Dead Silence

Devil 505

ED or anyone from OctopusG. No specific questions here on future modules, just curious if you are still around and plan on doing anything else for DCS, or is this the end of the road? I would still like to support the team if you choose to continue producing for DCS. Your first module was good to go. It has been a ghost town on the forum here with little to no response.

It’s one guy in Russia, I don’t think they ever post here. There are still a few things like radio and kneeboarding needed to finish I-16, but I know I’m not the only one that thinks an An-2(which they did for another title) would be great

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It’s one guy in Russia, I don’t think they ever post here. There are still a few things like radio and kneeboarding needed to finish I-16, but I know I’m not the only one that thinks an An-2(which they did for another title) would be great

It seems he's washed his hands of the whole project, it's been out for how long now? I dont remember seeing anything of it showing up in the update love since it got released.

Of course, since the dev isn't even active here, it's entirely possible he doesn't even know anything is missing or needs to be fixed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• ED Team

Hi all

English is not the first language for the dev, I will enquire if there is any news to share.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I anticipated it wasn't, and i saw the thread on the russian forum is 160+pages long, (understandably so, the airframe has much greater significance there, and to a lesser extent spain,than anywhere else) i would say its safe to assume any issues here have been brought up there as well, but the module seems stagnant, as if it were released and dropped.

I understand the language barriers: my first wife was german(i was stationed in Germany at the time). My in-laws from my second marriage are staying with us at the moment, they just arrived from russia the other day. I get communication even in a native language can be a challenge on the forums without having the nonverbal cues that add nuance to what we say...but still, google translate *is* a thing, and it can make it possible for plexus to read what people are saying here& for him to drop an occasional notice or acknowledgement

I dont think anyones demanding the world, or the devs head on a platter like they are with Razbam , but really just a simple "heartbeat " that this aircraft is still alive or dev has moved onward to other projects

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

or else what

What do you mean? I don't think there was a "or else" in this thread

System:

BIGNEWY, thanks for the follow up brother. It is much appreciated. Seems like there is some really good talent there. If he could get a team together and the permissions to proceed, I concur with the above statement of an untapped genre of warbirds for DCS. I can only imagine the complexities though of getting the information needed for Russian WW2 aircraft. I do not think I have ever heard anyone mention an IL-2 before funny enough.

Still no Flight Manual

The only doc I can see is the Quickstart guide. The developer still owes us a proper flight manual. In English. If the developer cannot write English then that is ED's responsibility. After all we have paid for a complete module and that includes doc.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

or else what

Or else I'll say his father was a hamster and his mother smelt of elderberries.

In Russian.

After I figure out what an 'elderberry' is in Russian. I'll ask my wife.

Then I will taunt him a second time-a.

Ongoing development or not, has anyone else noticed what an unexpectedly fun little beast this thing is to fly?

In Russian.

Then how will you keep your outrrrrageous accent, you silly man?

System:

I enjoy this little plane, wish that ED could add a few russian items to its WW2 Assets Pack, nothing much: a russian soldier, a period truck, period gun, a T-34 .. and some german AI like a Ju-87, He-111 and Bf-109E to have some opponents.

Also wish that the developer gets to finish the radio equipment of this bird, to be able to call ATC.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

snip....

Ongoing development or not, has anyone else noticed what an unexpectedly fun little beast this thing is to fly?

Indeed it is. I was out tooling around in the Burro earlier today. Via the Jetseat, this little devil is a rambling & rock'n handful!

@Bignewy - hoping you hear something from the the Dev.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

ED or anyone from OctopusG. No specific questions here on future modules, just curious if you are still around and plan on doing anything else for DCS, or is this the end of the road? I would still like to support the team if you choose to continue producing for DCS. Your first module was good to go. It has been a ghost town on the forum here with little to no response.

Also was thinking of buying the module but it looks like its abandonware.

Also was thinking of buying the module but it looks like its abandonware.
Please stop the BS. If it were abandonware wouldn't be updates and there have been in the latest patches, just a single guy alone and he doesn't even speak English, that's all.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I will never abandon my I-16.

When you get tired of electric jets the I-16 is a breath of fresh(ish) air with that open cockpit. I'm Navy so I never got the silk scarf, but it's still awesome.

Some day I'll get energetic and figure out how to actually land one. From the reports on this forum she's (he, actually. I believe they're referred to by the masculine) quite a beast on the runway in both directions.

Which ones? Didn’t see anything in the change logs.
Since when every single change comes in the changelog? Read the threads, some patches ago some bugs appeared and later on were fixed.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Maybe the developer only wants to create one module and maintain how about that?

Theres nothing wrong with that as long as theres been some indication that its been maintained . I seem to recall nothing but dead silence as well. Yes, the dev is one person. whose native language isnt English, but as i mentioned google-translate is a thing, and he doesn't need to write patch notes entries- ED is capable of doing that after receiving updates from OctoG

Not posting notes on updates, even if an update or fix is made, isnt a good approach: it leads to the impression that this is abandonware . Its a great entry, even moreso considering its just one guy..but to release& then have no communication is somewhat disconcerting

System:

• 3 weeks later...

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria