Missing mandatory CE marking for the European market

QuiGon

That is for importers who onsell. Not applicable for individuals who import for their own use. Oh and mate, get off your high horse.

Excuse me? I have clearly pointed out, that this was ironic. Because i already knew about Aus having compliance regulations. Besides that, i don't see the purpose of RCM regulations wich can be legally avoided by just purchasing stuff from outside and the devices still find their way into private homes legally. Sounds like placebo and doesen't make any sense to me. On the other hand it has been stated MULTIPLE times from the very beginning, that this thread is about the missing markings making the WW devices completely illegal over here, and not that they are hazardous. Still we have people from wherever, trying to tell us that this is "bs" and "that their throttle didn't explode yet". So WHO exactly should get off their high horse?

These are extremely low powered USB based devices, not 240v mains gear-.

What has this to do with the fact, that lacking these markings makes the WW devices illegal over here? Again, this thread was in no way meant to claim the WW devices beeing hazardous, but to provide important informations for european purchasers, all the reviewers were unable (or unwilling?) to provide. The purpose is, that europeans can make a reasonable decision if they are willing to take the risk that the shipment may get confiscated by national customs, or not. Nothing more and nothing less. I realy wonder what is so difficult to say in a review: "The WinWing devices do not have any compliance markings and no markings in general. So before you order, please make sure the device is legal to import / operate in your country"? I guess the fact, that WW won't sent them any other devices in the future...

And yes we do have compliance regulations over here, but nothing like the BS you lot have to go through!

Comparing a few more important things of daily life, it took me 5 minutes to find out you guys are definately going through more bs than we do. A lot more. ;)

• Like 2

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Ok whatever....enjoy your rules!!!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

On 11/22/2020 at 2:21 AM, Phantom_Mark said:

Wouldn't want to upset some bureaucrat in Brussels now would we, cross our T's and dot our i's........indoctrinated and brainwashed by the EU.

I have the throttle and panels here, they are beautifully made, they haven't blown up, and they haven't stolen my data, and they look supurb, if you won't buy it because it doesn't have a little sticker on to satisfy some bureaucratic BS from Brussels, that is entirely your choice, all I would say is these are USB devices drawing very little power, ie 5v, had they been full blown electronics drawing proper current etc I would expect them to be made to a higher standard as well.

Having had to take my throttle apart from brand new (I broke the socket myself) I can attest to them being very nicely made inside....no cheap sub standard rubbish here.

20201120_153102.thumb.jpg.38833f0a806b4d2e44f5fbaac4ca58aa.jpg

The problem isn't just about "potential hazard" in terms of electricity (as a USB powered device isn't really "that" dangerous).

The CE certification proofs confirmity to multiple regulations, like health and safety and environmental. Is the soldering using lead? Can the wiring cause damage or harm to people and equipment? Etc.

In the end it boils down to the legal part, where customs can simply confiscate your expensive new toy, because it does not conform to import regulations and that's the end of it.

If that is worth the risk, is up to everyone to decide for himself.

I mean certain drugs are legal in some countries and illegal in others, you may argue about "how stupid" this may be or not be, but if you happen to be on the receiving end of the legal system of whatever country the jokes are usually on you. 

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

By the way, a CE mark on a product is not something the manufacturer has to pay for. It's a mark they apply to declare that they have followed the relevant EU directives when making the product. Different directives will apply to different products, and the manufacturer must be able to support their use of the Mark with a technical file containing documentation relevant to the directives used.

It is possible that complying with the directives will cost the manufacturer some money because they may have to perform certain tests so that know they comply, e.g emc testing is not cheap.

However, all the directives do really is ensure that products are safe and properly engineered, so they are a good thing.

• Like 4

Win10 x64, 16 GB RAM, Ryzen 5 1600X @3.60 GHz, 500 GB SSD, GeForce 1080 Ti

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/5/2020 at 9:40 PM, Teeps said:

By the way, a CE mark on a product is not something the manufacturer has to pay for. It's a mark they apply to declare that they have followed the relevant EU directives when making the product. Different directives will apply to different products, and the manufacturer must be able to support their use of the Mark with a technical file containing documentation relevant to the directives used.

It is possible that complying with the directives will cost the manufacturer some money because they may have to perform certain tests so that know they comply, e.g emc testing is not cheap.

However, all the directives do really is ensure that products are safe and properly engineered, so they are a good thing.

^This. And btw these norms and standards are not only applicable within the EU. There is a lot of commonality between IEC Standards and EN Standards. If these devices are well built they should have no problems passing all required tests should the manufacturer decide to actually test wether his device complies with these standards or not. 

Edited by Derbysieger

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

I don't know about the Libra or Taurus, but I just received the panels.

They don't have marking on the devices themselves but the boxes have CE markings, also no hassle with customs with these in Norway.

IMG_20210325_131233916.jpg

Edited by Bob_Bushman
  • Thanks 1

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:02 AM, QuiGon said:

Believe it or not, but I'm very glad we have to "go through this BS" here and instead don't have to worry about poor quality and potentially hazardous devices.

Riiiight, just make sure there is no 'TÜV Rheinland'-Sticker on there... If so, dispose of the item and treat it as if it's nuclear waste.

German customs is only interested in the VAT and import duties, they have never cared for any Chinese items I impoprted. If you really want it, order it. If for any reason it gets confiscated, you can have the item checked and approved by your countries technical certification bureau. In Germany both TÜV and DEKRA will do this. Certification costs 80-150€

Ofcourse you could always ask WinWing to put a sticker on the outside of the box stating 'Hand crafted in Wuhan', bet customs will not be so eager to open the box... 👹 😉

Edited by Kea

i7 8700K water cooled | GTX 1080ti water cooled | 16GB DDR4 3600 | 1TB M.2 | X56 Hotas | Acer VR HMD

16 minutes ago, Kea said:

Riiiight, just make sure there is no 'TÜV Rheinland'-Sticker on there... If so, dispose of the item and treat it as if it's nuclear waste.

German customs is only interested in the VAT and import duties, they have never cared for any Chinese items I impoprted. If you really want it, order it. If for any reason it gets confiscated, you can have the item checked and approved by your countries technical certification bureau. In Germany both TÜV and DEKRA will do this. Certification costs 80-150€

Ofcourse you could always ask WinWing to put a sticker on the outside of the box stating 'Hand crafted in Wuhan', bet customs will not be so eager to open the box... 👹 😉

German customs does care about the CE marking as stated on their website: https://www.zoll.de/EN/Businesses/Movement-of-goods/Import/Restrictions/Goods/Product-safety/marginalspalte_faq.html?faqCalledDoc=203388

Does this mean every imported item without the proper CE marking gets confiscated by customs? No, of course not, but same with missing VAT and import duties. I've also imported items where the VAT was missing and customs didn't care.

But all this isn't relevant anymore as it seems WingWing has added the proper CE marking as shown by @Bob_Bushman above.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...