Nice Campaign and possible bug

Just wanted to pass along my compliments on your Campaign. I didn't download the Serpent's Head 1 but just finished 2. I found it quite enjoyable and liked the weapon variety that was used. The way the F-18 handles laser guided bombs really makes you appreciate the Hog all the more.

I liked the flow of things. Kneeboards would be nice though the way you step things through really minimizes the need for them (VR user here). In the documents, I particularly liked how it gave an estimate on time for each mission and listed the skills necessary to complete. As a relatively new pilot to the F-18 it helped me do a little "homework" where needed before the mission. I look forward to your next offering

As far as the possible bug. What in the world is the Stennis doing on the last mission? Did the captain fall asleep at the wheel and have the rudder completely over to one side? or is this intended?

Just wanted to pass along my compliments on your Campaign. I didn't download the Serpent's Head 1 but just finished 2. I found it quite enjoyable and liked the weapon variety that was used. The way the F-18 handles laser guided bombs really makes you appreciate the Hog all the more.

I liked the flow of things. Kneeboards would be nice though the way you step things through really minimizes the need for them (VR user here). In the documents, I particularly liked how it gave an estimate on time for each mission and listed the skills necessary to complete. As a relatively new pilot to the F-18 it helped me do a little "homework" where needed before the mission. I look forward to your next offering

As far as the possible bug. What in the world is the Stennis doing on the last mission? Did the captain fall asleep at the wheel and have the rudder completely over to one side? or is this intended?

Hi

Thanks for comments. Yes I am aware of our drunk captain. Yes it is a bug. It’s something that has changed in an ED update. The distance the AI tries to avoid things in front appears to have reduced. The ship in front of the Stennis is making the Stennis turn. Never happened before. I have corrected this and sent an update to ED hopefully update will be out soon.

Working on next campaign now “Rise of the Persian Lion”. This is a continuation of Fords story. He will be moving to the Gulf on the US S Abraham Lincoln. It is a 15 mission campaign. I will put in kneeboards.

Did you make use of the easy air to air refuel option? I am interested as to how many have made use of this option

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

yep same deal for me; though he may not be the only one asleep at the wheel i had a DD drive through the Stennis

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Hi Glyn,

I didn't make use of the easy AAR. I have been using VR for a while now and find AAR in the hornet(or any jet with the receptacle in front) to be very easy

Thanks, good to hear.

I really introduced it for pilots in early stages as the A2A was requirement to complete the campaign and didn't want to deny them the chance to fly the campaign.

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

I think it is a great idea to keep it in there. It definitely makes it more accessible. Being able to refuel also adds a touch of authenticity, especially for something with as short of legs as the Hornet. I think the one time where I decided not to refuel I made it back to the Stennis with a 100-200 lbs of fuel left!

Agreed , I didn’t use it myself, but , I think it helps give people choices

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg