Is there a list or map of interesting military targets?

ScopeDope

I've been looking around the map and have run across many cool little military bases or outposts. Is there a comprehensive map somewhere of these things for mission makers or are we on our own to scour the map and find interesting stuff?

I know lots of the larger ones have those helpful labels on the map, but many of the smaller ones do not. Also helpful to have the SAM foundation rings and whatnot.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My suggestion is that you look up the specific history of military events that happened in the region. By this, I mean the following: find any specific place, and search for that place's specific military history. The city of Palmyra, for instance, has been the scene of multiple takeovers by ISIS and the Syrian army. There is a DMZ cutting through the center of Cyprus, and multiple locations there have seen combat. These kinds of locations - as well as singular targets, of course - provide for an interesting target setup.

Edited by Matuchkin

7 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

My suggestion is that you look up the specific history of military events that happened in the region. By this, I mean the following: find any specific place, and search for that place's specific military history. The city of Palmyra, for instance, has been the scene of multiple takeovers by ISIS and the Syrian army. There is a DMZ cutting through the center of Cyprus, and multiple locations there have seen combat. These kinds of locations - as well as singular targets, of course - provide for an interesting target setup.

Started with a list of 600 airstrikes and POI's in this topic

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 2/27/2023 at 12:48 AM, evanf117 said:

i made this for Syria map, its most of the sam sites and i filled out the airbases, https://dcs.rocks/Uaz1-q there are a few recourses out there, i think covert cabal made one of all the sams globally and that works for sams, but if your looking for mission ideas there is the time 4chan found isis and russia bombed them

ISTR that Sean O'Connor over at SPF had an open source intel blog that he mapped the location of various Soviet allied states, Syria was one of them.  It's well worth tracking down, because he made the kml files downloadable so you can import them into GE if you want.

• Like 1