Pilot Body Update from Aug, 18th

IronMike

On 1/14/2022 at 3:43 PM, IronMike said:

Ya'll should be just super happy that we did not choose to scan my body for the pilot body -> visibility: zero. 😄

If your body scan is ever implemented, first thing I’m gonna do is press the <Backspace> key and watch you wince. 

• Like 1

Viewpoints are my own.

Well i have a wish. Could you give us with the -95 a default VF-84 1978-1979 USS NIMITZ livery (with the  horizontal stabilizers and the flaps painted light grey / white or whatever this color is).  The F-14A looks  so badass in that livery. And to stay on topic (😀), yeah the patches on the pilot body are cool to. 

Edited by jaguara5

I would love to see a Miramar mod with hangars and the like from the airbase. I remember there was some payware that did it for FS2004 or something it was fun. I know we don’t have a map of California but maybe for the Nevada map it would be a lot of fun 🤩  

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

6 hours ago, westr said:

I would love to see a Miramar mod with hangars and the like from the airbase. I remember there was some payware that did it for FS2004 or something it was fun. I know we don’t have a map of California but maybe for the Nevada map it would be a lot of fun 🤩  

What has this got to remotely do with the pilot body feature? 

Edited by Gunslinger22

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

it hasn't but chill out its no big deal

Edited by westr

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

• 3 weeks later...

im going to make a request here and im not sure if its possible but but it seems like HB want to implement a pilot body with animations which sounds ground breaking and great but i have a feeling it could be taxing on my pc and my pc is quite powerful, I can just about maintain 45fps in vr with the Tomcat, I know a lot struggle with fps in the tomcat, not sure if it would be possible to toggle animations on or off? 

Edited by westr
  • Like 1

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

1 hour ago, westr said:

im going to make a request here and im not sure if its possible but but it seems like HB want to implement a pilot body with animations which sounds ground breaking and great but i have a feeling it could be taxing on my pc and my pc is quite powerful, I can just about maintain 45fps in vr with the Tomcat, I know a lot struggle with fps in the tomcat, not sure if it would be possible to toggle animations on or off? 

An animation doesn't take any performance from your system.
The polygons and textures for the Pilot Body do.

14 hours ago, VFlip said:

An animation doesn't take any performance from your system.
The polygons and textures for the Pilot Body do.

Actually animations do as well, eats quite a lot of CPU cycles afaik particularly skeletal ones depending on quality / frames. May not impact a game like DCS very since you wont render 100 moving pilots.

• Like 1

Am 14.1.2022 um 19:30 schrieb kaneda06:

this is where we can talk for hours and hours 95% of VR gamers can no longer play without the body

you don't play in VR so it's hard for you to understand 😉

everyone sees noon at their door as we say at home. but it is not important for you, it is for others and vice versa ^^

so im one of those 5% ? i fly now since 5 years in VR, and i never needed i pilot body

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/22/2022 at 9:25 PM, Gypsy 1-1 said:

Guess they are busy modelling the Typhoon and the F4 😉 

Would be nice to get some info it’s now Mar 2022. I know we are told it’s being worked on and it’s not an easy process but a little update a glimpse of what has been done maybe. 

• Like 1

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

• 4 weeks later...

Just read todays news, coming to the next OB for the F14 These range from visual features such as the new cockpit pilot models to some of the remaining key features including advanced jamming effects on the radar and associated displays”.

Does this mean we will finally get in cockpit pilot bodies HB? 

Edited by westr

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

1 hour ago, westr said:

Just read todays news, coming to the next OB for the F14 These range from visual features such as the new cockpit pilot models to some of the remaining key features including advanced jamming effects on the radar and associated displays”.

Does this mean we will finally get in cockpit pilot bodies HB? 

I saw the newsletter too. Did it say these changes were coming in the next OB? Maybe I missed that.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:00 PM, Cobra847 said:

Hey guys, it's not in this patch which is a smaller maintenance F-14 patch- the wording in the newsletter is a bit confusing. It's close now though- and unless something ignites, you should see it in the May F-14 patch. 🙂

Have you implemented the animated in cockpit VR pilots? 

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

19 hours ago, westr said:

Have you implemented the animated in cockpit VR pilots? 

Why do you call it VR pilot? VR is just a display type and pilot is just a 3D object in the game.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

18 hours ago, Germane said:

I wonder if it might be a bit confusing in VR, since the camera sits a bit lower than the actual head position.

Luckily DCS allows you to change the default camera position quite easily 🙂

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Raven (Elysian Angel):

Luckily DCS allows you to change the default camera position quite easily 🙂

In this case, it is not quite so simple. In the "real" head position, the HUD displays are rendered incorrectly. They are only displayed correctly for the "low" position.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, draconus said:

Why do you call it VR pilot? VR is just a display type and pilot is just a 3D object in the game.

Well its not a VR pilot no, but there is a difference between updated pilot models and the 1st person cockpit view pilot body, so I guess I just describe it as VR pilot because it is more noticeable that is missing in VR compared to 2d monitor output.   

• Like 2

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO