AV-8B Status

Prowler111

1 hour ago, Sceptre said:

Status is that this is a contender for my favourite module of DCS. It's in a really good state right now, and I absolutely love the harrier.

Mine to. If you have a passing interest in the Harrier you should pic this up. If your major concern is that there's one too many rivets on the LERX then this probably isn't the module for you. Harrier is useable in it's current form and is great fun. Is it missing some features? Yes, butthe dev has been pretty good at sorting things out, I'm lead to believe that some outstanding issues are waiting for ED input.

• Thanks 1

I think this Module is very well done. I used it as a stepping stone to the F-18. I found using the systems for Navigation, landing and deploying weapons very intuitive and easy to use, it helped immensely when I transitioned to the Hornet. I have used targeting Pods and FLIR NAV equipment in real life in the GR4, and its easier on the Harrier. I found the Harrier Module very good and I really like flying it. Like most systems there is more than one way to do some thing and the Harrier shows that too. Keep up the goods work.

• Like 1

I know I'm having a hell of a lot of fun with it.

Was there a recent update to the module?  DCS downloaded an update and some things are different but I can't find a change log.  Probably user error but any help would be appreciated!

<Update> Never mind, I found them.

Edited by EvilTodd
Update

one of these changes wasn't to the throttle, was it? I can't find any reference to it, but just recently the throttle has stopped responding on my warthog throttle (no, it's not the WH throttle - works as intended in other modules). The nozzles are still movable with the other axis, but the throttle doesn't do anything.

1 hour ago, orcrist said:

one of these changes wasn't to the throttle, was it? I can't find any reference to it, but just recently the throttle has stopped responding on my warthog throttle (no, it's not the WH throttle - works as intended in other modules). The nozzles are still movable with the other axis, but the throttle doesn't do anything.

Parking  brake dude, I had the same problem. Was confused until I realised the parking  brake is on when you start on ramp , ready to go. Release it and you're good to go. 

Also, I assigned a button on my throttle to release the brake because it's a bitch to find. It's too dark in that section of the cockpit and clicking around you can quite easily click on the fuel cutoff. 

Edited by Bbow

The Harrier is a brilliant module, and if you have an interest in the Harrier it is an essential module for any flight sim enthusiast. It’s also the only STOVL jet in DCS which adds a different dimension to landings, something different to think about and learn. Aerial refuelling is tricky but achievable having the probe over your shoulder, VR helps but it’s challenging. It holds a nice variation of weapons, it doesn’t carry much fuel, so you have to think about that and manage it as well, you also can’t land with too much fuel. Looks and runs brilliantly in VR if you are a VR user. There is a lot to love about Razbams harrier as far as I’m concerned and I would recommend it definitely. 

• Like 3

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Agree, harrier is a fun module to fly, a unique experience, though it has some bugs (like any other module). My IMHO is that RAZBAM became much more user-oriented and hope quality oriented lately. I hope they will continue investing in quality and earn a lot of money 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Could we get something like a status-update again without major complaints forcing razbam into a statement? Perhaps once a month or at least quarterly?

I am coming back to the Harrier ever now and since because i like it for no good reason. Think it is the potential i see in it.

If i understand it right it is now out of early access. Training Missions are partially broken... (Wheel Chocks) Or do not even exist (GBU54) Instruments /Switches are partially broken (CRS Switch) and the manual only exists... well... partially. (First three chapters which pretty much only show the plane and name the switches) And that after more or less four years of development.

Oh yes... and i did not even needed to mention the endless joy and fun with the TPOD (HOTAS-Mode) which i pulled out of a youtube comment.

I am sorry for my English. I am not a native speaker. What especially makes the Harrier demanding. What ever i try to understand i have so sort out if i miss understood something or if it is an error i made or if it is a bug or if it is something that was “right in the past” but changed or if it is something new not documented at all but a foot note in a patch note.

So. Could we PLEASE get ANYTHING in 2021 that is up to date that i can follow without google and youtube the 💩 out of the web?

Yes we have Corona. But for a whole year now. It explains some delays. But do not excuse everything.

• Like 3

Let's see what the next update does, as otherwise I fear that it development is frozen as nothing is said here, almost nothing is explained etc.

When there is no communications from developer's, then it is a bad sign.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

5 hours ago, Fri13 said:

When there is no communications from developer's, then it is a bad sign.....

Only if you consider working on the actual product instead of "communicating on forums" a bad thing?

There is a lot of communication going on, just not here... Which isn't cool, but it's how it is.

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Discord... aha.

Sorry i will not participate in growing another facebook. Thats a dead end. Snowden was when? 5 years ago? 8 years maybe? And we had Browser-Wars... and before that Provider-Wars...

Learning from the past should finally be a thing.

Using centralized structures for communication is a very bad idea. Especially military interested people should know this. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shagrat said:

Only if you consider working on the actual product instead of "communicating on forums" a bad thing?

There is a lot of communication going on, just not here... Which isn't cool, but it's how it is.

Communication is critical part of any development.

And the customers are mainly here, not in their kingdom (their discord and Facebook).

And what "developers" means, it does not only mean programmers, but everyone working for the product (not the common company personnel like cleaners or secretaries etc), including personnel responsible for marketing, customer relationships etc.

That is still the huge problem from Razbam side that they do not have any interest or respect toward any customer as long they do not prioritize ED forum as their primary communication channel and release plans for each update period here.

If you consider that disrespectful behavior toward customers is a good thing....

And that they hide to own kingdom so they can ban people that asks difficult questions.... To just signal that everything is fine by being absent....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Aiyarree said:

Using centralized structures for communication is a very bad idea. Especially military interested people should know this. 

Actually we need centralized communication channel, this forum here.

ED provides the platform for business (store) and as well for development (SDK) and customer base (DCS World users, private and military contracts) and as well channel to communicate, share content between users etc.

Everything should happen here primarily. So if there is an announcement, it comes here first. If there are news, it is here first. If there are challenges or problems, it is here.

So that anyone who is even slightly interested about DCS can seek information straight from here. One official location.

No one would deny that 3rd party studio couldn't use 3rd party services along to gain more users, widen marketing etc. But only as secondary methods.

So that when something happens, in the future people can come here and find out the old discussions, reports, etc. Not to chase around world to get the critical information.

This helps to avoid rumors and false information when all official information is right here and it is responded and handled publicly right where everyone are, in this forum, ED newsletters etc.

Every military person should understand chain of command and command structure. When a left hand doesn't know what right hand does, and one can't find out what other is about to do, it causes a 🔵 on 🔵 situation or resources are wasted when same things are performed multiple times and enemies has more time and space to utilize the confusion among ranks.

Information and intelligence are critical parts. And DCS World is suppose to be a cooperation, a harmony of understanding and being together to build larger DCS community. Not a group of hostilities between studios and disturbing the communications by scattering all to various different channels so the whole core of the DCS World (customers) can't find out what is going to happen, where and when... If someone running a company has displeases toward customer service, then they should hire someone who does it well.  And that means you will have that person up to date in everything so that person does the communication primarily from one channel, not required to run multiple ones and try to manage different groups that doesn't know all etc.

Divide and control is a great tactic to control. Scatter your information sources to multiple parts and you can create confusion that others can't solve, winning time for you to do what you want as no one is not any wiser what really is status.

8 hours ago, deephack said:

@shagratWhat is the primary communication method for Razbam? Facebook or Discord?

Don't know. I don't use Facebook, just happen to be around in their AV-8B channel on Discord lately, so I know they test updates for the next update. Not much details, or a changelog, but let's see if and what they have been working on since Dec patch.

Honestly, with the Forum moving platforms twice, my forum activity nearly ground to a halt, as well.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

16 hours ago, Fri13 said:

Let's see what the next update does, as otherwise I fear that it development is frozen as nothing is said here, almost nothing is explained etc

Well, two weeks ago:

and:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/258456-user-error-waypoint-bug/?do=findComment&comment=4547239

...and there is more "explained". Just click on RAZBAM_ELMO and scroll down to see all posts latest on top.

Yes, there is some bias towards Discord (obviously Elmo takes it upon himself to actually talk(!) people through problems and bug reports, using voice), but it's not like there is no communication and interaction here. 😇

Shagrat

1 minute ago, shagrat said:

Well, two weeks ago:

and:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/258456-user-error-waypoint-bug/?do=findComment&comment=4547239

...and there is more "explained". Just click on RAZBAM_ELMO and scroll down to see all posts latest on top.

Yes, there is some bias towards Discord (obviously Elmo takes it upon himself to actually talk(!) people through problems and bug reports, using voice), but it's not like there is no communication and interaction here. 😇

Those are few and rare that really happens. And talking on the market to someone who has problems doesn't help others at the other time, or those who are not at the market.

And when someone focuses so heavily in the small place, where information is lost right there, it doesn't help anyone else ever.

Why all the help etc should be directed to this forum, centralized so that people come here to seek help, to search answers and to share information. And the minimal effort is require to get information to maximum potential and stored for the future reasons.

It is just annoying for some that they couldn't hide the unpleasant questions and try to control who can talk about what.