[NO BUG - W.I.P] Interior Lights only rendering in Right Eye

DroptheHammer

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4489778#post4489778

Copied from the link above since Heatblur affirmed this was a DCS Core Issue..

Hello all,

Since the last patch, the interior lights ( or rather the light they show on surfaces) of the tomcat do not render in the left eye of the HMD. To be clear, both eyes can see the light origin (the bulb itself) but only the right eye sees the light cast unto other objects as intended, to the left eye, even with all white and red lights on at night the cockpit is pitch black. Prior to the patch, this bug existed in the same way only when Culling was manually enabled by command line/LUA. The bug is similar to how the deck crew prior to the patch wasn't rendering in the left eye either (an ED bug they fixed last patch).

It is most likely that the change ED made to ensure the Deck Crew was rendered to both eyes with Culling = ON needs to be followed by either ED or Heatblur to ensure the F-14 interior lights effects on the dashboard replicated to both eyes.

Since Culling is now on by default since the last patch, all SteamVR , Windows MR and possibly oculus users should have this issue.

I've tried toggling culling of via the lua, but the option can no longer be manually disabled (at least by the same line we used to manually enable it last patch).

Hopefully this puts you on the right path and what ED did for the deck crew can be applied again for cockpit lighting. If they are unrelated, good luck finding it!

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

I don't believe that's the case, with frustum culling disabled (which unless something changed IS the default mode) I have no problems seeing all lights in both eyes in the tomcat (floods/instruments).

There's a bug where there's a hole in the cockpit (only in one eye, which is strange) but that's on HB.

Check your Config\autoexec.cfg and if it's not there, add

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser = false

• ED Team

Yes please ensure you have options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser disabled if you are using it.

Stereo mode is heavily W.I.P at the moment.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes please ensure you have options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser disabled if you are using it.

Stereo mode is heavily W.I.P at the moment.

thanks

So, just to confirm. My choices are keep the performance (option TRUE) and loose the lights in the left eye... OR ... go slower and have the lights (Option False)?

Works for me... I just figured since y'all fixed the crew not displaying with Option TRUE that the lights might get fixed also.

New Setup : 13900K, Asus ROG Strix 4090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, DT 1990 Pro Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Setup: 12900KS @ 5.5 , EVGA FTW3 Hybrid 3090, 64GB of DDR3600C14, 4x 2TB ADATA NVME, HP Reverb G2, Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil TM3 throttle, Monolith External Amp, Philips X2HR Headphones & TrackIR v5

Old Old Setup: 9900KS @ 5.2, EVGA FTW3 3090. 32GB of DDR3866, 3x 1TB ADATA NVME

• ED Team

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser is very W.I.P and not ready for public use.

Until we are ready this would not be a bug, but work in progress.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser is very W.I.P and not ready for public use.

Until we are ready this would not be a bug, but work in progress.

thanks

So if we change the line to read "options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser disabled" will it fix certain clouds only being rendered and interior lights only being rendered in one eye, or do we need to have it set to "options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser true" or "options.graphics.stereo_mode_use_shared_parser false" ?

Apologies, but I've been away from DCS for quite some time with life tasking - and have recently started getting some time to re-enter the virtual skies - many things are different, some for the worse and some for the better.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Just comment the line out by adding — to the start.that’s two minus symbols

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Just comment the line out by adding — to the start.that’s two minus symbols

Copy, thank you.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria