AV-8B Status

Prowler111

Thanks for clarification Prowler, but I really need to known if Razbam will be more present on forum, if we can expect some feedback not only on Harrier section, but in all RB modules.

Who will provide feedback on Razbam section of forum?

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

You don't have to do double work... Just communicate with your customers then do your recode.

The amount of time isn't the issue. The issue was total silence, then what seemed (to some) to be a sneaky removal of the early access tag.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Edited by StandingCow

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

He is making an effort to reach out to you now, be it late, or whatever, the point is, try to be nice and respectful, if you have concerns, ask them in a constructive manner, if you are not going to try and open a decent dialogue, then there is no use commenting here.

I understand what you are getting at and I've played the game with Razbam before. Just be happy that someone answers. Not one more time! However, I Just keep quiet now.

Edited by Cornelius

Ron, your behaviour in the last few days was very unprofessional. Hiding yourself in your Discord and FB page. Channels were you can control what is posted there. It was not a very smart move.

There is a complete breach of trust for a lot of Customers. Trust is what we, your customers, need to PAY you in advance. Usually we PAY, you DELIVER at the same time.

Why is so important for you to move the AV-8B out of early access?

For the customers is very important. Out of early access means that is feature complete.

For us, the Customers, Out of early access means that the missing features will be never introduced. So, you are breaking the deal between you and your customers.

And you are still asking for trust?

Hilarious.

:megalol:

Ron, your behaviour in the last few days was very unprofessional. Hiding yourself in your Discord and FB page. Channels were you can control what is posted there. It was not a very smart move.

There is a complete breach of trust for a lot of Customers. Trust is what we, your customers, need to PAY you in advance. Usually we PAY, you DELIVER at the same time.

For the customers is very important. Out of early access means that is feature complete.

For us, the Customers, Out of early access means that the missing features will be never introduced. So, you are breaking the deal between you and your customers.

And you are still asking for trust?

Hilarious.

Hi ,

Hope you are well. apologies for chiming in, BUT the community complained you had no correspondence from Ron/ Razbam on an official level and now he shares some news/info you crucify him.

Also you may wish to re-read the message from Ron as it states :

It’s a studied decision from both parties that also involves a high degree of confidence from ED towards (in this particular case) us that we will continue support, bug fixing and adding features even those not mentioned in the description page

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

It’s a studied decision from both parties that also involves a high degree of confidence from ED towards (in this particular case) us that we will continue support, bug fixing and adding features even those not mentioned in the description page

Well, i hope we all agree that this was not the best approach to get the AV8 out of EA,

in advance, posting the bugfix plan, combined with rolling out the most important bugfixes as introduction for a "we are pushing AV8 out of EA" and all of this hassle would have been avoided.

Lets hope this is a lessons learned for all of us.

Stay safe and all the best

Hi ,

Hope you are well. apologies for chiming in, BUT the community complained you had no correspondence from Ron/ Razbam on an official level and now he shares some news/info you crucify him.

I was on the team was not mad at all with Harrier, but Decoy approach is getting me furious. He think we all need to thanks every single bit of attention of Razbam. And criticism and complain is just toxic and wrong.

I really don't care anymore with Harrier, Mirage and so on...

Computer: Potato

Modules: FC3 | M2000C | A/V8B | Viggen | F-5E | F-14B | F-16C | F/A-18 | A-10C | Supercarrier :mad::mad: | UH-1 | MI-8 | Gazelle | KA-50

Hi ,

Dear Decoy.

it is not a crucifixion. Take out of early access the Harrier is an strange move. Why? If you said that it is feature complete, you can check the Community bugtracker.

Why do you need to take out of early access the Harrier at any cost?

Why did you take the Harrier out of early access without any publicity?

Why It took almost a week to publish an official statement from Ron in the Official Forums?

All this issue is very strange Decoy.

What´s the difference for Razbam to keep or move the Harrier out from Early access?

Adding features even those not mentioned in the description page? Well, First deliver the features of the description page, and then, we can talk again about promises or about new modules.

Edited by Sajarov
typos

:megalol:

Hi ,

Decoy,

Pardon us for assuming it was implied that a request for a statement from Prowler would address the concerns that were actually raised.

This didn't. It addressed a strawman argument that further indicates a misunderstanding on Razbam's part (see my post a page ago). There was no real presumption that moving the module out of early access meant it wouldn't be worked on anymore, and yet that is the area Ron is focusing on in what appears to be an attempt to discredit or deflect the point that it doesn't yet meet the product description.

