Trigger multiple radio transmissions to mimic com with wingman

Lookiss

Sorry if this has been addressed already. I couldn't find anything searching the forum.

Essentially I'd like to set several radio transmissions between me and my wingman on the UFH AM freq (or any other), to be triggered by flags or zones. From what I was able to find, I can have a radio transmission start triggered by a flag (either through a radio item F10 or "Start wait user response"). And each time stop the transmission in a next trigger, for example time since flag x. I enter multiple zones from which the transmissions are being emitted, according to the where the planes are. In theory this should work, but it's quite convoluted...

I know, the easy solution would be "message to group'", but then frequency of your radio doesn't matter.

I can also enter a trigger command for the unit itself and have it triggered by AI TASK PUSH. But what if I have multiple transmissions? You can't set condition flags in there.

And then there's the radio transmissions you can set as advanced waypoint actions with flags. But I assume these are valid as from that WP, but what if they're triggered when you're far past that WP. Will they still work?

I'd like to experiment with that, but maybe someone already has and could spare me the headache :). I have a feeling the solution will be a combination of all of the above depending on the situation in the particular phase of the mission. Any tips are welcome.

What I would consider the easiest way would be to create multiple triggered actions for the group that will be sending the messages.

When the event that initiates the dialogue occurs, set a flag. Then use TIME SINCE FLAG to determine when it is time for the next piece of dialogue, and use another AI TASK PUSH trigger to send the second message.

If you want branching dialogue, use RADIO ITEM ADD and create different flags for each choice and time out the next action from that new flag after the player chooses.

Edited by feefifofum

What I would consider the easiest way would be to create multiple triggered actions for the group that will be sending the messages.

When the event that initiates the dialogue occurs, set a flag. Then use TIME SINCE FLAG to determine when it is time for the next piece of dialogue, and use another AI TASK PUSH trigger to send the second message.

If you want branching dialogue, use RADIO ITEM ADD and create different flags for each choice and time out the next action from that new flag after the player chooses.

Ok thanks for that input.

In the end I went for a combination of everything, but it's hard to keep track when checking and re-checking everything in the trigger table. For my next mission I'm just going to use the radio transmissions and create zones near where the transmission occurs, and flags to stop transmission.

I remember reading that ED was working on "Message to group", but with a frequency option. That would be easier, since you wouldn't need to stop the transmission each time.

The most realistic way is to set up triggered actions for a unit using the right frequency. Perform command - transmit message. That was you can add subtitles too. Like the freq is 252, so you add a Humvee or a C-17 orbiting, and assign all the radio transmissions to it.

This doesn't always work in DCS , it sometimes gets corrupted or messed up otherwise. A safer way is to set up "Sound to all" and "Message to all" triggers, but then the player is not forced to be on the right frequency.

This doesn't always work in DCS , it sometimes gets corrupted or messed up otherwise. A safer way is to set up "Sound to all" and "Message to all" triggers, but then the player is not forced to be on the right frequency.

Don't forget, you can make sure the player is on the correct freq and still do a sound to all if you put in the conditions the "COMM1_FREQ" = 123.4

(or whatever the parameter is for your aircraft). That way the audio won't fire unless the radio is tuned to the correct freq