multicrew status - released to open beta 17th December 2020

AT_Youmu

• ED Team
@BIGNEWY

I stumbled about an internal Discord announcement that Huey Multi Crew will be available in the next Open Beta Patch scheduled for Nov 4th. This announcement is supposed to be in some announcement somewhere on the forums..

Question: Is that true? And in case it is, can you point me please to this announcement? I can´t find it

Nothing announced publicly currently, when multi crew is ready it will be in the change log.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks @BIGNEWY

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Eagerly awaiting this as well. Would love to fly as a gunner in the Huey or in the upcoming Mi-24, hopefully with the Hind incoming we will get multicrew in the Huey beforehand.

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Eagerly awaiting this as well. Would love to fly as a gunner in the Huey

For me personally, gunner not so much, but just having a second crew member in the cockpit working the F10 map for low-level navigation, helping to spot targets and communicating with other assets in a complex battlefield environment, while the pilot focusses on NOE flying, should be really fantastic. Trying all this at once as a single pilot has lead to desaster more than once for me :music_whistling:

I think the issue will be, as with all multicrew aircraft in DCS, MP de-sync. I think the only multicrew aircraft that works properly for me in MP is the Tomcat. All others have massive de-sync issues that result in engines cutting out randomly, equipment turning on and off and juddering on screens as they flicker between modes. I think this is a wider DCS issue that the Huey, so perhaps they're working to try and fix that first?

• 2 weeks later...
Please do not change the subject, keep it on the multi crew topic.

The closed testing team had a mass test last night, a few issues need to be tweaked, but I am hopeful the wait is coming to an end.

thanks

Are there any new infos about the ongoing testing @BIGNEWY ? Have you guys been able to fix further issues?

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

• ED Team

Are there any new infos about the ongoing testing @BIGNEWY ? Have you guys been able to fix further issues?

Its still ongoing and the dev is working on the tweaks, I really hope we can share it with you before the new year, I am hopeful, but dont want to count my chickens just yet. As soon as we have more news we will share it.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Its still ongoing and the dev is working on the tweaks, I really hope we can share it with you before the new year, I am hopeful, but dont want to count my chickens just yet. As soon as we have more news we will share it.

Might wanna go shopping for multicrew code at Heatblur..

• ED Team

Might wanna go shopping for multicrew code at Heatblur..

Completely different, what we are doing with the new multicrew for the UH-1H is going to lay foundations for future multicrew with more than 2 crew.

thanks

• Like 2

Completely different, what we are doing with the new multicrew for the UH-1H is going to lay foundations for future multicrew with more than 2 crew.

thanks

Oh, that sounds really interesting...

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Surely when multi-crew does eventually arrive this is going to be an amazing game changer or at least I hope so. I just wonder how many DCS fans will flock in their droves to play in this format. Exciting times ahead. If there is any news hype before release, mentioning the attributes that would be cool.

This year we restarted work on multicrew. It has not been in development for seven years.

So why belsimtek in 2017 stated they were working on it, as demonstrated by the quote below?

Former Belsimtek replied in another thread about this issue, you may remember

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...8&postcount=53

That was back in 2017...and they were pretty confident that it would be a matter of months, hahaha...

Who is lying?

That said, this is the reason I do not buy early access modules: I want to see what is inside when a module is declared out of EA (aka finished).

I own the huey, but I mainly fly offline so multicrew is not a crucial feature to me; when I've chosen to buy the huey I was aware I could not expect to have multicrew for granted, as the module was already out of early access.

If someone complains, I think he should not keep buying EA stuff: if you want the huey for the multicrew (or any other module for a particular feature) and that feature is not ready when the module is out of EA, you can choose not to buy that module.

• ED Team

So why belsimtek in 2017 stated they were working on it, as demonstrated by the quote below?

Who is lying?

That said, this is the reason I do not buy early access modules: I want to see what is inside when a module is declared out of EA (aka finished).

I own the huey, but I mainly fly offline so multicrew is not a crucial feature to me; when I've chosen to buy the huey I was aware I could not expect to have multicrew for granted, as the module was already out of early access.

If someone complains, I think he should not keep buying EA stuff: if you want the huey for the multicrew (or any other module for a particular feature) and that feature is not ready when the module is out of EA, you can choose not to buy that module.

No one is lying.

you quote BST from 2017, a lot has changed in that time, including BST merging with us at ED.

Priorities changed, and I clearly say work on MC had restarted. We have a dev working hard on it, but it is very complex. We are testing fixes as they happen and MC will be released once we are somewhere near having a relatively bug free experience.

This year we restarted work on multicrew. It has not been in development for seven years, we planned it seven years ago.

It is complex work, I have already said as soon as it is ready for public testing it will be in the patch notes.

Until then everyone will need to continue to be patient.

Thanks

No one is lying.

you quote BST from 2017, a lot has changed in that time, including BST merging with us at ED.

Priorities changed, and I clearly say work on MC had restarted. We have a dev working hard on it, but it is very complex. We are testing fixes as they happen and MC will be released once we are somewhere near having a relatively bug free experience.

A slight side-track but still relevant; You said "...what we are doing with the new multicrew for the UH-1H is going to lay foundations for future multicrew with more than 2 crew.", does this mean that it is easily transferable to the Mi-8 as well?