What is it, if not hiding on Discord, when Ron posts replies directed to me personally with screencaps of my posts here, to "focus on the facts" and not on a narrative, in the one place I wouldn't even be able to see if not for others letting me know?

Ron's not being "crucified," he is being asked to take responsibility and be honest. That you and Razbam conflate these things is concerning.

Does Razbam not consider it important to actually say the word "sorry" for their mishandling of the situation? And by the way, the majority of us didn't think the module wouldn't be worked on anymore. If Razbam had even read the other giant thread, they would see the main theme is "it's missing features".

Exactly. The thread was about Early Access phase and the overall purpose of the Early Access as what Eagle Dynamics allows (and uses itself as well) with a purpose to help studio to gain funding for coming months/years, while the software product is to be worked on to meet the features and quality that are defined in the product sale description.

It was not about "Okay, Harrier is now finished, completed and no more updates" but what is the condition of the software product that is given on this moment.

If Early Access is Phase 1 and after that starts Phase 2 that is fixing minor bugs, polishing the product and maintaining it, then the thread was only about Phase 1, not about that Phase 2 would never happen. Just that Phase 2 shouldn't start before Phase 1 is completed.

I believe that 99% of the people in that thread understood that it was about Early Access itself, not that Harrier would stay as is for next 10 years.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Prowler, I would highly appreciate it if this could be an discussion about the still open concerns the community have - and not a "the king has spoken, now shut up and obey" situation.

It is correct that the community asked for an official statement, and I gues everyone highly appreciate that you've done this. But when you adress nearly none of the problem points, or treat them only superficial, then it is no wonder that the rumours continue...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

I'm glad to have RAZBAM post in here and layout some of the upcoming plans. And, even more so, I like to see the AV-8B Ready for Release list. Thanks for that.

However I would have liked Ron to have at least recognized the Harrier's lack of meaningful progress (however you want to paint it, the progress on the Harrier has been unacceptable, in my opinion), and the almost total lack of involvement by Razbam on this forum. I understand that there have been some loud, hard voices in here, but with regards to the module itself they have been mostly accurate. Besides, the quiet majority still paid for the module too and deserve some developer communication, not to mention a fully developed, working module. The users posting in the bugs forum are actually doing some the developer's work for them, so ignoring them seems particularly inappropriate.

This post feels like another list of promises. The Harrier has suffered from very little talk, and even less walk - to put it crassly. I hope with ED's more active involvement this module will keep moving steadily forwards. There's so much good work gone into the Harrier and we all want it to be a stellar addition to DCS. Sometime soon, for preference.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

Hang on. Please correct me if I've missed the point here: Literally nobody asked about SVG. They asked about missing features and bug fixes for a module surreptitiously hauled out of EA and into a 'feature complete' state.

And now, because you're apparently delivering on bug fixes this causes a delay in other work.

So it's all our fault?

smh

Hi ,

Decoy,

Not sure what planet you live on (or why you continue to act as Razbam's PR defender, but that's a separate topic), but the community has made it crystal clear what our major concerns were with Razbam, and none of them were addressed by Prowler's post. I don't know why it's necessary to regurgitate what has already been repeatedly stated, but it seems you still don't understand, so I'll summarize:

1. We're upset because the Harrier was labeled "feature complete" when it was missing features listed on its product page. We are NOT upset because of the reason Prowler gave, that which was "based on the false presumption that it means the module as being 'a done deal' hence no more work or bug support/fixes will continue". Anyone that read the 64 page thread in its entirety wouldn't even remotely think that.

2. We're upset that Razbam employees blamed not only ED for the module releasing from early access, but also their own customers. Prowler himself made statements comparing customer dissatisfaction with a "shit storm in a glass of water". There are screenshots detailing all of this. It's not secret.

3. We're unhappy because Razbam ignored several long-standing bugs that have been reported to them for years.

If you get repeatedly slapped by someone and then they hand you some ice cream but never say sorry, that isn't an apology. That isn't trust-building behavior. You don't seem to grasp the basic fundamentals of minimal public relations or good customer service.

Just because Prowler gave us a changelist that has been LONG overdue, that doesn't erase all the poor reputation they've accrued, and it doesn't excuse Prowler's behavior towards us from last week.

The first word in his post should have been "sorry". That word doesn't appear anywhere in his post. Not once. Think about that.

Nothing like that is happening here. You are not helping here at all.

Razbam (and as You have clarified that you have nothing to do with Razbam anymore, so you can't not talk behalf of them at all) has made a statement in start of this thread, as official reply to the major thread about questioning Razbam actions, plans, and asking changes to their communication methods with customers and spend time to communicate primarily the customers here in the official DCS Forum.

The post starts with accusations, avoidance and excuses.

There has been quite a controversy about the DCS:

and pretty much all of it is based on the false presumption

As stated before, it is a false idea.

It’s a studied decision from both parties that also involves a high degree of confidence from ED towards (in this particular case) us that we will continue support,

One clear example is the M-2000C module which has

many features and functionalities were not seen yet in DCS, no corners were cut, but a lot of clever coding was made in order to replicate the systems that we were allowed to do so without stepping into very sensitive toes

As time passed by, DCS evolved again into a more systems implementation friendly platform( as you can see in the complex system of the F/A-18 Hornet and the F-16 Viper) and new way of adding code appeared, but we kept dragging our “old school” code until it was time to move forward into the new way of do things.

Track IR was still the mandatory peripheral of choice for immersion, and VR setups was something new and not so popular (and affordable) as it is currently,

(side note, at August 4th 2017 it was in various blogs how Harrier is soon to be released to Early Access as Razbam is teasing about it, in 2017 a Oculus CV1 that was top end VR HMD back then at 449€ and how do I know this? I purchased CV1 14. December 2016. And Rift S that is one of the cheapest at this moment is still at the same price in 2020!)

So, a decision was made, it’s time to rewrite the entire AV-8B code so it can perdure (in this regard, the M-2000C current code is newer than the AV-8B current code)

(Was that announced here, informed and told to DCS users that Harrier is having its whole code being rewritten, why its updates are delayed? I honestly have not read that thing here at all! Please someone tell if they have?)

it was decided to move from old school texture map (DDS/TGA) screens into SVG.

(Who was asking about SVG? Overall HUD rendering engines as major problem in Harrier? Why to explain that now and not back then in the forums?)

What is SVG and how it relates to DCS?

(Do not look what the left hand is doing).

Let me do a simple reformatting of the status post:

(bold is mine, just as an example, please bear with me to get the point.)

Dear Customers,

I apologize you all from the lack of news and responses to bug reports, questions and everything in the Official Forum. As you know, we lost our Community Manager while back and that has set us back staying in touch with you. I would like to explain the recent history and the upcoming changes in the Razbam. Hopefully you all will understand, but if you have more questions, please post them to this thread and I try to answer best with my abilities.

Currently we have been reorganizing the development team structures in company. The last year has been hard for us by the lack of time that was required to meet the product releases and prepare for upcoming products. We had new programmer hired to company to help us in the existing modules, and it has taken more time than anticipated to get up to speed. The major part has been that we have been rewriting the whole Harrier codebase (that is older than the M2000 code) to new API that ED has developed with more advanced radar functions, graphics engine updates and other major features that are coming. We couldn't just port old code to the project and it has set us back heavily, what has required all programmers to adapt to new ways and solve old problems in new way to get things working better.

It came as major surprised to us what the new API makes possible to us, like a new designs to improve the code and get Harrier to better state than we had it to this date, this has been major problem for us as we have not had time to communicate with you all enough about these programming challenges as we have wanted, but it is not excuse that we didn't inform you at all. Apologies from that. Now on you should be informed more about these.

As we are still waiting lots of new features coming from Eagle Dynamics, including the missing weapons that we mentioned in product description, they are to be included in future at the end of the Early Access, as well the up coming - soon to be finished and really waited full Manual.

We heard you loud and clear. Your opinions and statements about our decision to push Harrier out of the Early Access is noted, and you might have been correct about it being too soon. As we promised to you that we are going to complete M2000C, AV-8B Harrier and MiG-19P at the end of the 2020 and before that happens we are not going to release any new modules, we are still going to honor that. As it has come aware to all of us that Harrier is not ready to be released from Early Access, we have decided that we will pull it back, keep working to fix it, and implement the major missing features and functions, before we evaluate its status again to be released from Early Access.

All of us thank you from your patience, and that you still have the passion toward AV-8B N/A Harrier.

A lot work is front of us to do in this year, and we are required to ask more patience while we are rewriting the code. ED is helping us with the bug reports, and we ask that you do not stop sending those, but please check first has those been reported earlier so we and ED has less time spent to process duplicates.

The major change we decided to do, is to create every week a updated post about Harrier (and other modules in their corresponding forums). It will be a closed thread (like Hornet updates) but it will be status report of progress and then more detailed information for the patch logs when DCS Open Beta gets updates. We are currently in search for a new Community Manager that would help us to know about your wishes and questions, and help us to explain better the development phases. And our dream is that at the end of 2020 we get Harrier out of the Early Access as promised.

Thank you.

In the coming weeks you’ll see a flow of bug fixes in each changelog, I can’t put an estimate on when we’ll get the new code lines and SVG ready, but is our hope to get things moving in this regard shortly.

Here is a list of current bug fix/enhancements that will be available in the coming DCS updates (some are already available):

AV-8B Ready for Release This Week (Expected Patch 9/16):

- Added vertical tail damage parts and fragments

- Added INS course set keybinds

- Added DMT now slaved to AIM-9 seeker

- Fixed erratic control functionality with altimeter adjustments

- Fixed erratic control functionality with CRS knob adjustments

- Fixed Comm channel selector not sequencing correctly

- Fixed TPOD still in power-up mode when starting initial conditions to in-air or engines on

- Fixed HUD reject logic behavior inverted

- Fixed AGM-122 Sidearm seeker not aligning with RWR source signal

- Fixed AIM-9 Sidewinder incorrectly firing when cycling from AG to AA then back to AG

- Fixed damage model issue where parts would not fragment off

- Fixed damage model issue where weapons would sometimes remain on destroyed wings

AV-8B Pending Updates:

- Added ADI cage toggle keybind

- Added ADI pitch adjust keybinds

- Added GBU-32 JDAM

- Added GBU-54 Laser JDAM

- Fixed removed incorrect HUD limitations for AGM-122 Sidearm ready-for-release

- Fixed rudder trim in-cockpit switch not operating

- Fixed rudder trim indication in cockpit and in controls indicator

- Fixed SSS Left should now sequentially cycle between EHSD centered, EHSD decentered, and ECM pages

- Fixed ECM page not returning to the original MPCD format

- Fixed missing seat height adjustment control. Seat model animation work-in-progress

- Fixed EHSD course over ground incorrect in Mag heading mode

- Fixed EHSD decenter display overlay getting mis-placed

- Fixed default rocket range profile values inverted

- Fixed EHSD moving map on MPCD too bright

- Fixed Left MPCD brightness control not operating correctly

- Fixed Right MPCD brightness control not operating correctly

- Fixed EHSD resulting in symbology misplaced when zoom set to AUTO

- Fixed RWR still partially functioning when turned off

- Fixed RWR minimum volume too loud

- Fixed missing RWR power/volume knob adjustment increments

- Fixed pull-up cue not occurring when selected

- Fixed dual rack bombs not releasing in the correct order

- Fixed top-right rocker switch on left MPCD bleeding into bezel

- Fixed scaling of HUD repeater on MPCD to be correct size

- Fixed font for EHSD to be correct size

- Fixed engine efficiency table error at extremely high altitudes that was resulting in higher than expected thrust loss

- Fixed SAAHS paddle disable incorrectly resetting stick trim position and not resetting rudder trim and will now correctly restore rudder trim when released

- Fixed Speedbrake logic based on SME information to extend as long as OUT is pressed and will fully retract when IN is pressed (Allows for partial extension but will always fully retract)

- Fixed aircraft diverting in some cases prior to maneuvering tone envelope

- Fixed infinite coefficient values in some conditions of large body angular rates (out of control)

- Modified structural load damage to no longer be instantaneous, now require sustained over-tolerance for structural (wing) failure

- Modified TPOD axis dead-zone to be slightly reduced

I also included some pics of the new VR pilot body, which is a very much work in progress.

Hope that this covers most of your questions regarding the current and future state of our AV-8B module.

Nothing like that is happening here. You are not helping here at all.

Razbam (and as You have clarified that you have nothing to do with Razbam anymore, so you can't not talk behalf of them at all)

Where did I state it was official , that's right I didn't I simply copied a part of Ron's message !!!!

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Hi ,

Chickensim has this completely accurate as well.

With all due respect decoy, its only when the community reaches the precipice every time that we actually hear any communication from Ron, or even Larry for that matter. In all honestly its not like this transpired out of nowhere.

Thank you for your time. Best of luck in your endeavors

What is razbams plan to build: a fully functional ARBS/DMT, fully functional CCIP/AUTO modes, to include the toss bombing functionality as well as moving target and wind compensation?

Is it possible to have a crystal clear official answer to this question? That would help a lot the community to understand.

Where did I state it was official , that's right I didn't I simply copied a part of Ron's message !!!!

Where did I say that you are the official spoke person here? Nowhere.

I stated very clearly that this whole thread starts with a official statement from Razbam! Not from you! There is nothing for you to get upset.

Please, avoid defending Razbam and making accusations that crucifixion is done here.

You are not helping by accusing people from stuff that is not happening!

You have made very clear that you have NOTHING to do with Razbam anymore. So it could be wise to step a side when community wants to get the communication problems solved with Razbam, answers for the questions from over a week lasting thread (that has questions that were not answered like at all in official statement). If someone starts specifically to talk about your Community Manager actions when you hold that position, then it is different case.

First of all, thank you, Ron, for taking a statement to the current situation, very much appreciated icon_razz.gif

I just have to wonder, why nobody ever thought about telling us, they are shooting for a complete code rewrite and try to get a big overhaul done? That's great news. I mean this did not hurt anyone, just be open about these obstacles and pushbacks. The silence only gives room for wild speculation, suspicion and negativity.

That's a very much true point there and literally the essence here. Room for speculation was left and it went haywire, sadly fluttershysad.png

systems that you aren't "allowed to" model

Maybe something to consider, for both RAZBAM and ED, since the latter to have a contract with Boeing, quoting Wags here, "not just for the Hornet": Reach out with ED's help to get the most you could possibly get to support your work on the module. Same goes for the F-15E. You might already have done that in some way, but it's never wrong to keep trying, and please, do it with ED at your side. Wags is a world class master at doing this, go ahead and take that for our all advantage! icon_idea.gif

Had you stayed present on these forums with sort of material instead of teasers for future projects, I think we would be in a better place.

I look forward to seeing you and Larry on these forums on a regular basis.

Same here. And to be honest: I do want to see those monthly update videos again. With those, posted here, you'll keep your comms on track just fine. I think it was a great format for you guys to explain us your progress, while showing some new 3d things in the background. That was very much appreciated! cheerilee.png

How to do a good progress report?

1) Open a notepad

2) Type with a dash for each point you want to inform.

3) Create a new thread / post in this forum and paste that content there.

4) Do it at least weekly or add when possible.

More often you do it, less you need to write down. Keeping notepad open and spend every day a minute or two to write down the few lines is a lot and major part of the customer will value it when they see progress is being made.

Everyone who has gone to military should have already learn the basics about how to do reports. It is not really difficult.

Actually, I had to do that within my apprenticeship, for every single day. Admittedly, I was rather bad at this, but I constantly had to work significant overtime and they simply didn't let me write the stuff up at work, so I ended up having to do that at home, which sucked. But nevertheless, it's regulated by laws here that these logs shall be written. Not a bad practice I'd say in retrospect rainbowdashwink.png

This should be my favourite module as it is one of my favourite aircraft - but until there is an actual simulation of the DMT and ARBS system, it will be considered unfinished in my mind.

Promises on the actual store page are not completed - the ARBS simulation is non-existant and instead relies on Flaming Cliffs style magical ground lock.

I can pretty much agree here as the ARBS/DMT literally is the heart of this Harrier variant. That's the thing that should definately be modelled as accurate as possible. Period. luna-trcv.png

Does Razbam not consider it important to actually say the word "sorry" for their mishandling of the situation?

That would have been a very important step, yes. But well, I'll say something on that further down... rainbowdashwink.png

I.e. no one ever asked about SVG. Its cool, but literally no one asked about that.

Respectfully I want an answer on this, and I am far from the only one asking about this.

What is razbams plan to build: a fully functional ARBS/DMT, fully functional CCIP/AUTO modes, to include the toss bombing functionality as well as moving target and wind compensation?

None of this should fall under some "secret" system, the ARBS was literally patented in 1970. It is not "secret" technology. And should be modeled with all its limitations/problems to a high level.

I get the thing with "nobody:", but to be fair, it probably was a mandatory step to go with to pave the way for any further development, that also being the F-15E and the AV-8B+ as very much possibly the ED radar tech heavily depends on that, as well as other nice things that could be used from the API, which eventually will save RAZBAM a ton of work in long terms.

