CCIP accuracy changes depending on mission year

mrkline

I took the Golan Heights BAI mission for the Viggen, swapped in the Hornet to practice dive bombing, and noticed that my bombs were consistently falling about 400ft short. I don't have this problem in other missions, so on a hunch, I changed the year from the 1970s to the 2010s and bombs landed right on target.

Attached are video, mission files, ACMIs, and track files. In the first three runs, the year is 2010 and bombs land right on target. In the last three runs, the year is 1973 and the bombs always fall short. All runs use Mk. 83s and have no wind.

https://streamable.com/gcugwn

Edit: This definitely seems Hornet-specific. I can't replicate the problem with any other aircraft I own that can carry dumb bombs (A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17).

ccip-test.zip

Edited by mrkline

Just a hunch, but guessing if you select a year prior to the release year of the F18 block we have in game, some systems won’t work (INS for example).

Ive tried some use made missions/ campaigns for the hornet that were dated earlier (80s)which caused issues with several systems. So changing the date will restore all systems

Edited by Dagger71

I have no idea what INS would have to do with the CCIP impact point, though. (And even if it was related, how would the INS drift sufficiently 30 seconds into an air-start mission?)

I assume that until AGR ranging is implemented, slant range is just calculated with a raycast.

Edited by mrkline

See what results you get for 2000 or so, it might well be the lack of GPS that is doing funky things.

That’s what I said. The F18 is the only module (that I know of) that turns off different systems depending on the year chosen. Systems are era dependent and most importantly they are not replaced with an earlier version, they are either turned off or on completely based on the year chosen.

If so , then it's a feature , not a bug , and a very cool one at that !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

• ED Team

Hi all,

I have reported for the team to check,

There should be accuracy fall off over time if you are not aligning, degradation shouldn't be greater than 1.5 nm/hour for INS.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...
  • BIGNEWY changed the title to CCIP accuracy changes depending on mission year
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic