DEKA please add baked-in reflections options

laertesson

The JF now features baked-in reflections on the canopy, HUD, and MFD screens, these are not well liked in DCS VR community and ED has now added “special” options to turn them on and off. Is there any chance DEKA will follow suit.

There are mods available on userfiles for the HUD and canopy already but there’s no mod to fix the MFCD reflections (they are integrated with the dirt/fingerprint textures which look great any way you consume DCS)

Edited by laertesson

The JF now features baked-in reflections on the canopy, HUD, and MFD screens, these are not well liked in DCS VR community and ED has now added “special” options to turn them on and off. Is there any chance DEKA will follow suit.

There are mods available on userfiles for the HUD and canopy already but there’s no mod to fix the MFCD reflections (they are integrated with the dirt/fingerprint textures which look great any way you consume DCS)

+1

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

+1

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Yeah, that would be much appreciated :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

cockpit modeler now in hospital again

will add customized cockpit texture with no baked reflection when he returned

btw

i think modders can modify the canopy glass dds to remove those reflection? then add it like other customized cockpit mod.

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

cockpit modeler now in hospital again...

That is sad to hear :cry:

All the best and speedy recovery to him/her!

...will add customized cockpit texture with no baked reflection

Take your time with it.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

will add customized cockpit texture with no baked reflection

I'm speaking for myself, but I think I can speak in name of the comunity in this one.

I think I prefer to hear that the modeler is fine, back at home and without any issue, than having a non-baked reflection cockpit right now, Health of a person is more important than a game.

First things first, always!

I'm speaking for myself, but I think I can speak in name of the comunity in this one.

I think I prefer to hear that the modeler is fine, back at home and without any issue, than having a non-baked reflection cockpit right now, Health of a person is more important than a game.

First things first, always!

+1 Health and safety first!

Hope he gets well soon!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

will add customized cockpit texture with no baked reflection

My best wishes to your colleague. We can wait. Make sure his/her health is a top priority.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED