[RESOLVED] AV8B Missing sounds

Dusty_13

Hey guys, please accept my apologies if this has been covered, Also I initially posted this thread in DCS Bug reporting - sorry

I'm having issues with the AV8B as most cockpit switch clicking sounds and also the canopy open and close sounds are now missing, at least these are the ones I've noticed are missing.

Have any of you experienced the same issues? as I cannot seem to find any way to fix this.

Things I've tried so far are repairing game install files and cleanup through the DCS updater tool, this didn't fix it so them so I deleted the AV8B module through mod manager and then reinstalled and again nothing changed.

I'm running the standalone DCS world OpenBeta 2.5.6.

Any help here would be awesome :helpsmilie:

Hi, I can confirm sounds are missing in OB. I can't hear most of the switches.

I can ear those sounds in current stable.

Edited by Flappie
canopy sounds are OK

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Can you quickly check if you have the cockpit sounds volume turned down at all, try turning it to max and adjust? If the problem still persists post back here but I've been flying for a while this morning and did not notice. Ill check again tho. If that fails, try a repair and try again for me.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Correction: I can hear the canopy closing sound. But I cannot hear a lot of switches clicking (APU GEN sound works).

Here's a video in 2 parts:

• 0:00 - I demonstrate my volume is OK using Tomcat switches
  • 0:48 - I demonstrate I cannot hear any Harrier switches

I've also attached my log file.

And here are my audio parameters:

image.png

dcs.log

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Ok. I will report this once some one has generated a full list of the switch missing sounds.

Also please note id you have Hear like in helmet selected, of course the clicking sounds are going to barely audible.

I have noted all the buttons I pressed made a sound, and some of the toggle switches, I don't have the time to personally check every switch (I am a volunteer) but if some one can generate the full list of what missing AFTER the next OB release. I will report this into the system.

HI RAZBAM_ELMO, sorry for the late reply I was out yesterday and didn't have a chance to respond.

I have now readjusted cockpit and switches volumes to max and still didn't work, I also tried another repair and nothing has changed.

I now just finished a complete reinstallation of DCS Openbeta 2.5.6 and reinstalled modules one by one and still no switches sound or canopy closure sound, I've also noticed there is no sound for fuel probe in and out either.

I thought the issues was maybe to do with my saved games files so I removed anything to do with the AV8B and still I cannot hear the sounds.

Guys I'm relatively new to the DCS Community just wanted to say I'm overwhelmed with the traction this post has made and am very grateful for all your support ;)

tea_cypher I would be happy to help identify all the switches but i have not finished learning the aircraft and it may take some time for me to get all the information to you.

I can tell you that the upfront panel switches where the radio's are located are all making sounds and working from what I can tell.

Both the left and right hand lower panels are NOT making any sounds whilst using switches, again form what I can tell the only switch making sound on the lower panels is the generator toggle switch to the left of engine start on the lower right panel.

I am also missing the canopy open/closure sounds but i do have the click sound when using the canopy release latch, also the fuel probe does not make any sounds when moving in or out.

Also I maybe wrong as its hard to tell but the landing gear and flaps don't seem to making any sound while moving in or out either.

Also could someone let me know how to post my DCS log file as I'm unaware on how to do this, thanks again :thumbup:

Hi Guys, i've tried to add my track file as well as an updated log file as the previous one had a few errors which i believe could have been because of my OVGME setup with saved games, i removed the OVGME mod files to stop confliction but still have the same issues with lack of sound.

av8b sounds.zip

dcs.log

Edited by Dusty_13

If anything we can get together on the discord and we can both go through it all in one sitting. Some can take left side, someone takes right and someone else takes center. Then its less work for everyone and gets a list to the team faster. Well wait after the next update and re-evaluate

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• ED Team
OK I think this is my log file if its any help.

You do have many unofficial mods.

I would recommend removing them all running a full cleanup and repair and testing with a vanilla dcs install.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Track file attached, sorry for the delay I'm not getting much time on here at the moment.

I've been round the cockpit and clicked everything I could to demonstrate the issues I'm having, also I'm going to raise another issue as the TPOD is now also having issues unless I turn the DMT switch off and on again, the recent update appears to have created issues of its own.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

av8b sounds.trk

• 4 weeks later...