with the Walleye and, occasionally, the Mav, in that watching a track more than once would give different results.

I can't see anything that you are doing wrong. Maybe someone else can, but I'm beginning to wonder if this could be a bug.