As stated above, I totally agree with the ARBS/DMT as well as CCIP/AUTO and toss modes things. All that is the basics of this very Harrier model and should be in the sim appropriately salute.png

I guess herein lies the problem, combined with the lack of comms thereabout. They made a promise not to release new modules into EA without having taken out the existing ones of just that, and probably they simply wanted to meet that promise. The way they did could have been better though, as most users expected "out of EA" being feature complete and since it at the same time means something like "being released", it clearly gets understood as "out of beta" and not just "out of alpha" which it technically isn't even since there's still features to be added. It's a terminology issue we have here and more clarity would have been profound, especially since the terms used here by ED and the 3rd parties are not what's commonly understood rainbowdashwink.png

So basically, it went from "Early Access" to "Product Sustainment" which literally still doesn't mean it's complete at all as it's bein worked on furtherly twi-notbad.png

What is it, if not hiding on Discord, when Ron posts replies directed to me personally with screencaps of my posts here, to "focus on the facts" and not on a narrative, in the one place I wouldn't even be able to see if not for others letting me know?

One has to say, this guy does have a point here. RAZBAM should go and take the first step to unban people that have been excluded from their channels in anger since probably many of them didn't deserve that to happen. Combined with a sincere apology. Both parties have done their bad, but it would certainly be the right way for RAZBAM to go ahead and initiate boiling things down. Having people banned doesn't help anyone unless those acted utterly childish without being reasonable at all. Friendship lessons have to be learnt even by adults to say the least icon_exclaim.gif

If you get repeatedly slapped by someone and then they hand you some ice cream but never say sorry, that isn't an apology. That isn't trust-building behavior.

Hey, you just reminded me how working in the free capitalist market actually looks like rdlaugh.png

I'm rather glad to be out of that due to health things, but I'd still love to be able to afford things more... icon_redface.gif

Let me do a simple reformatting of the status post:

(bold is mine, just as an example, please bear with me to get the point.)

Dear Customers,

I apologize you all from the lack of news and responses to bug reports, questions and everything in the Official Forum. As you know, we lost our Community Manager while back and that has set us back staying in touch with you. I would like to explain the recent history and the upcoming changes in the Razbam. Hopefully you all will understand, but if you have more questions, please post them to this thread and I try to answer best with my abilities.

Currently we have been reorganizing the development team structures in company. The last year has been hard for us by the lack of time that was required to meet the product releases and prepare for upcoming products. We had new programmer hired to company to help us in the existing modules, and it has taken more time than anticipated to get up to speed. The major part has been that we have been rewriting the whole Harrier codebase (that is older than the M2000 code) to new API that ED has developed with more advanced radar functions, graphics engine updates and other major features that are coming. We couldn't just port old code to the project and it has set us back heavily, what has required all programmers to adapt to new ways and solve old problems in new way to get things working better.

It came as major surprised to us what the new API makes possible to us, like a new designs to improve the code and get Harrier to better state than we had it to this date, this has been major problem for us as we have not had time to communicate with you all enough about these programming challenges as we have wanted, but it is not excuse that we didn't inform you at all. Apologies from that. Now on you should be informed more about these.

As we are still waiting lots of new features coming from Eagle Dynamics, including the missing weapons that we mentioned in product description, they are to be included in future at the end of the Early Access, as well the up coming - soon to be finished and really waited full Manual.

We heard you loud and clear. Your opinions and statements about our decision to push Harrier out of the Early Access is noted, and you might have been correct about it being too soon. As we promised to you that we are going to complete M2000C, AV-8B Harrier and MiG-19P at the end of the 2020 and before that happens we are not going to release any new modules, we are still going to honor that. As it has come aware to all of us that Harrier is not ready to be released from Early Access, we have decided that we will pull it back, keep working to fix it, and implement the major missing features and functions, before we evaluate its status again to be released from Early Access.

All of us thank you from your patience, and that you still have the passion toward AV-8B N/A Harrier.

A lot work is front of us to do in this year, and we are required to ask more patience while we are rewriting the code. ED is helping us with the bug reports, and we ask that you do not stop sending those, but please check first has those been reported earlier so we and ED has less time spent to process duplicates.

The major change we decided to do, is to create every week a updated post about Harrier (and other modules in their corresponding forums). It will be a closed thread (like Hornet updates) but it will be status report of progress and then more detailed information for the patch logs when DCS Open Beta gets updates. We are currently in search for a new Community Manager that would help us to know about your wishes and questions, and help us to explain better the development phases. And our dream is that at the end of 2020 we get Harrier out of the Early Access as promised.

