4 HARMs for the Viper

SCPanda

8 minutes ago, CBenson89 said:

Why don’t you guys find a freaking pilot from a SEAD unit and ask them. My brother is an eagle driver I’ll see if the two guys from his UPT class that got vipers went to SEAD units. And see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why even have to go through all that Panther is a SME and works on Vipers and said as much above your post that it's not possible. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Yeah I’m sorry I’ll take the word of a pilot over a mechanic. Pilots are in vaults all day looking at missions specs loadouts and tactics they know more about what the jets can and can’t do than mechanics. They can also look at all old tactics and missions and see if there was a different SOP in the past.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CBenson89 said:

Yeah I’m sorry I’ll take the word of a pilot over a mechanic. Pilots are in vaults all day looking at missions specs loadouts and tactics they know more about what the jets can and can’t do than mechanics. They can also look at all old tactics and missions and see if there was a different SOP in the past.

Just a FYI, Crew Chiefs that have been in the USAF for a career - will know more than anyone else on the flightline about the technicalities of the airframe. Especially when it comes to wiring and the engineering of what can and cannot be approved. They own the jet, and ultimately... they can tell Aircrew that they are not flying their aircraft that day. Because the responsibility and safety is in their hands.

Edited by Wing
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

No need to ask your brother, since ED already spoke to people "that know".

They did their job, they made a decision.

Edited by Viking 1-1
  • Thanks 1

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

14 minutes ago, CBenson89 said:

Great good for them. I’ll take a weapons school graduate over a crew chief any day of the week for what a viper can and cannot do tactically and what loads they carry and employ.

Funny thing is, MX makes the calls whether this loadout can be supported. Whether the jet is "FMC" and puts the final red X signature on whichever mod is installed, is safe and doable IAW with engineers. Aircrew does none of that, and the countless times I have had to tell a pilot, "No sir, that is not possible." Or "Sir, you are not flying my jet today due to *insert safety issue here*" is endless.

You literally have no idea how the flightline works, so best to stay within your lane instead of disrespecting people that do this as a profession. (Especially the SME above Panther - who is assigned to crewing the USAF F16). Weapons troops here would also know much more about the tech data... I will tag, @Scrape, maybe he has insight with this.

Edited by Wing
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, CBenson89 said:

Why don’t you guys find a freaking pilot from a SEAD unit and ask them. My brother is an eagle driver I’ll see if the two guys from his UPT class that got vipers went to SEAD units. And see what they say.

Sounds like someone is extra butt hurt about getting a realistic Viper…. Time to close this thread I think 

• Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]