Mission 14 ends abruptly?

LewisBarksdale

Hello! First off, thanks for an amazing campaign taking DCS to the next level. I'm reading the book "concurrently" with the campaign (reading up to the start of each mission, but flying the mission first to preserve surprise/suspense) and it's quite the immersive experience.

I just flew Mission 14, and a minute or so after dropping on the target and starting the egress, it sort of froze as though it was quitting. I pressed Esc in case it was just lag (intending to pause), but it was in fact quitting, since I arrived at the end-of-mission debrief screen (and because I pressed Esc it asked "are you sure you want to quit? progress will be lost", which I declined). I mention hitting Esc only for completeness; I don't think it affected anything.

I wanted to check if this was intended behavior? It seemed like it was possible it was the "mission save" feature I've seen before (but haven't used since I like air-to-air refueling), but it seemed surprising since it just quit rather than prompting for a choice.

In case it's relevant, I'll describe a bit more what I was doing on the run-in and on egress. On run-in, I was seeing what seemed like debugging messages, mentioned in another thread here. I got spiked and launched on by SA-15 a couple times, and each time I went defensive, making roughly 360 degree turns to the right. I felt like this put me behind the other flights.

To avoid the SA-15, I deviated to the left (west) a bit and managed to get to the release point. Both bombs hit the Anvil 11 target (saw it on FLIR and debrief page). On egress, there was some dialog going between Flip and Weed (I think) warning about a lightpost tracking from the north (which would've been behind me) and Flip saying he's ok. I did mild evasive maneuvers, but didn't get any spikes and saw no missile launches behind me -- it made me wonder if my position had set off a trigger at the incorrect time, but not sure. The mission exit happened just a bit after this.

If this is expected behavior, I was going to follow the instructions here to fix the logbook and go to mission 15. But if it means I missed the second half of the mission I'll give it another go.

Thanks for the help!

Hey! You probably missed a message saying that mission is complete - M15 picks up at the point where 14 ends (there are a lot of reasons to do so, you’ll understand when you play M15). The problem is that due to an error you need to edit the logbook to advance - it has been fixed internally long time ago, but there was one update with a technical problem (fixes were submitted but not released), and then this week’s was postponed.. but yeah, mission ends after the attack.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 year later...
On 9/19/2020 at 5:09 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Hey! You probably missed a message saying that mission is complete - M15 picks up at the point where 14 ends (there are a lot of reasons to do so, you’ll understand when you play M15). The problem is that due to an error you need to edit the logbook to advance - it has been fixed internally long time ago, but there was one update with a technical problem (fixes were submitted but not released), and then this week’s was postponed.. but yeah, mission ends after the attack.

Hi there,

I had the same issue: The mission just ended automatically when I egress southeast, but when i click end mission, it shows mission failed and gives me a 40% rating. Me and my flight had bombed the weapon factory facilities to the ground. I've tried 3 times and it all end the same, with 40% completion, did i missed something? 

• Like 1
  • PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

On 9/25/2021 at 5:39 PM, Jenson said:

Hi there,

I had the same issue: The mission just ended automatically when I egress southeast, but when i click end mission, it shows mission failed and gives me a 40% rating. Me and my flight had bombed the weapon factory facilities to the ground. I've tried 3 times and it all end the same, with 40% completion, did i missed something? 

I have the same problem right now, latest 2.7.6 OB. Actually, this is not the first time a mission ended abruptly in this campaign for me, mission 4 has ended this way for no obvious reason several times for me until I was able to pass it.

Edited by Nipil

On 9/19/2020 at 11:09 AM, baltic_dragon said:

If the mission is supposed to end after the target, then it didn't for me. I bombed the target, and last message I got was about bugging out heading 230, which I then did. After then no more radio comms or messages. I made it out to the gulf (shooting down an F-5 which also was coming out there, apparently unaware of me as it was just flying straight, with no attempt at evasion), and refueled from shell 51. Then made it back to the carrier. Marshall didn't reply to my radio requests, but I landed anyway on the carrier. Then in the mission debriefing I got a mission failed. Also navigation was a bit weird as after waypoint 9, waypoint 10 was back towards the target, and no more waypoints to bring me home...

That is very frustrating as this was the 5th or 6th time I tried this mission, which is a long one. Most times I was shot down by the SA-15 as I was hitting the target, but finally I managed to avoid getting shot down, just to get a mission failure, for no good reason 😞