[LATER IN EARLY ACCESS] Why is the ECM not even on the roadmap ?

RyukoSoan

AFAIK its still planned. But you also have to consider DCS EW is very poor; as an example neither the F-16 or F-18 radars are effected by ECM. Perhaps ED just doesnt think its worth spending time to add an ECM that has little to no effect on gamplay (not until it gets some kind of update anyway)?

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

AFAIK its still planned. But you also have to consider DCS EW is very poor; as an example neither the F-16 or F-18 radars are effected by ECM. Perhaps ED just doesnt think its worth spending time to add an ECM that has little to no effect on gamplay (not until it gets some kind of update anyway)?

So just to clarify - FA18's have the disadvantage of not being able to use ECM - but the advantage of ECM not affecting them either?

... asking for a friend. :smilewink:

So just to clarify - FA18's have the disadvantage of not being able to use ECM - but the advantage of ECM not affecting them either?

... asking for a friend. :smilewink:

Parents with two kids. You know which is loved more and who got the presents for Christmas. :-)

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

Did really no one thought that ECM is important ? Some features on the roadmap are not even that important.. seeing that useless ECM panel on my plane hurts me hard.

Which roadmap are you talking about? The main one that's still stickied in this forum includes: "AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods"

• Like 1

It does have quiet an impact on gameplay (in multiplayer at least) and with the F-16, F/A-18 and F-14 being immune to jamming having an unfair and unrealistic advantage! :(

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It does have quiet an impact on gameplay (in multiplayer at least) and with the F-16, F/A-18 and F-14 being immune to jamming gives them an unfair and unrealistic advantage! :(

Yeah sadly this.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 4 weeks later...