Syria map has disappeared

miks

HI there,

Somehow the Syria map has vanished from the game. I played it a week ago and of course I'm on the latest open beta build 2.5.6.54046.

The map is not appearing in instant action, fast missions or mission editor so there is no way for me to fly in it. :cry:

However, the map appears to be installed in the module manager and it's also showing as installed in Skatezilla's DCS updater/launcher utility which is totally weird.

Anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Did you try the F14 under instant mission?I just checked mine and it working fine.I have the previous patch though .

Tried it, doesn't appear there either.

I was able to fly in the Syria map with my helicopters using a custom mission that i made last week. Since then, Syria map does not appear anywhere in game, except in the module manager.

Check the screenshots:

https://imgur.com/gallery/8YlirjL

I'm starting to think there is something wrong with DCS installation but I haven't changed anything since I last played a week ago. :helpsmilie:

Anyone else had similar issues?

It works fine on my rig .. why don't you share your dcs.log so we can gather more clues?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It works fine on my rig .. why don't you share your dcs.log so we can gather more clues?

Thanks for your answer. Now that you mentioned it, i opened my log and found an entry saying "Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Syria': not authorized" which is strange. Attaching my log so maybe you can figure it out better than me.

dcs.log

• ED Team

Hi

please contact support directly here

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for your answer. Now that you mentioned it, i opened my log and found an entry saying "Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Syria': not authorized" which is strange. Attaching my log so maybe you can figure it out better than me.

It's not the only unauthorized module, also the FC3 planes are on the same state ... perhaps you have installed an aircraft Mod that makes use of FC3, like VSN aircrafts?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I do have the same issue

Ok, I figured it out.

First try repairing DCS via following command:

(Open CMD, go to /bin directory)

F:\DCS World\bin>dcs_updater.exe repair

If it doesn't work try reinstalling the module:

F:\DCS World\bin>dcs_updater.exe install SYRIA_terrain

Don't be afraid, it doesn't download the whole package. It just searches for already installed files and somehow fixes itself.

Try and let me know if it works for you as well.

Edited by 341-Ces

I do have the same issue

Ok, I figured it out.

First try repairing DCS via following command:

(Open CMD, go to /bin directory)

F:\DCS World\bin>dcs_updater.exe repair

If it doesn't work try reinstalling the module:

F:\DCS World\bin>dcs_updater.exe install SYRIA_terrain

Don't be afraid, it doesn't download the whole package. It just searches for already installed files and somehow fixes itself.

Try and let me know if it works for you as well.

Thanks, I will try this and let you know.

It's not the only unauthorized module, also the FC3 planes are on the same state ... perhaps you have installed an aircraft Mod that makes use of FC3, like VSN aircrafts?

I don't have any mod installed at all. I will try to install via the method above but I'm not sure what i have to type for the FC3 planes... :joystick:

EDIT: Despite the terrain being already installed, it's downloading it again.

EDIT2: After downloading and installing again over existing installation everything is fine.

Edited by miks
Update