Case 3 approach random start point

markturner1960

Hi, how can I tune one of the existing case 3 missions so each time I start it, my position etc is random, so I can practice differing marshal stack working out? Obviously, I can edit the mission each time, but is it possible to set a random spawn point, say within 75m of the carrier?

Also, how can I set up slots, as I want both ground start and air start options if possible. Currently I seem to only be able to have one or the other, thanks

Thanks

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, how can I tune one of the existing case 3 missions so each time I start it, my position etc is random, so I can practice differing marshal stack working out? Obviously, I can edit the mission each time, but is it possible to set a random spawn point, say within 75m of the carrier?

I've also been playing with this idea.

A simple way of achieving this, would be to just add multiple client slots.

E.g., you place the SC where you want it and add multiple (but I do mean a lot!) aircraft in a circle around it at the desired distance and set them all to client slots. It would be a pretty easy copy/paste action. This way, when you enter the mission you can select any of the (50+?) client slots and you'll never really know where you start.

You could make it more interesting by adding a few AI flights and have some of them "late activate" so that you get a feeling not to be alone out there and get them to give you different push times. Or make it even more interesting and add multiple supercarriers ;)

Also, how can I set up slots, as I want both ground start and air start options if possible. Currently I seem to only be able to have one or the other, thanks

When you add an aircraft in the mission editor, you can set its skill level. If that particular aircraft is flyable, you'll also be able to select player, or client. When you start the mission you'll be able to select any of the client aircraft you placed in the mission editor. I don't think there's a limit on how many you add.

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Thanks, that was the solution I came up with in the end. Regarding adding more AI flights, can they be added earlier than you, so they would be already in the stack by the time you spawn? How would you do that? And does the SC AI take them properly into account and give them all the correct spacing and altitudes and Push points etc?

How does the copy / paste thing work?

Thanks!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

As for your 1st question. I suppose if you place those AI flights closer to the carrier than yourself (e.g. 10 miles out), they would probably get an earlier push time as you (not sure though.. AI is kinda stupid sometimes)

AI does follow correct landing/atc procedures (marchal stack, push time etc.).

As for your second question:

Copy paste is just like in Windows, ctrl-c / ctrl-v

If I were you I'd add a trigger zone directly on top of the carrier and set its radius to match the distance you want to start from (e.g. 50nm). And the copy paste client aircraft all around that circle. Do that in random order (not clockwise) and you'll get sort of random starting positions when you select those clients ingame.

Hope that makes sense :)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 2 weeks later...

For those interested, I decided to take action and create this:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312742/

CASE_III_TRAINING.jpg

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 2

System specs:

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/25/2021 at 1:20 AM, Jetmar said:

File not found 😞

Somehow the link got messed up.

Corrected it.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3312742/

System specs: