DCS: F-14 Priority Issues

Cobra847

What about the sound overhaul?

Was it not included in the list? This is one of the items that goes along with the completion of the A and will maybe continue beyond it.

EDIT: I see it wasn't, we comprised the list more in regards to bugs, than general improvement. Sound overhaul falls under the latter. That said, please don't expect something like all sounds being suddenly new. We will improve certain aspects of them, etc.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I'm one of those people who is constantly amazed at how a developer can continue to work on and improve a launched product with just the sales of the module.

A lot of people complain about the price of a full fidelity module, whereas I'm one of those people who's amazed they sell for under € 200, given the amount of work and research that go into them, including post-launch...

Thanks for the update, folks!

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

YES

TY!

Now, not to be greedy, but what about a basic ability for jester to use LGBS? its seriously a problem in MP and its difficult at best in SP

They are working in having Jester use the Lantirn pod, but as you can imagine it's really complex and will take a while.

Thanks for the update!

I'm curious what's wrong with the TCS to radar slave? It works fine on my side when I fly as a RIO (which is what I usually do) :huh:

• TCS slave to radar for human RIO

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for the update!

I'm curious what's wrong with the TCS to radar slave? It works fine on my side when I fly as a RIO (which is what I usually do) :huh:

Hm. Didnt you report once that it didnt hold track well when slaved to radar as human RIO? IIRC it can produce flickering of the target, etc? It fell in my lap in the tracker when we prepared the list and thus I included it. If this isn't the case anymore, all the better, but it's definitely something we'll take a second look in to, to make sure it works properly. Doesn't hurt either way. :)

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

Hm. Didnt you report once that it didnt hold track well when slaved to radar as human RIO? IIRC it can produce flickering of the target, etc? It fell in my lap in the tracker when we prepared the list and thus I included it. If this isn't the case anymore, all the better, but it's definitely something we'll take a second look in to, to make sure it works properly. Doesn't hurt either way. :)

Wasnt it that TCS will slave to first radar target, but if you drop the lock on first and lock another contact TCS will still stay slaved to the first one? At least that was the issue for me IIRC. Makes for very confusing target identification during dogfights.

Was it not included in the list? This is one of the items that goes along with the completion of the A and will maybe continue beyond it.

EDIT: I see it wasn't, we comprised the list more in regards to bugs, than general improvement. Sound overhaul falls under the latter. That said, please don't expect something like all sounds being suddenly new. We will improve certain aspects of them, etc.

On sound improvements. Will these include better flyby sound effects much like ED has done with the Hornet's howl effect? As I remember, the GE-equipped Tomcat produced a stark howl/thrumb effect in certain maneuvers.

I also hope water vapor/shock cone effects become of a thing at some point.:D

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Thank you for your effort guys.

Jester LANTIRN takes more time than expected ?

Just asking cause I'd love to laser bomb when I play alone on multiplayer servers :robot:

Take care, fly safe

AMD Ryzen 5800x3D, MB Asus Dark Hero, 64GB DDR4 PC3200, Nvidia RTX 4090 Asus, SSD NVMe 2TB WD SN850, Varjo Aero, Winwing Orion 2, Windows 10

LOMAC survivor

Yes, just a rough status of Jester/LANTIRN would be nice. I know it's a helluva job, not pushing, just curious.

But the "right engine" thing being hard to fix should give everybody an idea about the complexity under the bonnet. Coding is voodoo magic and then some.

And thanks for the info, my favourite module still after having tried near everything.

Just asking cause I'd love to laser bomb when I play alone on multiplayer servers :robot:

Take care, fly safe

There's a Pilot-controls-for-LANTIRN mod in the files section btw, if that still works. HB says that will go once Jester can do it, but in the meantime that gives you some laser kitty.

Oh, yeah, I remember now. I was thinking about an issue with getting a lock in the first place, which works fine, but there is indeed the issue that with a human RIO the pilots TCS display is jittery:

Yeah, this is indeed pretty annoying. It looks like the TCS LOS is being hosted on the RIO player computer and then gets transmitted to the pilot player computer, but because of network lag it's not accurate.

Totally forgot about this, as it doesn't affect me as a RIO and my pilot hasn't complained about it lately as he has gotten used to the issue :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Absolutely top notch Gents. This is great news. Any plans of deck crew to the Forrestal class? Not a a big deal but the deck sure feels alive with them running around. Also, any news or hints on the A-6 ever becoming a full blown module. I am sure that is "If I told you I would have to kill you" top secret, but hey, does not hurt to ask right.

Edited by robert.clark251

Oh, yeah, I remember now. I was thinking about an issue with getting a lock in the first place, which works fine, but there is indeed the issue that with a human RIO the pilots TCS display is jittery:

Totally forgot about this, as it doesn't affect me as a RIO and my pilot hasn't complained about it lately as he has gotten used to the issue :music_whistling:

Deep down, somehow, at some point, luckily, I remember everything you guys say :D

(feel free to queue in 100 screenshots of me actually forgetting what you guys said, hahaha)

Heatblur Simulations

Absolutely top notch Gents. This is great news. Any plans of deck crew to the Forrestal class? Not a a big deal but the deck sure feels alive with them running around. Also, any news or hints on the A-6 ever becoming a full blown module. I am sure that is "If I told you I would have to kill you" top secret, but hey, does not hurt to ask right.

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you. :smilewink:

As for Forrestal, unfortunately no. It will have the barebone Stennis features for now.

Heatblur Simulations

Take care, fly safe

I'll take a SWAG and say that the problem is non-entity targets (buildings, bridges, etc.). Getting Jester to find entities is likely easier as they can cheat a little if absolutely needed.

I am completely satisfied with bare bones for now, and the Top Gun quotes WILL NEVER get old. Thanks for bringing us the Tomcat! I grew up up around her as a kid, the Phantom as well. Once the Intruder and Phantom make their debut into DCS, I will be complete. I take the back, F-4U Corsair as well, because I grew up with the Black Sheep Squadron and 6 real corsairs my grandfathers friend owned and flew here in Texas.

I am completely satisfied with bare bones for now, and the Top Gun quotes WILL NEVER get old. Thanks for bringing us the Tomcat! I grew up up around her as a kid, the Phantom as well. Once the Intruder and Phantom make their debut into DCS, I will be complete. I take the back, F-4U Corsair as well, because I grew up with the Black Sheep Squadron and 6 real corsairs my grandfathers friend owned and flew here in Texas.

Let's be greedy... A-6B or E, F-4B or J (alongside the Mig-19 and Mig-21s). AND a South East Asia map!!! I imagine all the trees would make even an RTX 3090 cry for mommy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There's a Pilot-controls-for-LANTIRN mod in the files section btw, if that still works. HB says that will go once Jester can do it, but in the meantime that gives you some laser kitty.

I will be rather sad about this. I use the pilot Lantirn 'mod' a lot and I am very warey of how well jester will use it. When on a bomb run the last thing I want is to be messing about with the jester wheel.

For me just adding the Lantirn controls to the pilot bindings as per the mod is an easier and better option in my opinion in lieu of a human rio.