Thank you.

That would have been a pretty well written example of how to put a statement appropriately to the situtation given, but sadly, noone ever does that in a company within the free market as being honest and admitting having done something wrong is a 100% guarantee to get you booted from either your job or the market itself. Sad, but true icon_sad.gif

The art is to read that in between the lines, let's be positive about the statement and look into a bright future anyway princess_celestia.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

After reading through it again and seeing what others are posting, i'm really impressed, Prowler. You managed to write that entire post without addressing anything that was discussed in the now closed thread.

I really hope that your rewrite of the Harrier is worth it. Because if that leads to the same "feature complete" we have now, then it will the biggest disappointment seen around here for a long time. And that includes the Christen Eagle reveal.

- Fixed erratic control functionality with altimeter adjustments

- Fixed erratic control functionality with CRS knob adjustments

- Fixed Comm channel selector not sequencing correctly

119570068_3288235141263101_8280611646174390630_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeGRjr4fpxm3wKkOjRLfOfuSmRXsfv0u7nmZFex-_S7ueSosbdciEzwfMJVLzjUQAFA&_nc_ohc=NWonMhShsSgAX9BZUzg&_nc_ht=scontent.fgye7-1.fna&oh=1f7c96f74684b1ceb505a791f411654f&oe=5F8618EA119514545_3288234734596475_5552626123821933318_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeFyA5u69lpLPs3jTHiUYPkgPya-pvkL3HQ_Jr6m-QvcdIdT0xrifo3vDEfIjOQ12_k&_nc_ohc=G8xpknpw5j4AX9pwMIR&_nc_ht=scontent.fgye7-1.fna&oh=656cc70fd96a2b85fae04724ab12b011&oe=5F8538C0119375824_3288235131263102_573955981533798096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeFidNIyGfh17Mn-9MfNeZW6B7MEqE5ANB8HswSoTkA0H-AUX5ZqLlNndeMuVjR605k&_nc_ohc=0zkg0-OlP-sAX8CzWyY&_nc_ht=scontent.fgye7-1.fna&oh=97233aa76fc73d6a060cbbad4322db73&oe=5F86D0FD119514799_3288234911263124_2101626341792399404_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeEcbIgiDRtEDjT_zxzL6-ELEameq0u_Y5QRqZ6rS79jlAXu6BX9x9h1KXEclDUKOts&_nc_ohc=pXBlIw9r-zsAX8aW0ZT&_nc_ht=scontent.fgye7-1.fna&oh=b55404452bff3f3c7d62d3306e4613d3&oe=5F869F8C119547323_3288234437929838_5424322567258345768_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_eui2=AeGqS9CyLJm4kYHVtlLQCOQDYP3tkmnoxWRg_e2SaejFZGlal_65prSiCXgfQprg4tE&_nc_ohc=Z4klpmn3g94AX8E6IwQ&_nc_ht=scontent.fgye7-1.fna&oh=c0f575146f35908414527606af7c8415&oe=5F845447

But you fixed these bugs! Only took ~3 years! Yay...

And completly off-topic: It is fun to see that both sides now have rabid defenders, makes for interesting threads.

After reading through it again and seeing what others are posting, i'm really impressed, Prowler. You managed to write that entire post without addressing anything that was discussed in the now closed thread.

I really hope that your rewrite of the Harrier is worth it. Because if that leads to the same "feature complete" we have now, then it will the biggest disappointment seen around here for a long time. And that includes the Christen Eagle reveal.

But you fixed these bugs! Only took ~3 years! Yay...

Yeah, unfortunately this is exactly the type of response I expected. "Look over here" at this shiny new distraction. And ignoring all the other issues people brought up, nothing really changes in that regard.

Maybe @nineline can get an answer on the whole ARBS/DMT thing that people have been asking about ad nauseum, that Razbam has been very specifically ignoring.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• ED Team
Yeah, unfortunately this is exactly the type of response I expected. "Look over here" at this shiny new distraction. And ignoring all the other issues people brought up, nothing really changes in that regard.

Maybe @nineline can get an answer on the whole ARBS/DMT thing that people have been asking about ad nauseum, that Razbam has been very specifically ignoring.

I am asking right now, I will try and get you an answer, I see you asked it on their Discord as well. so I will reply when I hear anything.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png