Poor performance... DCS not using Video Memory?..sort of?

muse458

Hi All

Not sure if this is anything of use, however I went to check my frames in Syria Map using left ctrl + scroll lock..then pressed it again to get a system overview and it showed it was using 0.00 video memory????

did a repair on the open beta and still the same... tried caucas and still the same..

then had the task manager running to see GPU usage and that was showing good usage.. so not sure why the difference? maybe nothing but thought I would mention it

using 452.06 driver in VR 6700K at 4.0 with 1080ti rift S PD 1.4 in tray tool

NOTE: slightly off topic I also put my terrain textures to low and got 15-20 frames back in Syria as well

l

1106524035_VideoMemory.png.6505ec1ce7b482e7d2f350fbf67206a9.png

870722313_3dperformanceDCS.thumb.jpg.c3c220570f8560baaa2f09384a13a688.jpg

Same here. In DCS measure 0.00MB but Adrenalin Software overlay shows 77% VRAM usage.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Hi muse. You have an error when your Export.lua is loaded.

2020-09-16 12:38:45.160 ERROR Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "C:\Users\musem\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua"]:39: attempt to index upvalue 'accel' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[C]: in function 'my_send'

[string "C:\Users\musem\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua"]:42: in function 'AfterNextFrame'

[string "C:\Users\musem\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua"]:70: in function <[string "C:\Users\musem\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua"]:69>.

Can you please attach your Export.lua?

(C:\Users\your_name\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\Export.lua)

EDIT: I'm not investigating your "Video: 0.0" stat by the way, since a lot of us (if not everyone) have this null stat. I'm investigating your perf issue.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

The error comes from your "export plugin for SimTools V3" inside the Export.lua. I see another user is using a slightly different version of this export plugin. If you're still using SimTools, you should ensure this plugin is up to date. And if you're not, you'd better remove this plugin from your Export.lua file.

In order to see if this error is affecting your DCS performance, simply rename "Export.lua" file as "Export.lua_backup" then lauch the game.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.