[NEED TRACK REPLAY]Strange HUD anomaly

Tango Lima

OK reference https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=283532

I had to watch your video a few times and IMO you confused the system.

You initially selected ground alignment then you selected stored heading alignment which is a 90 second alignment but then immediately selected NAV mode and shortly thereafter selected IFA. It looks like it did the IFA style alignment but IMO you confused the system by selection everything BUT the CV align mode.

Especially since the ground alignment is 8 minutes versus the 10 of the IFA my suggestion would have been to just leave it in ground align mode for the 8 minute alignment then nav mode then IFA to include the GPS. Stored Heading I would have only done if I know that INS drifting isn't going to be an issue/not coded in DCS. Stored Heading alignments will drift more than standard and probably IFA as well.

So IMO what should have happened is going straight to IFA for the IFA alignment or leaving it in ground for 8 minutes then nav then IFA for a standard alignment or ground and stored heading and waiting 90 seconds for that alignment mode to complete then nav then IFA.

• ED Team

Hi

it looks like a bad alignemnt, I would need to see a track replay to confirm

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Just adding this maybe already reported and related to another IFA issue

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
OK reference https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=283532

I had to watch your video a few times and IMO you confused the system.

You initially selected ground alignment then you selected stored heading alignment which is a 90 second alignment but then immediately selected NAV mode and shortly thereafter selected IFA. It looks like it did the IFA style alignment but IMO you confused the system by selection everything BUT the CV align mode.

Yeah, if you currently select NAV and IFA immediately/right after starting the GND (or any time before the CV/GND ALIGN is completed) the system isn't aligned, and (needs to start) starts the IFA from scratch.

Just wait the 90 seconds.. It runs by quickly if you input a few aypoints manually and configure e.g some ground munitions. Then when the HSI says "0,5" and "OK" you switch to NAV and then IFA right after.

Especially since the ground alignment is 8 minutes versus the 10 of the IFA my suggestion would have been to just leave it in ground align mode for the 8 minute alignment then nav mode then IFA to include the GPS. Stored Heading I would have only done if I know that INS drifting isn't going to be an issue/not coded in DCS. Stored Heading alignments will drift more than standard and probably IFA as well.

So IMO what should have happened is going straight to IFA for the IFA alignment or leaving it in ground for 8 minutes then nav then IFA for a standard alignment or ground and stored heading and waiting 90 seconds for that alignment mode to complete then nav then IFA.

IMHO Currently, in game, the STORED HEADING doesn't "drift" more. It just aligns the system faster, since the position and heading of the aircraft are known at start.

When shutting down for repair, it might cause issues if you use when restarting after repair... I'm not sure how it is modelled. To work around the issue, connect ground power before shutting down.

IFA (GPS aided) works around any (over time) drifting issues there might be.

Edited by Juuba
Sometimes I Amaze even Myself!