[REPORTED]A/A radar cannot STT outside of 30nm OB 2.5.6.54046

creme_fraiche

The Hornet radar has trouble locking things up outside of 30nm. Steps to reproduce:

1. Attempt to STT lock a hot aspect target from greater than 30nm away

Expected result:

STT lock should acquire and hold

Actual result:

Radar goes to "MEM" state and eventually drops STT lock.

Track is attached.

RWS SAM (not sure if this is the name for it) mode can successfully bug a target, and TWS works for launching missiles. Both fail when you try to STT.

I tested on both Syria and PG (just in case) and its the same behavior.

radar_syria.trk

Edited by creme_fraiche

Look at the PRF.

Target was detected on HPRF, radar was on a MPRF pass when STT was attempted so it uses MPRF. Target was far outside of MPRF range, so it fails (max MPRF range is/should be 25-30 miles or so).

So the bug is that the radar is using the instantenous PRF to acquire STT instead of the PRF the target was detected on. For now, a workaround is avoiding INTL or waiting until the radar is in the PRF the target was detected on then pressing the TDC.

I can confirm this as well in a recent multiplayer mission I had two MiG-29s approaching hot at roughly 40nm and the lock failed each time immediately going to MEM and then releasing until I was under 30nm. Due to the timing of my attempts, the first successfully held lock occurred at 26.7nm - so it is somewhere in that range.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

Look at the PRF.

Target was detected on HPRF, radar was on a MPRF pass when STT was attempted so it uses MPRF. Target was far outside of MPRF range, so it fails (max MPRF range is/should be 25-30 miles or so).

So the bug is that the radar is using the instantenous PRF to acquire STT instead of the PRF the target was detected on. For now, a workaround is avoiding INTL or waiting until the radar is in the PRF the target was detected on then pressing the TDC.

I remember seeing this some time ago. Is it it reported and known by the devs? It's a pretty big issue, since it breaks the radar in such a way.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 1 month later...

Radar 'MEM' Bug?

In this track, every time I lock an aircraft (whether with AACQ or TDC depress) the lock goes into 'MEM' and then drops the track rather than holding an STT. Thoughts? I have the latest O.B.

RDR MEM.trk

Screen_201013_100538.thumb.jpg.40bbdb5a67710f6558ba6c0f8d897d4d.jpg

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

See if this covers it - previously reported:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285643

Basically if the target is flying towards you and you towards it, switch from Interleaved to High PRF and it should be OK. What can happen is the target is detected under high PRF, but the lock occurs with medium PRF and therefore fails. Manually toggling to high or medium as needed solves some of it, for now.

My Rig:

CPU: i9-9900k - Corsair H150 Cooler. RAM: 32GB, 3200Mhz.

Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS Formula XI - Main Drive: 512GB NvME SSD

DCS Drive: 512GB NvME SSD - Graphics: GTX 1070 Ti. Display: 23" 1080p LG LCD.

Input: Razer Naga & Blackwidow Ultimate, TrackIR 5, HOTAS Warthog & MFDs (x4), Saitek Rudder Pedals, TurtleBeach PX22 Headset.

See if this covers it - previously reported:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=285643

Basically if the target is flying towards you and you towards it, switch from Interleaved to High PRF and it should be OK. What can happen is the target is detected under high PRF, but the lock occurs with medium PRF and therefore fails. Manually toggling to high or medium as needed solves some of it, for now.

Interesting. I'll check that out. Thanks, Tiburtius. :thumbup:

** Just checked your thread: That is exactly the behaviour. Thanks for that. Hope they get it fixed soon.

Edited by wilbur81

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display