Current state of road base system

dimitrischal

I agree. There should be some kind of template available that makes an 800 meter stretch of road 17 meters wide and also adds parking areas for rearming so make it as close to reality as possible.

The roads in DCS are way too narrow to be used as road bases.

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

• 2 weeks later...

ED allowed all aircraft to rearm from FARP objects in the update this week. So how about doing the following for the Viggen (see quote below)? Haven't tried it, but wouldn't that be a viable solution for a road base now?

The AM2 Mat FARP has a good service radius so you can put it off to the side of a road and it will still service an aircraft that is on the road beside it.

PS. My example shows a Ka-50 because you still can't start fixed wing aircraft on ground. I thought that would go hand in hand with enabling all aircraft to rearm at FARPs.

I'm hoping that will follow shortly? ED? Please enable fixed wing to start from ground so we can put them on roads.

You can also make it invisible if you want and just mark the spot where it is with static objects or vehicles or whatever. Very good for making a realistic roadside FARP.

attachment.php?attachmentid=248183&d=1600950361

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

pretty sure i rearmed at a roadbase with viggen without touching any object many months ago.

its mission five in the big campaign iirc

edit:

not even remotely touching anything, there is just some cars and infantry around me. watch me arrive at 24:50

upload date: 22. 12. 2019

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

I tried yesterday online in Cleared Hot Server and it worked. just need to start the plane.

Sent from my MiG-29S (9-13S) using Tapatalk

What exactly is "it"? Did you use the Heatblur road base system or the ED FARP system?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

What exactly is "it"? Did you use the Heatblur road base system or the ED FARP system?

As far I know I changed weapons and fuel with the kneeboard.

P.S: It is enabled when the Ck37 is ON.

Edited by Sajarov

:megalol:

As far I know I changed weapons and fuel with the kneeboard.

P.S: It is enabled when the Ck37 is ON.

All right, that's the Heatblur system then.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...