DCS: F-14 Priority Issues

Cobra847

My issue is that I cant go to RWS when I want to search a particular area since Im stuck in TWS, if I break the gimbal limits, my radar gets stuck in an awkward position and Im unable to switch to RWS even when I switch to PAL mode and back, as well as the radar doesnt hold tracks very well if at all in TWS, and more times then not the AWG-9 starts targetting ghost contacts so my missiles just end up never hitting. All in MP, using Jester BTW.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Again, you are expecting something he should do, which he cant. To code that is an incredible task, and takes lots of time. This is why we don't have him sanitize the sky on his own, or react on DL targets. You know where everything is, so you need to tell him where to look for now.

Maybe we will take a look into Jester sanatizing the sky on his own or reacting to DL targets, but no promise for now. It's not like we wouldn't love for him to do that. We would. But again, everything Jester is just extremely complicated and time exhausting on that level, thus we need to see first if time and ressources allow it. It is by no means a planned feature atm. Thank you for the kind understanding.

Thank you for your reply! I really appreciate you guys answering our questions.

Not an expert on the Cat nor Jester, but Maybe you shoudl have a "Chester" (typo intended), for SP that is a bit more "magical"... there is no way to have a human RIO in SP ;)
Wrong, you can jump back and forth between the front and back seat - so you can be your own human RIO to a limited exfent in SP. The problem is that you can get things set up and working well in the back seat but, as soon as you jump back into the front seat, Jester will usually just undo everything you've done!
Edited by wadman

Dont worry man,

Babys will always cry for more milk ! Just do you stuff. Real guys will understand !

signature%20giat%203rd.jpg

"Si je disposais de six heures pour abattre un arbre, je consacrerais les quatre premières heures à aiguiser ma hache. " Abraham LINCOLN

Well, there's always having a gamer laptop with a 2nd license to be your own RIO :)

But seriously, IronMike, *I* would pay for an "extended Jester module". I understand it's a hefty job and if it requires more resources, well, call it. The other thing would be beefing up Iceman so we can have some basic patterns like hold orbit or new heading and switching seats becomes viable.

To code that is an incredible task, and takes lots of time.

That seems to just be a trivial trigonometry problem, why is it that hard to implement a solution ?

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

I think that statement was related to making jester more smart in general i.e. analyzing the situation with DL/ownship radar and prioritizing targets. Locking up DL targets is already possible under the "STT>Choose Specific Target" Menu. Be advised though that trying to hardlock DL targets that are in the AWG-9s doppler notch won't be possible, as Jester always tries for a PD-STT lock.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Again, you are expecting something he should do, which he cant. To code that is an incredible task, and takes lots of time. This is why we don't have him sanitize the sky on his own, or react on DL targets. You know where everything is, so you need to tell him where to look for now.

Maybe we will take a look into Jester sanatizing the sky on his own or reacting to DL targets, but no promise for now. It's not like we wouldn't love for him to do that. We would. But again, everything Jester is just extremely complicated and time exhausting on that level, thus we need to see first if time and ressources allow it. It is by no means a planned feature atm. Thank you for the kind understanding.

I thought you said it was going to do exactly that.

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/posts/one-of-the-most-difficult-parts-of-developing-the-f-14-is-developing-your-ai-rio/774159932771627/

"JESTER will move his head to look at exactly where the switch/indicator being manipulated or used is in the cockpit' date=' and thus will not be able to [b']scan the sky[/b] at the same time....

Inside the focused viewing cone, the RIO will more quickly detect targets, while detection range and speed is significantly reduced in the peripheral vision. We also account for the sun, the horizon and line of sight (JESTER will not see through mountains or clouds). Thus, the RIO might even notice contacts in his peripheral vision while manipulating radar controls, but at a much lower chance than if actively scanning the sky, and thus using his focused viewing field.

Making sure that the RIO is bound by realistic human limitations is in the very foundation of our work, and it is important not only for immersion, but also to maintain appropriate multiplayer balance.

21543843_774158906105063_7105116713547105156_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=MB2iniGDBMcAX_akS-2&_nc_oc=AQn9ME-HBaR0_DOVf2GwBl_S-Y4sP37ceBzkj3tdQvP0olrhIvfTJKKG1pALRSo46b0&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz1-1.fna&oh=c66d0cd0961d2f86ed7343b42a4b162b&oe=5FB44D59

That seems to just be a trivial trigonometry problem, why is it that hard to implement a solution ?

Wow.

Tell me Jammer, how much do you enjoy someone who is ignorant of the nature and details of your work telling you how easy it must be?

Perhaps in light of the above you could show some (a) manners, (b) respect and © a shred of consideration towards a senior developer that takes the time to interface with the community?

Wow.

Tell me Jammer, how much do you enjoy someone who is ignorant of the nature and details of your work telling you how easy it must be?

Perhaps in light of the above you could show some (a) manners, (b) respect and © a shred of consideration towards a senior developer that takes the time to interface with the community?

I wish the user block feature comes back in this version of the forum, in order to stop that kind of harassment by random people considering there is trouble where there is none.

• Like 1

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

I wish the user block feature comes back in this version of the forum, in order to stop that kind of harassment by random people considering there is trouble where there is none.

Harrassment? That's a bit strong. It is a reminder to treat others as you would wish to be treated. I think you need to re-read your post, particularly in light of the answer previously given by IronMike that outlined that the feature requested is not simple; if he - who knows the code far more intimately than you - says this is a very complex implementation then your response insinuates that either a) he is lying, b) he doesn't know what he is talking about or c) that you know Heatblurs programming better than he does. That is not particularly respectful in anyone's book, is it?

Edited by DD_Fenrir

You're not HB, you're not a moderator, you're nobody. Don't lecture me like that. There is a nice debate right now in my country about freedom of speech, and your behavior is indeed falling into the harassment category.

• Like 2

I'll buy :

This part I love:

Don't lecture me like that.

immediately followed by:

There is a nice debate right now in my country about freedom of speech.

#irony!

Oh, and yeah, I know about free speech. I come from the country that invented it. Also decency and manners, though that didn't export so well it would seem.

• Like 2

Given the original indication was the F14a would be released with ED's October patch and the next patch now appears to be planned for the 4th Nov, guessing the aim is now for the 4th Nov?

Edit: Just to be clear not blaming anyone for this situation. Just want to clarify the situation.

Edited by Sideburns

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

well back to the OP

Jester using lantirn or eeven just lasing/lgbs. I know this can or will be very hard with all the possible grnd targets - all I can think of is perhaps making it so users can place like 3 map markers, and you can order jester to lase primary, secondary, or tertiary. if you drop u drop otherwise its a buddy lase. or adopting that mod someone made awhile back

Jester interrogate (IFF) cmd

any chance to have A at this month ?! Only one week left :music_whistling:

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

any chance to have A at this month ?! Only one week left :music_whistling:

Next planned update is scheduled for November 4th, so hopefully it will arrive to OB then.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.