Updated and improved external model

In the FAQ thread it is mentioned that the external model is updated. Does this mean that we will also get a new skin template for the A-10C?

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

So the plane got a multi million pound ..oops $ upgrade and the test pilots whapped it off the boom...a few times. Oh you took it to boomer school so you could get more plug in reps....fine ha ha

Uhm, what? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

In the FAQ thread it is mentioned that the external model is updated. Does this mean that we will also get a new skin template for the A-10C?

Yes is a safe bet, but I don't know when it will get released, sometimes it's right away, sometimes it takes a little while. ED seems to be quicker about it than some 3rd part devs though, so I won't be surprised if we see it fairly soon after the module releases. With the Pave Penny pod removed and some other items, they will have to release a new template for livery creation, the old one just isn't going to work, and custom skins are a big part of the sim for many.

Yes is a safe bet, but I don't know when it will get released, sometimes it's right away, sometimes it takes a little while. ED seems to be quicker about it than some 3rd part devs though, so I won't be surprised if we see it fairly soon after the module releases. With the Pave Penny pod removed and some other items, they will have to release a new template for livery creation, the old one just isn't going to work, and custom skins are a big part of the sim for many.

It's probably going to work for 95%. A few parts are removed or added but to me it looks like, most will stay the same. So just a copy paste thing and adjust.

It's probably going to work for 95%. A few parts are removed or added but to me it looks like, most will stay the same. So just a copy paste thing and adjust.

I really hope it is a completely new template that does not contain 11 psd files :-)

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

So the plane got a multi million pound ..oops $ upgrade and the test pilots whapped it off the boom...a few times. Oh you took it to boomer school so you could get more plug in reps....fine ha ha

As a retired Boom Operator I can say emphatically that I never hit a receiver outside the confines of the receptacle...

Yeah ok that's a lie. I refueled F-4s and A-10s. :music_whistling:

I can honestly say in more than 22 years of flying I never saw an UN-dimpled nose on an A-10. The slow speeds made the boom handle sluggishly and the A-10 Pilot is usually leaning on the throttle trying to get into position.

I'm glad the dents are there...brings back some great memories!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.